• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
To be fair, the audience around me generally loved it, and I, myself, found it to be a fairly enjoyable experience. I just didn't get much out of it aside from a few laughs.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe, yeah thats all I got out of it. My rating was just in fun anyway.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Star Trek

The new one, watched on our new blueray player. Probably better the second time seeing it with our own unit in HD. Sound wasn't as overpowering as it was in the cinema and the action was better on the TV rather than the screen.

One of the few Star Trek films that wasn't boring (although I need to rewatch The Wrath of Khan). I also made the comment halfway through that they had more character development in half a film than the entire series has had thus far. Thoughts?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I also made the comment halfway through that they had more character development in half a film than the entire series has had thus far. Thoughts?
It's hard to say, as I'm not a follower of Star Trek in any way shape or form and, though I applaud Abram's efforts on taking the franchise in a more consciously-minded direction, I found what the film had to say about both friendship and fate to be pretty vacuous and generic. Then there's the plot holes more gaping than Taylor Rain's asshole...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's hard to say, as I'm not a follower of Star Trek in any way shape or form and, though I applaud Abram's efforts on taking the franchise in a more consciously-minded direction, I found what the film had to say about both friendship and fate to be pretty vacuous and generic. Then there's the plot holes more gaping than Taylor Rain's asshole...

Yeh. How does a mining ship manage to go from peaceful to warbird in a matter of minutes/hours? How does at least a day transpire or travel at warp mean that the Enterprise is still in the same system, yet it only takes a few more hours to travel to Earth..........

But then again I was never expecting, nor should we expect, profound moments in a Star Trek film. When viewed as a whole film it was good entertainment, despite its flaws. I also thought as a "blockbuster" it was one of the few to hit its mark in the big films of late (the other being Bond).

Oh and interesting fact: Taylor Rain started having anal sex before she had regular sex :borat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Batman 3 Probably Won't Be In 3D
By Eric Eisenberg: 2010-04-21 11:56:24

Batman 3 Probably Won't Be In 3D If you haven't already heard about it, there is an experiment currently happening in the film industry. Called "3D," filmmakers have begun using digital cameras that allows actors and actresses on screen to reach out and pickpocket the audience. Since James Cameron's Avatar, directors such as Bryan Singer, Guillermo Del Toro and Peter Jackson have all come out in support of the technology. But what about directors who recognize 3D as a fad? Enter Christopher Nolan.

Both Cinematical and AICN recently gathered quotes from The Dark Knight and regular Nolan cinematographer Wally Pfister about the possibility of the third Batman movie will be filmed in 3D. The short answer? Don't expect Batman's cape to be whipping you in the face anytime soon. When asked about the new technology if reference to the caped crusader, Pfister responded that both he and Nolan are "'devotees' of film" with a shared disinterest in the new dimension. He then went on to call 3D a distraction that's "great for like amusement park rides like the 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids' ride at Disneyland," and said that the "fad might pass by the time that summer comes around."

Harsh (but true) words from a great director of photography. The interview also suggests that he would be open to shooting the entire film in IMAX, but he also seemed fairly non-committal to the idea. There always remains the possibility that Warner Bros. will try and pressure the director into using 3D, but considering the second Batman film made $533 million without the additional cost of glasses and the fact that Nolan has essentially been put in charge of the DC Comics wing, it doesn't seem very likely.

I'm glad someone out there in movie land isn't going to compromise film-making for "cheap" thrills.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wally Pfister is still overrated.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I watched this film last night. It was really good and eye-opening.

The Most Dangerous Man in America

9isl78 1

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ninja Assassins

Cheesy, cliche, consternated, but it had ninjas in it so it absolutely rocked!!!!!!!

It was also good to see Ben Miles from Coupling in it.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kick-Ass

Everything was ok until the girl with extreme martial arts came and kicked asses of 10 guys while dodging every single bullet. The movie started out as it should have been. A guy with no powers trying to help others yet it still ended with the very same guy flying around with a jetpack and using dual-miniguns while floating in air and owning dozen of bad guys. Defendor was heaps better.

Ofcourse I can't forget mentioning Nicholas Cage's ''exellent'' voice acting.

AAAAHHH THE BEEEEES NOT THE BEEEEES

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Call me crazy, but I thought Kick-Ass was stupid.

Then again, I didn't watch the whole movie.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Call me crazy, but I thought Kick-Ass was stupid.

Then again, I didn't watch the whole movie.

You're right, it was stupid.

Shutter Island

Liked it.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Taken

It's so funny how always the last bad guy remaining can present the most resistance to the main character, resulting in a 5 minute fight scene.

After seeing this film I know now that Liam Neeson can beat Chuck Norris.

Good movie though. 8/10

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You don't get to be the boss by being a pussy. Plus the hero is usually a bit worn out by then too.

Beowulf

I almost want to say it was rubbish. But I made it all the way through, so it can't have sucked enough to make me give up on it. I can't think of a single redeeming feature of the film, other than it was better than watching a bunch of crap prime time sitcoms on TV (but that is like saying I'd like my left arm cut off instead of having my right cut off).