• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Inglourious basterds - i really liked it. cool movie. lots og action and lulz.

Reservoir dogs - awsome!

Crank - this movie fucking rocks!!

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Monsters Vs Aliens - 5.5/10
Meh, 3D animations are all the same these days. Still it was a funny movie.

That being said, im still looking foward to this one:
oobermind2.jpg

Kickboxer 2: The Road Back - 8/10
One of the few sequels which is better than the original. I love this movie, its one of my favourite martial arts movies.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Puppet Master - 4/10
Not what i expected...nothing much too it.

The Incredibles - 6/10
Awesome! after watching it a second time, i like it a little more.
...And Mrs. Incredible(she's flexible) :gaysign:

Clash of the Titans - 8/10
The greatest movie ever made!

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto - 10/10
One of the greatest animated movies ive seen in a while. Theres not much too it, but what it has is pure gold.

...lots of nudity too :borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolverine: Origins

Film was ok, pretty enjoyable but poorly constructed.

Transformers
Again.
I can't believe that Michael Bay got paid for this. I can't believe that Shai LeBouf is now a star because of this.

Some Pierce Bronson Bond Film

Yawn. Better than the one that was on TV last week with the tank and the train and the dish in the lake. This one had an invisible boat that when hit with missiles didn't sink or explode. Believable :borat:

jnutz19

jnutz19

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Zombieland

i thought it was pretty good. it was alot of zombies eating people and blood and flesh it was cool.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No Country For Old Men
Not what I was expecting as the narrative threw me. I'd really need to watch it again with the proper story in mind.

Twilight
Didn't suck anywhere near as much as I was expecting. The story was full of holes.

Australia
I am sick of Nicole Kidman. The missus loved it though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

brunoncyryl

Hi.
I was searching the thread and seen the topic was Official Film discussion and last Movie watched. but no body has given the proper answer.
My last movie is Mission Impossible.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Hi.
I was searching the thread and seen the topic was Official Film discussion and last Movie watched. but no body has given the proper answer.
Umm...there is no proper answer?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I didnt know this thread existed. so i got some catching up to do... My ratings will be based on my oppinion alone.

The Watchmen- 9/10

Many people had problems with it but it was the Super Hero movie i was waiting for and i thought would never happen. I felt like the story was really subjective but IMO as near perfect as any super hero movie (i dont like most of them). The movie was super long and i was feeling like it started going downhill towards the 3rd quarter but it was all worth it because it needed that much narrative for character, and story development and the 4rth quarter made up for the slow 3rd.

Every Clint Eastwood film i've seen- 10/10

What can i say, They've all been pure gold, whether he acted in it directed it, or both. Even the movies that leave a bad taste in my mouth end up leaving nothing but good memories as i cant stop thinking about them and their awesomeness really sinks in a couple of days later (Unforgiven, Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby)

The Departed- 10/10

I saw this movie like 4 times in 1 month lol i never watch movies more than three times by choice unless i see them years spread apart. Your almost guarantee'd to notice a new nuance of story importance everytime u see it. I understood the story the first time i watched it but every other time i noticed something new.

Boondock Saints- 6/10

I probably wouldve liked it more if it wasnt so overrated, i saw this movie a day after i saw The Departed and it just couldnt hold a candle to it in my opinion. The characters were as beleivable as " flying spaghetti monsters ". I probably wouldve liked it more if i was an ADHD 13 yr old irish kid who wanted a movie that made me feel proud of... well... trash.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine- 7/10

Not a very inteligent story, watered down. Too many inconsistancies. And there were two different extra endings after the credits begin which was really whack.

Transformers- 7/10

I dont even know how transformers can have a good story since the original story itself is completely retarded IMO which is understandable since it was just a story that was simply slapped onto a toy brand... had no interest in seeing the sequel since, again, its impossible to make it have a good story unless its a side story that has nothing to do with the original transformers story.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Interesting central theme and I thought the movie as a whole was good. I was a bit annoyed that the movie lacked suspense, was a bit bland and was very preachy. Also to introduce one character, half-way through the film, to act as the integral turning point for the plot seems to smack of deux ex machina.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Remake. I haven't seen the original in years.

Wanted

Didn't mind this film. It has gaping holes in the plot and story (oh I'm going to believe that someone accepts being a killer immediately) but I did like the premise and action sequences. I thought James MacAvoy was great, but the director might as well have had an Angelina Joli cardboard cut-out rather than the actual "actress" in the movie.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blood and Bone

One of the better fighting movies I've seen in awhile, had the guy from undisputed II in it.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Throne of Blood

10/10. I'm a Kurosawa fan to begin with, but this is easily the best screen adaptation of Macbeth I've ever seen.

ShakespeareInTranslation6.jpg

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Interesting central theme and I thought the movie as a whole was good. I was a bit annoyed that the movie lacked suspense, was a bit bland and was very preachy. Also to introduce one character, half-way through the film, to act as the integral turning point for the plot seems to smack of deux ex machina.
That movie is a fucking abomination. Didn't like Wanted either. Heh.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That movie is a fucking abomination. Didn't like Wanted either. Heh.

I think I had lazy weekend syndrome. I can see exactly how you'd hate The Day the Earth Stood Still, but it didn't bother me for some reason. I can also see that Wanted would really annoy you, just the leaps in plot development alone are enough, let alone anything else. Yet once again I was able to ignore it completely.

But that is also the reason for the scathing comments about the movies, while I was able to watch and be entertained I wasn't impressed. My gripes with both films is that they put so much time and effort into making everything look nice that they forgot to actually spend time creating a proper story arc and characters that actually fit within that.