• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs - 6.5/10
:umwtf:...
The mayor was funny.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince.

This movie suffered from some of the same problems as the Twilight movie. Too many scenes that seemed to be filler, characters that weren't introduced at all, some other characters that were chucked in just for fun and assumed you had seen and remembered them from the other movies (or the books, although they kept swapping character roles around to suit someones whims), really labouring some points, no dramatic tension...........

I was disappointed (as was the missus) as the previous film had actually been decent. This was actually a step back to the kids films of the first couple of Harry Potter films. Given the source material has a lot to work with you would think they could have done a better job.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watchmen

Loved this film. Pretty bleak though.

Favourite line from the film: "None of you seem to understand. I'm not stuck in here with you, you're all stuck in here with me!!!!"

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Death Becomes Her - 7/10
good stuff! :rofl3:
Goldie Hawn scared the crap outta me when she woke up dead :bitenails:
1214581162673_9310_0014_mif_640_320-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Azumi

Very enjoyable little martial arts film. The lead chick was hot and acted well, even if she didn't always look like a real sword fighter. A little bland though considering some of the themes that were raised.

Body of Lies

Really intriguing, well made and well acted movie. Lacked the big wow factor or thrilling tension that spy films need to affect a mass audience. I continue to be impressed with Leonardo DiCaprio, underwelmed by Russel Crowe, and amazed with Mark Strong. Amazingly Mark Strong was also in Rock 'n' Rolla in the same year, yet looked completely different in this (weight loss, more hair, tan, etc, etc). They really have captured something here that you don't see enough of in spy films or dramas in general, nor in American films.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gamer

Only reason I watched it was because of Gerard Butler. Had some decent fighting and boob-flashing scenes but overall sucked ass imo.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Triangle: 8/10

Good psychological thriller.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
District 9 - as a sci-fi fan this was candy for me. i thought it was awsome!:D 8/10

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ wasn't a huge fan of the film. It was ok, and a different narrative style for this kind of film. Pretty shallow analogy as well, I mean set in South Africa, they might as well have had a character whos only role was to give a dead-pan-to-camera explanation of how racism and specism are very similar.

Serenity
I love this film, never get tired of it. We watched it again after recently seeing the Castle episode were Nathan Fillion dressed up as Mal again. Joss Wedon really should be annoyed at how poorly Firefly and Serenity were marketed.

Farenheit 451
I get the idea behind this film, and it was somewhat interesting, but people becoming books??? Just wouldn't happen as the book would becoming corrupted with time and generations, thus lose exactly what they were trying to keep.

Slaughterhouse 5
I must be a bit jaded by the nonsequential story telling motif. There really did seem to be something lacking in the way the character reacted and delt with his disjointment from time. Left me wondering if he was actually disjointed or just having continuous flashbacks (only clue that this wasn't the case was in the first scene), oh and the aliens that suddenly appear (although alluded to).

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Farenheit 451
I get the idea behind this film, and it was somewhat interesting, but people becoming books??? Just wouldn't happen as the book would becoming corrupted with time and generations, thus lose exactly what they were trying to keep.
Truffaut's first English-language film...and one of his worst to boot.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Truffaut's first English-language film...and one of his worst to boot.

The script did suffer, but it also missed the entire later section of the book and the consequences of the society without literature and the hope of renewal through those who survived.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ wasn't a huge fan of the film. It was ok, and a different narrative style for this kind of film. Pretty shallow analogy as well, I mean set in South Africa, they might as well have had a character whos only role was to give a dead-pan-to-camera explanation of how racism and specism are very similar.

good point tim, the racism/specism thing was pretty obvious.

the reason why i liked was that it was a bit different from other films. sort of a combination of a sci-fi and a political movie.

also i thought i action scenes were pretty good:headbang:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
New Line Top 100 coming soon.

WOOT! :turborun:

Recent films I've seen with ratings.
District 9
9/10 - I fucking loved this movie, awesome.

Wolverine: Origins
5/10 - a pretty weak film although enjoyable in parts. Being a Marvel fanboy I was appalled at their adaptation of Deadpool. Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber were the highlights.

GI Joe
0/10 - possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Public Enemy
7/10 - a good movie but nothing to write home about.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wolverine: Origins
5/10 - a pretty weak film although enjoyable in parts. Being a Marvel fanboy I was appalled at their adaptation of Deadpool. Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber were the highlights.

You'll be pleased to know that they are making a Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds. From what I've read Ryan is a huge Deadpool fan and wants to bring that to the screen.

Deadpool
On May 5, 2009, 4 days after the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, a spin-off for Ryan Reynolds' character Deadpool was greenlit, with Reynolds reprising his role and Lauren Shuler Donner producing. In an interview with Empire, Donner stated that she wants the Deadpool film to ignore the character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, "because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane". She also confirmed that Deadpool will have the attributes that the character has in the comics, such as breaking the fourth wall.[37]

But he is also doing Green Lantern in the same year:
In April 2009 it was reported that Warner Bros. has decided to shoot the film at Fox Studios in Sydney, Australia and was given a $150 million budget, however as of October 2009 it will no longer be filmed in Australia but has instead moved the majority of first unit filming to Louisiana. [8] It was announced in July 2009 that Ryan Reynolds had been cast as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.[9] The film is scheduled for a June 17, 2011 release.[10]

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dead & Breakfast

Low budget horror/comedy film that was quite good. In the classic "zombie siege" scene the possessed people start a Thriller style dance to a country rock ballad (with the basic lyrics being "we're coming to kill you!"). Ever Carradine has a classic moment being the last person alive in the siege and being overwhelmed by attackers. After taking care of a pile of them, more come through the door "Give me a break!". After tackling them with a chainsaw some then start coming at her from upstairs "You've got to be fucking kidding me!"

I hate horror films that aren't funny.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
saw The blind side

good movie 9/10

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Apocalypto

This was a really good movie and I wish I had seen it on the big screen. My only complaint would have been in the convenience of some of the plot motifs.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Suspect Zero

Interesting concept of a serial killer who had managed to be annonymous due to not following a pattern. Kinda ruined it though with the supernatural theme that involved the investigators though. Lacked tension and didn't feel as "real" as it needed to be to sell the plot. Another Ben Kingsley minor/supporting role too.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Mehvatar (Cameron, 2009)

Meh.