• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Inglourious Basterds - I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Best laugh I've had for a long time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RoboCop 3

I remember this sucking and being a lame installment in what had been a bit of fun. Well I was more than right. Even as an impressionable teen I'd seen this for what it was.

Bring back Peter Weller!!!!!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Logan's Run

Big fan of this film, despite the cheesy 70's feel to it.

If it was remade today they would either mess it up completely or make a cinema classic.

P

Pain

VIP
:turborun:

Keep in mind that I've only seen the director's cut of Watchmen, which is considered the superior version.

I heard they just put bigger blue cocks in the directors cut.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eagle Eye

Fun piece of cinema popcorn trash. Shia was much better in this, and it was a better film overall, than that piece of Indy trash. Of course that doesn't say much.

Kung Fu Hustle

Never get tired of this farcical martial arts flick. Part satire, part chop-socky, part madness and cartoon. ALL GOOD.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Eagle Eye

Fun piece of cinema popcorn trash. Shia was much better in this, and it was a better film overall, than that piece of Indy trash. Of course that doesn't say much.
Hated it. Hated.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I can see why. But I was in the mood for a lump of popcorn trash, which is exactly what this is.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ I can see why. But I was in the mood for a lump of popcorn trash, which is exactly what this is.
Well, yeah. That it stole heavily from my favorite film of all time didn't help.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, yeah. That it stole heavily from my favorite film of all time didn't help.

There was more than just the 2001 - A Space Odessy rip offs too. Just about any of those "protect our privacy" films was stolen heavily from too. You can understand since that was a central theme, but to specifically steal scenes was a bit rich.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
There was more than just the 2001 - A Space Odessy rip offs too. Just about any of those "protect our privacy" films was stolen heavily from too. You can understand since that was a central theme, but to specifically steal scenes was a bit rich.
Well, yeah. Lots was stolen from. The whole super-innovative "I know what's best for man" computer was pretty cringe worthy though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, yeah. Lots was stolen from. The whole super-innovative "I know what's best for man" computer was pretty cringe worthy though.

Having watched Logan's Run just before this and having Asimov clearly in mind it was interesting to see the different takes on the same arguments Asimov discussed with I, Robot. In the climatic interrogation scene in Logan's Run I had the Asimov scene in mind "You lie to not hurt me, but your lies hurt me more. When you lie you hurt, when you don't lie you hurt....."

Something of this order, that overriding sense of human judgement and emotion, could be a good edition to any sci-fi. Kill the supposed greatness of the artifical intelligence with an argument that can't be won.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Synecdoche New York - this was a strange ride. i need to see it one more time before i can say much about it. but it was raw yet complicated and surreal. dark yet beautiful. but i dont know if i actually liked it or not.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kung Fu Hustle

Never get tired of this farcical martial arts flick. Part satire, part chop-socky, part madness and cartoon. ALL GOOD.

Such a fun and awesome movie. Really creative choreography and genuinely entertaining action.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That's the one!!

Just Buried
Hilarious, if somewhat exhausted plot. Rose Byrne is once again superb. Expect her to be a force in cinema soon.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Imma take the piss out of line. here is my 5 minute review of the last movie i saw... *(yes a kids movie lol) Suprise butt sex?

Up a movie about losing your inhibition,realising and making new dreams and unlocking the inner adventurer. The film begins with a short animation unrelated
to this delightful movie, (which pixar is famous for) which still manages to set the theme well and relax you for the laughter that is to follow. The jokes, not hard to comprehend with a childlike simplicity and a generation crossing charm, delve into your heart to unlock your own inner child and set the appropiate mood for the film to follow.

The film itself, does what it sets out to do, with an odd couple pairing coming together to eventually get the most out of
each other, confronting themes that are common in this genre with not so common great effect, with plenty of laughs along the way.
Elderly Carl, after the untimely death of his partner Ellie, sets out to achieve a childs plan that was lost with the harrows of life. Attaching his life's work to his house(helium balloons) he sets out to fly his house to South America to land his house on falls. This is only after breaking away from elderly routine and normality and attracting an unwanted stowaway (Russel) in the process! Russel and Carl go on
a journey of self discovery with the initial reluctant Carl warming to Russel when he sees the reflection of his own
inner child within him. The film contains the usual plot twists and hinderances to the desired finish but does so with
humour at regular intervals giving the film no dull spots.

The animation aspect is well backed by a fitting sound score emotive and stimulating bolstering the adventure perfectly evident in one of the funniest short animated fight sequences in film.

Up is a funny movie, and a deep movie, covering themes of death,loss,materialism,friendship,regret,new begginings in a
beautiful package that everyone of all ages can enjoy. Did I mention the film has a lot of dogs? I will finish with
discovering your dreams is as easy as looking "Up". 8.5 out of 10

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imma take the piss out of line. here is my 5 minute review of the last movie i saw... *(yes a kids movie lol) Suprise butt sex?

Up a movie about losing your inhibition,realising and making new dreams and unlocking the inner adventurer. The film begins with a short animation unrelated
to this delightful movie, (which pixar is famous for) which still manages to set the theme well and relax you for the laughter that is to follow. The jokes, not hard to comprehend with a childlike simplicity and a generation crossing charm, delve into your heart to unlock your own inner child and set the appropiate mood for the film to follow.

The film itself, does what it sets out to do, with an odd couple pairing coming together to eventually get the most out of
each other, confronting themes that are common in this genre with not so common great effect, with plenty of laughs along the way.
Elderly Carl, after the untimely death of his partner Ellie, sets out to achieve a childs plan that was lost with the harrows of life. Attaching his life's work to his house(helium balloons) he sets out to fly his house to South America to land his house on falls. This is only after breaking away from elderly routine and normality and attracting an unwanted stowaway (Russel) in the process! Russel and Carl go on
a journey of self discovery with the initial reluctant Carl warming to Russel when he sees the reflection of his own
inner child within him. The film contains the usual plot twists and hinderances to the desired finish but does so with
humour at regular intervals giving the film no dull spots.

The animation aspect is well backed by a fitting sound score emotive and stimulating bolstering the adventure perfectly evident in one of the funniest short animated fight sequences in film.

Up is a funny movie, and a deep movie, covering themes of death,loss,materialism,friendship,regret,new begginings in a
beautiful package that everyone of all ages can enjoy. Did I mention the film has a lot of dogs? I will finish with
discovering your dreams is as easy as looking "Up". 8.5 out of 10

Line's reviews are still better. But then again he is a pro.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Line's reviews are still better. But then again he is a pro.

mine was a tribute to his spare time. obviously i could of made mine grammatically more correct and beefed up the vocab. i guess mine was more of a tribute to margaret pomarez (shes a bit of a fox)
margaret01-1.jpg

besides, even though i regard up as a great movie, as i typed the review i wasn't even sure if i was being serious.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tremors 1,2 and 3
Great films...i love them all equally. Cant wait for the fifth movie :gaysign: