• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
watched two movies:

Four Brothers- good movie, had it's good action scenes. the story and acting were okay.

The Night Listener- liked the story and concept but it fell short. too short and doesn't answer questions.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Rocky said:
I think it will be typical Michael Bay - but with material like 'The Transformers' it will probably be wholly appropriate to his mega over the top stunt and FX extravaganzas!
Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies?
I guess Pearl Harbor sucked...
Just a little bit more than I miss you...

Flex said:
"Pirates: At Worlds End" was OKAY.
Agreed. Much much better than the second one, though that's not hard to do.

The movie tied up all the loose ends from the second movie, although it leaves room for another movie because you don't really want the ending to be the ending.

As for what makes it ok...this one was slightly more plausible in its implausibility. It had problems and plotholes, but nothing severely gaping that just makes you wonder "WHY???" for the entire movie. At least there was no swordfight on top of a waterwheel for 5 miles :no: U was able to maintain a willing suspension of disbelief most of the time.

Much too dramatic at times, though. There were too many speeches that worked.

"Kyle! I said no stuipd speeches!"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ But did Jack Davenport actually get anything to do this time? In the second film he had the most interesting character and the least screen time. Keira polled second on that list!

Apparently Orlando "One Look" Bloom and Johnny Depp are the stars rather than the importance being placed on the movie.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just got back from "Pirates: At Worlds End"

I havent seen the first one or even the second one. So I dont know why I decided to go see the 3rd. :e5dunno: I cant really compare the 3 until I see those first 2.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty good. It was a little long... there were a few scenes in the middle and beginning they could have taken out. Johnny Depps part was pretty awesome :49: He created most of the humor in that movie. The other humor that was mostly brought up between that little group of pirates was actually pretty lame. I didnt find the humor in their jokes. :e5dunno: Even though it was longer that I wanted, when it got to the end I just forgot about the parts that drug on to much. The battle at the end was good, so it all kind of evened out. Cho yun fat's or whatever his name is, his part pretty much sucked :49: /acting failure. It left room for a 4th one, so we will have to see if the saga continues.

Id give it a solild 7.2 out of 10. :food-snacking:

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
^^ You probably didn't get a lot of the jokes because they've been running since the first one.

Tim: No...Norrington was pretty much a worthless character.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ That's pathetic!! I seriously think that he should have had a much larger role. His story arc was far more interesting and well portrayed than the other bigger names.

Oh well. Guess I'll leave it till the video store has it in. At 168mins and "overlong" I'll give it a miss till then. I had my fingers burnt once this year already with Spiderman 3.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Yeah was thinking the same thing. Has no-one watched any films lately?

I watched 'The Royal Tenenbaums' again the other night. Liked it more this time around. Still laugh when Danny Glover falls into a trench.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rocky said:
^Yeah was thinking the same thing. Has no-one watched any films lately?
I watched something like 18 films for the first time in the first half of March and have watched one since.

The Namesake (Nair, 2007) - Kal Penn puts aside his schlock comedy films and stars in a movie about self-identity and tradition when he finds his name was chosen as the reminder what followed a tragic event in his father's past. While it's an interesting premise and is well paced and acted, the movie doesn't really involve its audience and the unimaginative camera work and direction leave it a bit stale. Still worth checking out as a refreshing change of pace in an abysmal summer.

**1/2 (out of ****)

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This thread is kind of dying :uhoh2:

I just downloaded Children of Men and American History X Ill be watching those 2 in the future and will have reviews.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Nice work. Both good films.

I finally got round to buying Pan's Labyrinth and Superman Returns today.

I've been watching a couple of films I've seen before past couple of nights (a rarity for me - I've always got new ones to watch so never get to see ones I've seen more than once)

Watched 'Naked Gun 2 1/2, Dead End, Borat, and 'The Eye 2'.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Superman Returns is good, but didnt put out what I had expected :e5dunno:

I started watching Pans Labyrinth a couple weeks ago, but fell asleep during parts of the movie :disgust: (it was like 2 in the morning)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Disgraceful Paulie, disgraceful.

Watched 'Constantine' again last night. Don't mind that film. Bit slow in places and don't know how it holds up against the comic bnook (which is normally these films greatest criticism).

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The first time I watched Constantine I thought it sucked, the second time it was ok.

Watched The Departed and The Prestige this week. The Departed was gritty and I enjoyed it, but overlong. Really really long. The Prestige lacked something, can't figure it out, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as would be expected from Bale/Johansen/Jackman/Nolan. Plus I had the "twist" figured out long before they started hinting at it.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched The Blues Brothers the other night. Throughout the entire moving I was just thinking "WTF?" but then at the end, I was like, "that....was awesome."

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Most people at the time of release thought "WTF" with the Blues Brothers but since gained cult status. It's quality - completely stupid but quality.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The new Indiana Jones film won't have Sean Connery in it - he's retired from acting. :tear:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rocky said:
The new Indiana Jones film won't have Sean Connery in it - he's retired from acting. :tear:

I guess he's running for President of Earth at this point, and I'd vote for him. Sucks to hear though:tear:

So I guess I'll return and report on 28 Weeks Later, seeing as how I had a number of excited/dumb posts concerning it in this thread...when I get back from a side job later tonight.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Norrington was robbed.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Has anyone seen Hostle 2?

I Watched it this week, but i thought it wasn't as good as the first one,
i also watched 28 weeks later, but it wasn't a great copy so i couldnt really say what i thought about it, will have to wait for a better copy to come out