• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: Official Film Discussion Thread

I seen quite a few movies the past week....

Ill review these Line's style :hsughr:

Children of Men (2006) - Didnt know what to expect, and didnt know a whole lot about the film. Line got me interested, so I had to check it out. It was really good, I liked the whole story, very original. I felt like I was part of the film, but was also a little confused as to what was going on a couple times.
****1/2 out of *****

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) - Was pretty dissapointed with this movie. I was actually expecting alot more out of this, what was I thinking? It left me wondering about a whole lot of things, and it didnt tie up to the first one. It was full of action though, and a bit humorous. I think they were trying to make it for kids, and kids only. :disgust:
** out of *****

A History of Violence (2005) - I had to give this a second watch because the first time I didnt really like it. So I watched it again, and did like it quite a bit more. It was very violent :skurred: and the random sex scene on the stairs was odd :hhj:
**** out of *****

Ghost Rider (2007) - Decent film, but dull. Dull as shit. But i'm not surprised, most of Nicholas Cage's movies are boring.
**1/2 out of *****

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Nik Cage really has made some poor choices over the later part of his career.

I watched Smokin Aces - I liked it.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Am I and a few other people the only one's that watch movies around here?? :hhj: Everytime this thread is at the bottom.

I just finished watching Derailed... Clive Owen, Jennifer Aniston... that one. I need to think about this one and gather my thoughts together on it, and ill be back with a review later.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I watched DemonLover the other night. Connie Neilsen (the one shagging Lars Ulrich of Metallica) is the central character and ends up in a pretty bad situation.

Interesting film, but lacked cohesive story telling in the latter part of the film. Done in that sparse European style, and is mostly in French. Cloe Suvigny (sp?) is in it too, and I was impressed with her French language skills.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i watched Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer today, it was an okay movie tho better then the second film of theirs

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Connie Neilsen (the one shagging Lars Ulrich of Metallica)

Is she? Apart from being Ginger she's not too shabby.

Where's the justice.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The New Batsuit from Batman:The Dark Knight:

batsuitnew.jpg

P

Pain

VIP

No nipples?

Post pics of the joker.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anybody else watching AFI's top 100 films from the past 100 years?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Anybody else watching AFI's top 100 films from the past 100 years?
I watched it but missed the first 25 or so. I'll post up some thoughts tomorrow though.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got a proper version of Rocky Balboa today.

And The Return, and Babel - yes I am aware which is the slightly better film of those 2...

Return of the turnip!

Return of the turnip!

Apocolipto was good as well surprising for a subs film

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I loved Apocolypto:e5dunno:

Renting Letters today as well:hsughr:

Oh, and good call on Aces, Rocky; there were some things I could've done without, but I found it to be extremely enjoyable nonetheless.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Letters From Iwo Jima was pretty good but to be honest I was left underwhelmed as a whole from Eastwood's two opposite-perspective films. I enjoyed the direction and cinematography in Letters, particularly how the camera was much like the flinching eye of a Japanese (or any) soldier but I feel it earned much of its praises as a result of it being an American director doing a Japanese film. It earned an honorable mention in my 2006 series.

I'd recommend Shortbus to any film lover with an open mind as far as 2006 films go.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i watched fantastic 4 yesterday...horrible movie, completley ruined the Silver Surfer :no:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I finished watching Derailed the other night... I gathered my thoughts. :gaygay:

Although it was a pretty decent film... I didn't really like Aniston's character, or even her acting. She should just stick to TV cause I cant really take her serious. :e5dunno: Clive Owen did a nice job with his part :xyxthumbs: I also thought the plot was a little shaky (sp?)... it just didnt deliver as strongly as it could have.

My rating: *** out of *****

Im probably being too kind with the 3 stars. :49: Oh well