• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've watched a fair few films recently, but none actually worth commenting on. I've made some really poor choices, including a few I didn't even make it through they were that bad (and have thus been stricken from my memory).

Bankok Dangerous
A remake of the Thai film, which I have also seen, by the same directors as the original. Yep it is full of cliches, but this was actually half decent as a film. The main trick is to ignore all the comparisons people want to make to the original. I actually thought that Cage brought something to this film I haven't seen him bring in a long time, despite the botox having turned his facial expressions off.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched Youth in Revolt today. It was suprisingly funny. It is without a doubt Michael Cera's best work (aside from Arrested Development).

Youth in Revolt (2009)

The movie got really bad reviews here in Denmark so I haven't been sure if it was worth seeing, but you would recommend it?

The A-Team: Without a doubt the worst movie I have seen in years.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ But it's THE A-TEAM!!!!

Given the source material it was never going to be anything other than a bit of actioner fun.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Given the source material it was never going to be anything other than a bit of actioner fun.
And yet I hear it doesn't even live up to those standards. Slant said, "It is, simply put, an ode to violence, but violence as imagined by 21st-century Hollywood."

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And yet I hear it doesn't even live up to those standards. Slant said, "It is, simply put, an ode to violence, but violence as imagined by 21st-century Hollywood."

:omgwtf:

That just ruins it for me. I was really looking forward to the plan coming together.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO i just noticed "Talk about all forms of todays entertainment except Twilight Saga as those movies suck."

Great lol... Some girl from my town photoshopped her face on Bella's face in multiple shots... its rediculous lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Inception (Nolan, 2010) - 5/10

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Line, Have you seen "The book of Eli"?

I kinda liked it

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I've heard it was a load of junk. Best review I've heard called it a passable action film with Gary Oldman stealing the show.

P

Pain

VIP
The Book of Eli is not a role Denzel is best suited for. I think someone like Vin Diesel or even Dwayne Johnson would of done that movie more justice.

It was a b movie with a movie actors. It made no sense.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
The Departed - I've now seen this movie a couple times, and I've enjoyed it each time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually went and watched Infernal Affairs again after seeing The Departed. I think that both movies are very good, but both had poor endings. In fairness though there wasn't actually that much difference between the original and the Hollywood version.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe yeah, the ending was a bit abrupt, but pretty appropriate.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hehe yeah, the ending was a bit abrupt, but pretty appropriate.

I was more referring to how Infernal Affairs had the shoot out and then the voice-over at the end, and The Departed had the final hitman scene. It would have been better if both kept with the shoot-out in the elevator.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe, I havn't seen Infernal Affairs, I can't really make a comparison.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ There is a few differences between the two films but not that much. Probably one of the few times that the original and remake can be viewed as equals.