• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ It's got Ben Affleck in that movie. :hhj: I say save your money.

P

Pain

VIP
Paulie said:
^ It's got Ben Affleck in that movie. :hhj: I say save your money.

Ben Affleck stars in the best scene in the whole movie.

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Méthode naturelle said:
Don't it sucked . They showed the leading male more then the bond girls:gaygay:

I was disapointed to say the least:disgust:
I thought it was completely awesome. He is the hottest Bond.....the Bond girls are dumb broads. :e5dunno:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really should start watching some movies. I go 2 times TOPS a year, so most of the movies I see are on tv. The last 2 I've seen are Joe Somebody and The Terminal.

Maybe once school ends.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Banshee20 said:
I thought it was completely awesome. He is the hottest Bond.....the Bond girls are dumb broads. :e5dunno:

i must disagree Banshee...Pierce Brosnan was the hottest Bond :spy:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
Er. No.
It's got Jeremy Piven (who is in Entourage among other films and is quite amusing)
Ben Affleck
Ryan Reynolds
Ray Liotta among others

I wanna see it.
My bad, I was thinking of a poker movie that has Eric Banner in it.

Méthode naturelle

Méthode naturelle

Banshee20 said:

U must be female or :gaygay: ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
none of the the bonds have anything on "you the man now dog" Connery

E

EvilDumbell

German_Joe said:
none of the the bonds have anything on "you the man now dog" Connery

Agreed

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've seen Sean Connery shout "cunt". It was hilarious.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I saw Judd Apatow's (writer/director of The 40 Year Old Virgin) new film Knocked Up...

The movie opens with our male lead Ben Stone (Seth Rogen) partying, smoking pot, and other such examples of a slothenly lifestyle. He and his house mates are currently working on a website that provides its customers with the information necessary to find their favorite celebrities appearing nude in movies. As the credits continue to role, we also meet Allison Scott (Katherine Heigl), a production assistant for E! Television who currently lives with her sister Debbie (Leslie Mann) and husband Pete (Paul Rudd). Allison soon learns that the network wants to give her face time and to celebrate her and Debbie hit a local club where she meets Ben and his wannabe jack-of-all-trades roommate. While both hit on the girls Ben surprisingly (plot aside, just being realistic) has more success. As most viewers would have guessed gauging by the title of the movie, we soon see Allison and Ben leave together, as well as, the sex that follows, leading to, of course, her pregnancy. The rest of the film revolves around the all too familiar problems that ensue in a situation we’ve seen many times before.

While this is a more mature territory (from the standpoint of subject matter) in relation to The 40 Year-Old Virgin, Apatow struggles in finding a balance between his comedic and dramatic elements. The first act of the film, even leading up to the resulting argument when Ben learns of his bastard child, is the type of schlock humor we’d both expect and gladly accept. However, tonal problems arise when we begin shifting to what tempts higher-drama and prolongs such movements to the point where the transition back into comedy becomes almost unpleasant. There was an obvious sense of unease amongst the others in the auditorium because no one was certain how soon, if at all, the film would take a retreat back to a more serious tone. This is in stark contrast to Virgin which had a fairly uniform level of gleeful absurdity to it that worked well around even the more serious elements of the plot line.

The film was also longer than I expected it to run, which is not a negative thing at all but I feel much of the time could have been better spent. It’s a typical, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back, boy loses girl again story line, but so much time is invested in hashing out problems between the couple that not enough is left for the impending solutions to them. While the ending itself isn’t rushed it does come off as a bit forced and, like most of the character development, is underwhelming. Similarly, Apatow decides to bend to the current trend of the romantic comedy by placing (I believe) two developmental montages over key plot points and scenes that would make for interesting emotional arcs.

Overall, while there are some very funny and lewd moments (Ben and Paul taking shrooms in Vegas for one, and a reoccurring joke regarding a friend’s beard), the dialogue is not nearly as sharp or witty as we’d like and the more mature themes disallow other jokes from reaching their potential. This would likely make a much better “date movie” than most advertised comedies but, despite the happy ending, I’m not sure how many couples would leave the theater with a satisfied smile either and while it’s not quite as bipolar as last year’s The Family Stone but many of the same imbalances cause it to fail.

** (out of ****)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Have to say I do fancy giving it a watch. I don't expect to be blown away but should make for an amusing aside to one's evening.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just seen DEJA VU.. awesome flick.. id recommend it for sure.. didn't read previous posts. so forgive if this movie has been posted.

P

Pain

VIP
Off to watch a Lineski recomendation, The Constant Gardener.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched about 1 1/2 hours of Die Hard and finally fell asleep. It was like 12:30 when we started the movie and I tryed really hard to stay awake... from what I saw of the movie, it was awesome. :xyxthumbs:

Now I have to finish that last half hour, Damn! Its ok, my dad owns the trilogy i think.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just finished watching Gladiator. Excellent movie :xyxthumbs: I was close to crying at the end :e5dunno: Did Maximus die or what? Im gonna say yes, thats why the black guy buried the little people figures.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Paulie said:
Just finished watching Gladiator. Excellent movie :xyxthumbs: I was close to crying at the end :e5dunno: Did Maximus die or what? Im gonna say yes, thats why the black guy buried the little people figures.

Yep, he be dead.

There has been talk of Ridley and Russell doing another Gladiator -. Can't remember how Russell's character was gonna be in it, whether it was gonna be a pre-quel or if he was gonna be in dream sequences. Can't see it happening though.