• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the record Sean Connery>Daniel Craig>every other Bond.

^^Fact.

Sean Connery > Carbon.

It's science.

Still doesn't change the fact that he was a seriously hairy beast though. Watched You Only Live Twice(personal favorite for sure) the other day, and I'd actually forgotten about that particular trait.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Watched Gladiator again tonight. It was probably 10x better the second time around, and the first time around I thought it was really good. The film probably has one of the best soundtracks i've ever heard, and the music is what really puts the mood into the scenes. Russell Crowe did a brilliant job, and even Joquain Phoenix, he's one hell of an actor. :xyxthumbs:

For the record...

Gladiator
> Braveheart :food-snacking:
Gladiator is so overrated it's not even funny. I'm not saying it's bad but I'll repeat for the nth time that Traffic was the far better film that year and deserved best picture. It basically got it's votes split because Soderbergh also directed Erin Brockovich which was another best picture nominee so Gladiator stepped in and won. I'd say it's the worst BP winner in the past 10 years but it has A Beautiful Mind, Crash, and LOTR to contend with.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saw Transformers at the cinema yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it was well worth seeing, especially on the big screen.

Because it was enjoyable I was able to overlook the many inconsistencies (4m long car turns into 15m tall robot.......) and the occassional crappy dialogue after moments of good dialogue ("Didn't you try out for the football team?" "No I was doing research for a paper I'm writing on brain damage in football players, you and your friends may find it interesting.").

Also re-watched Shawshank again last night, still one of the best films ever.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gladiator is so overrated it's not even funny. I'm not saying it's bad but I'll repeat for the nth time that Traffic was the far better film that year and deserved best picture. It basically got it's votes split because Soderbergh also directed Erin Brockovich which was another best picture nominee so Gladiator stepped in and won. I'd say it's the worst BP winner in the past 10 years but it has A Beautiful Mind, Crash, and LOTR to contend with.

Ill make sure to see Traffic sometime very soon. Then ill be able to agree or disagree with you. I cant argue with you right now.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Ill make sure to see Traffic sometime very soon. Then ill be able to agree or disagree with you. I cant argue with you right now.
If you don't agree with me you're wrong. :e5dunno:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you don't agree with me you're wrong. :e5dunno:

It's very likely that I will agree with you. Traffic probably did get robbed. Soderbergh has made some better movies than Ridley, by far.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's very likely that I will agree with you. Traffic probably did get robbed. Soderbergh has made some better movies than Ridley, by far.

Alien?
Blade Runner?
Black Hawk Down?

Thank you.

Soderburgh has made some not so good ones:

Solaris and Oceans 12 for a start.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Soderburgh has made some not so good ones:

Solaris...
You missed the mark here, big time. Especially when you could have listed The Good German instead. I'm not going to compare Soderbergh's Solaris to Tarkovsky's Solyaris because that's just silly but it's still a phenomenal remake and a much better film than it's given credit for.

Also, don't forget that Ridley Scott was responsible for such gems as: A Good Year, Kingdom of Heaven, Hannibal, and GI Jane.

Spike

Spike

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched one of my favorite movies last night The Crow with Brandon Lee.

P

Pain

VIP
I'm going to watch Grindhouse tonight. 3.5 hour double feature. woot.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm going to watch Grindhouse tonight. 3.5 hour double feature. woot.
It's good not great. I'm still deciding whether I want to rate the movies as a whole or separately.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you guys are starting to take all the fun out of watching movies :disgust:

cant you just sit down and watch a movie without having to disect it piece for piece? :e5dunno:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's good not great. I'm still deciding whether I want to rate the movies as a whole or separately.

I would do them separately. Planet Terror kind of ruined it for me, it wasn't bad, but just wasn't as good as expected. I really liked Death Proof, and if they sell the DVD's separately, thats fine with me. Tarantino's part of the film deserves more credit than it should if it were rated overall.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They are releasing them seperately over here, both at the cinema and on DVD.
Money grabbing wankers.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

then your too high strung. Is the word "relax" in your vocabulary?

stop thinking so much and enjoy a movie for once :no:

I'm going to see Hairspray this week :spy:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You missed the mark here, big time. Especially when you could have listed The Good German instead. I'm not going to compare Soderbergh's Solaris to Tarkovsky's Solyaris because that's just silly but it's still a phenomenal remake and a much better film than it's given credit for.

Also, don't forget that Ridley Scott was responsible for such gems as: A Good Year, Kingdom of Heaven, Hannibal, and GI Jane.

I haven't seen the Good German so didn't want to put it in there off the back of other peoples opinions. And Solaris really isn't that good. Regardless of the fact it doesn't compare to the original.

And yes, I know Scott has done some clinkers but my point was when he's good...he's good! :)

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm going to see Hairspray this week :spy:

And after you'd just said about "enjoying" a movie. :no:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

Or I see film as a form of art and enjoy dissecting them in order to get more intellectual stimulation out of it. If understanding it on more levels and, therefore, getting more out of a movie means criticizing and looking deeper into it then I'll do it. I've seen what films can be; the genius behind some auteurs, so no, I'm not just going to sit back and turn off my brain unless the realization of that film calls for me to do so.
And after you'd just said about "enjoying" a movie. :no:
Hairspray got fantastic reviews, I'm open-minded enough to take it in.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or I see film as a form of art and enjoy dissecting them in order to get more intellectual stimulation out of it. If understanding it on more levels and, therefore, getting more out of a movie means criticizing and looking deeper into it then I'll do it. I've seen what films can be; the genius behind some auteurs, so no, I'm not just going to sit back and turn off my brain unless the realization of that film calls for me to do so.

Hairspray got fantastic reviews, I'm open-minded enough to take it in.

you read reviews before you watch the movie? :eek5nono:

Do you ever ignore the reviews, go into a movie fresh so your not biased at all?