• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Your forgetting the epic product placement in the day the earth stood still.

I just tried to watch never surrender, which is a movie with the guys from the UFC in it. I could only sit through 10 minutes, everyting about it was just terrible in so many ways.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dilatedmuscle said:
Every Clint Eastwood film i've seen- 10/10

What can i say, They've all been pure gold, whether he acted in it directed it, or both. Even the movies that leave a bad taste in my mouth end up leaving nothing but good memories as i cant stop thinking about them and their awesomeness really sinks in a couple of days later (Unforgiven, Gran Torino, Million Dollar Baby)
I can now counter this statement with my latest movie viewing.

Pink Cadillac
Possibly the worst Clint Eastwood film ever made. Even Clint's acting was lame. Every shot felt like they were just rehearsing and everyone in it was C-grade acting fodder (which says a lot given his co-star's awards list on Broadway). When it was on as the late movie I recorded it for later viewing wondering why I wouldn't have previously seen it. Well now I know why I hadn't seen it: it sucked.

One redeeming moment: flasher approaches female character and says "What do you think of this?" to whit she retorts "It looks like a penis, only smaller."

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A Good Lawyer's Wife

Interesting Korean film exploring relationships and the need for sexual bonding within them. Well acted and put together.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Wrestler

Amazing film. I was just blown away by the brutal honesty and hard reality of the entire film. I wish I hadn't waited so long to see it, but at the same time there were moments that were painfull to watch. Very powerfull and moving.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jacobs' Ladder

This movie was way better then I expected! I really got into it. It was made in 1990, but it looks more like a film made in the early 80's... Not that there's anything wrong with that. 5/5 :)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^The one with Tim Robbins in it? Kinda lost me towards the end tbh.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Wrestler

Amazing film. I was just blown away by the brutal honesty and hard reality of the entire film. I wish I hadn't waited so long to see it, but at the same time there were moments that were painfull to watch. Very powerfull and moving.

I only just got this the other day too. Hopefully gonna watch it tonight.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Well worth it!

The Yellow House
This was a biopic about Paul Gauguin and Vincent van Gogh and the few short weeks they spent working together in "The Yellow House" in Arles. In those 9 weeks they created between them ~45 masterpieces.

I was flicking channels when I spotted this intense discussion of art. I immediately knew who John Simm was portraying (John Lynch playing Gauguin) without having any idea of what the story was or any names being mentioned. The two Johns had a fantastic and intense dynamic and it was amazing to watch. I am continuously amazed by how good an actor John Simm is and Lynch was a great counterpoint.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dumped by Sarah Marshall was on tv last night - that movie is halarious!

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Star Trek (2009)

I like it, was cool to see the old spoc again to.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
New Line Top 100 coming soon.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bender's Game - 8.5/10
I really love this movie...So friggin funny!

good news guys, Futurama is coming back in 2010!
:gaysign:

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Star Trek (2009)

I like it, was cool to see the old spoc again to.

Yeah I quite liked it too. I'm not a Star Trek fan (nor a Star Wars fan) but it surpassed my expectations. Bit too fucking loud though in the theatres. :(

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Waiting for Line's Top 100. Anticipation plus.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Men who stare at goats ~5.5/10

Funny, absent-minded narrative, little story, bordering on absurd.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brick - 7.5/10
Really great! Joseph Gordon-Levitt is amazing as always.

Watchmen - 8/10
One of the best comicbook movies ever! Jeffrey Dean Morgan stole the show.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JCVD
Loved this movie. Van-Damme showed he can actually act. I also thought this was a very European movie in that the ending wasn't definitively happy, yet fitted nicely with the themes and plot.

Hero
I've seen this a number of times, but this was the first time in HD. The colours and the detail just lept out at me. Still think this is one of the better epic asian sword films.

Twilight: New Moon
Ok the wife wanted to see this and I had a very long discussion about it afterwards. Basically this film is not a film. There are entire sections of the movie that are merely there to support a sequel, which is annoying when they seem to be starting a narrative or plot line that suddenly disappears for the rest of the movie. Characters appeared and then disappeared, most notably one of the central protagonists, often with little explanation, reasoning or justification. Just a few establishing shots or comments would have fixed this, but that "wouldn't have been true to the book!" I'm sorry but that is pathetic as the movie isn't made for book readers, it is made for movie goers, spend the extra time on making the movie stand-alone so that it actually makes sense.