• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you read reviews before you watch the movie? :eek5nono:

Do you ever ignore the reviews, go into a movie fresh so your not biased at all?

To be honest a review has never ever swayed my opinion on whether to see a film or whether I've liked it. It's all opinion.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Do you ever ignore the reviews, go into a movie fresh so your not biased at all?

I never look at the reviews before I see a movie, its all my opinion and nothing biased. Then after I've decided what I thought, then ill compare my reviews to others.

But what Line said, I do break down the film into categories and rate them like that, then bring it all together. It helps me understand a whole lot more, and get a much better picture of the film.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP

Every piece of knowledge about a film creates bias. Whether it's a sequel from a previous film you've liked, or has your favorite actors, or even if it's written/director by your favorite filmmakers, all of this is going to influence you. I judge movies more objectively than anyone I know, I basically use borderline review ratings to decide what movies to see because there are too many films out there that are bad to bother with them all.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
The Simpsons Movie - While the film doesn't do justice to any of the golden-day episodes of The Simpsons, it plays much like episodes from seasons 9 and 10; the jokes are more cartoony than usual but they work. Here the characters, as they've become in the show, have fallen into a bit more of an imitation of themselves but, in the end, the film does deliver on comedy and the jokes that fail don't drag on too long. While it's not nearly as epic as it could be (it's no South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut), I'd call it a fair modern day interpretation of one of the greatest shows to grace the air. While I still feel that those behind seasons 2-8 deserve better, I left feeling satisfied enough to calm the strong unease I went into my viewing with.

On the topic of complaints, I will say that the majority come from things that the older episodes never would have done. Marge saying "goddamn", characters being introduced just for the sake of including them, Albert Brooks reusing the voice of a male gym teacher from a recent episode in his depiction of Russ Cargill (when they could have brought back Hank Scorpio instead), etc. The animation is different and crisp, yet at times a bit awkward but it's a suiting fit for the big screen. In the end, the plot holds up decent enough to make the trip worth taking.

*** (out of ****)

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I should download it then Line?

On an unrelated topic, was anyone else pissed off by Chasing amy?

P

Pain

VIP
A good quality simpsons movie download won't be out for a few weeks.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So I should download it then Line?

On an unrelated topic, was anyone else pissed off by Chasing amy?
Pay to see it. You owe it to the show.

And to answer your second question, no, Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith's best film.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pay to see it. You owe it to the show.

And to answer your second question, no, Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith's best film.
Your first response, your right, I will pay, I've watched it my whole live, your right.

Your second response, are you blind? You don't see the slutry in it?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Your first response, your right, I will pay, I've watched it my whole live, your right.

Your second response, are you blind? You don't see the slutry in it?
Slutry? :uhoh2:

What do you think Kevin Smith's best film is? And for the love of God I will strangle you if you say Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks, Clerks II, Mallrats, or Jersey Girl. In fact, Chasing Amy and Dogma are pretty much the only two viable answers here.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Slutry? :uhoh2:

What do you think Kevin Smith's best film is? And for the love of God I will strangle you if you say Jay and Silent Bob Strike Backl
:bowroflarms::bowroflarms: Dude your making me lol with that, nice work :xyxthumbs:

Jay and silent bob is funny, but it's not a great movie. Frankly, all of Kevin Smith's movies are just funny without being great, even Chasing Amy was funny in some parts, but to say it was the best of his movies just because it seemed emotional is just stupid. Chasing Amy really pissed me off, you know why? Because the slut won. The movie equaled, slut fucks a lot of guys, slut tries to forget about it by "being" a lesbian, slut "falls in love" with a guy, Guy finds out that slut is, infact, a massive slut. Slut tries to turn it around and blame it on the guy! It seems like Kevin Smith's wife directed it instead of him.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Chesty, if you're feeling depraved because the slut won I suggest you rent/find/watch In the Company of Men (LaBute, 1997) immediately.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chesty, if you're feeling depraved because the slut won I suggest you rent/find/watch In the Company of Men (LaBute, 1997) immediately.
Will it make me happy?

And honestly, can you see where I'm coming from?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just watched Identity. I'm really glad it was only 90 minutes, anything more like 100-110 minutes, it would have pissed me off. I just felt kind of annoyed about the whole story, and all the characters. There was too much occurring. But I liked the visuals in this film like the woman getting hit by the car, the man running over the womans husband, the explosion in the motel, etc. Also, I think James Mangold did fairly well in directing.

**1/2 out of *****

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I just watched Identity. I'm really glad it was only 90 minutes, anything more like 100-110 minutes, it would have pissed me off. I just felt kind of annoyed about the whole story, and all the characters. There was too much occurring. But I liked the visuals in this film like the woman getting hit by the car, the man running over the womans husband, the explosion in the motel, etc. Also, I think James Mangold did fairly well in directing.

**1/2 out of *****
Mangold has a good eye behind the lense (his skills were highly under appreciated in Walk the Line) but Identity was over-acted, over-dramatized, and overly-predictable. The first time I saw the trailer was during a viewing of Adaptation. and I thought it was a joke because I knew that my feature film did contain commentary on contemporary Hollywood writing; seeing the movie itself did not relieve of this original thought.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mangold has a good eye behind the lense (his skills were highly under appreciated in Walk the Line) but Identity was over-acted, over-dramatized, and overly-predictable. The first time I saw the trailer was during a viewing of Adaptation. and I thought it was a joke because I knew that my feature film did contain commentary on contemporary Hollywood writing; seeing the movie itself did not relieve of this original thought.

over-acting, over-dramatized, and overly-predictable is a very good way to put it. I bought the DVD for $3, I figured i'd give it a watch after seeing 1408 (which was a film I enjoyed a lot more than this one). I still need to see Walk the Line also, thanks for reminding me.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I liked Identity.

I thought I posted the I am Legend Trailer a few weeks back. Oh well, it does look good though.