• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Traffic should have won best picture instead of Gladiator in 2001.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
any grown man who breaks a tear during Gladiator is a faggot :no:

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
anyone seen pathfinder yet? or going to?

it looks sweet, wanted to see it over weekend but plans feel through :'(

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:

Yeah. Real men cry when watching 'Titanic'.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:

:49: Good thing I didnt break a tear then. It was really sad, but I seriously wasnt close to crying, thats just stupid.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just saw Aqua teen hunger force colon movie
very fucked up intro to the movie
very...

before the movie
there was a music video
talking bout what they (AS) would do if they found
their movie on the net and shit
very disturbing lol but funny :D

i give the movie a 1000000000000 out of 10

Méthode naturelle

Méthode naturelle

Tweak said:

You turn into a bundle of sticks and branches bound together.

Kids don't take acid and watch the gladiator:hhj: :hsughr:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Méthode naturelle said:

Kids don't take acid and watch the gladiator:hhj: :hsughr:

Er, yeah. What he said.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Méthode naturelle said:
This joke was funny when I was in 3rd grade...wait, no it wasn't.

Anyways, I've recently purchased Marie Antoinette and The Philadelphia Story, the latter I actually have not seen before. In other news, my local theater finally got Lynch's new film Inland Empire which I will be seeing at 4 o'clock today.

Here are some brief thoughts (I promise, brief) on what I've seen the past two days...

Brazil (Gilliam, 1985) **** - An incredible look into an Orwellian civilization where everyday man and dreamer Sam Lowry struggles as a droll worker for one of the ever-confusing branches of The Ministry of Information. Gilliam creates a sumptuous yet eerie visual feast about a country so devoted to absolute power, corruption, and paranoia that its people are left helpless in understanding or shaping their own government. The ending is also one of the rare gems that come along that leave you in disbelief, only to softly mutter "wow" to yourself.

In the Company of Men (LaBute, 1997) **** - One of the most daringly brutal character studies you will ever see on screen, let alone in a purported comedy. Aaron Eckhart excels as he and business pal Howard scheme to both date a woman for six weeks during a business reassignment before breaking her heart and ruining her life. It's a rare film in the sense that screenwriter/director LaBute seemingly allows the events to unfold, keeping the camera rolling no matter how awkward or painful a scene becomes. The lack of clichés and makes the characters not only believable, but almost real as if we're watching their lives and not a mere film.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Méthode naturelle

Méthode naturelle

Line said:
This joke was funny when I was in 3rd grade...wait, no it wasn't.
Capt%20Obvious%20Competition%20400.jpg

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
^^ Try and keep this thread on the subject of films.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't watched a film for days.

I'm slacking.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
I haven't watched a film for days.

I'm slacking.
I saw INLAND EMPIRE yesterday in theaters and I really can't say if it was good or not as of yet. While I enjoyed the movie it's so complex and intricate (even for Lynch) that I'm going to an all but mandatory second viewing sometime within the next few days because most of it went right over my head; not an easy task.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
I saw INLAND EMPIRE yesterday in theaters and I really can't say if it was good or not as of yet. While I enjoyed the movie it's so complex and intricate (even for Lynch) that I'm going to an all but mandatory second viewing sometime within the next few days because most of it went right over my head; not an easy task.

Stupidhead. :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line said:
Your feeble British mind would stand even less of a chance :yarly:

Ah, a your dick is smaller than mine rebuke! :)

Your're not wrong though (the feeble mind, not the dick bit), I'm still trying to work out what the hell "Dude where's my car?" was about.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just finished watching 'A Scanner Darkly' based on the Philip K. Dick book. Was good. Not amazing. Not the most fulfilling of films but stylistically it suited the material perfectly. The rortoscoping lent itself to the fucked up world they were inhabiting and allowed for effects that would have looked wrong if done in usual manner, the performances also hammed it up a little to lend themselves to the cartoon effect of the drug adled world they lived in. Worth a watch.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I started watching The Silence of the Lambs on Sunday night and watched about half of it. Im very interested in it and the story is great. Too bad it takes me like a week to finish watching a movie :49: Im so busy.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
Just finished watching 'A Scanner Darkly' based on the Philip K. Dick book. Was good. Not amazing. Not the most fulfilling of films...
If you have time, watch it again.