• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually liked Under Seige, but probably because it was one of the first rated R movies i'd ever seen.

Watched the workprint of the new Halloween yesterday. The first half is better than average with several flaws, while the second half is not good at all in my opinion. The acting is bad, the character development for the 2nd half is TERRIBLE, I felt the girl playing Laurie Strode was AWFUL, and there was too much gore while severely lacking suspense.

5.5/10

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Epic Movie and THHE2 ftw.

Epic Movie came out in 2006 though. I haven't seen THHE2.

EDIT: Nevermind, both of them came out in 2007. Let's just say all 3 films are really bad.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Halloween was alright; it was overly acted by a lot.
No, it was atrocious. It went against every curious mystique that enveloped the original Michael Myers and reduced him to a byproduct of a dysfunctional childhood, in which Zombie set up to be overly offensive. I'm not one to be offended by language in films but his script was one of the worst of the year and a lot of it stemmed from the so-called development of the young Myers. Later in the film we get no explanation as to why our killer has transformed into a 6'10", 280 lbs monster who, by what he demonstrates in the film, is easily the strongest man on earth. Another flaw demonstrated by the back story is we are given no explanation as to how he is able to survive stabbings, shootings, etc...which we've seen him suffer through in prior films (as well as this one) but making him a 100% bonafide demented human these antics appear silly without the supernatural aura surrounding him.

The violence is a disaster with the effects themselves lacking and the Director of Photography not putting in a single worthwhile shot into this monument of wasted celluloid. Horror and suspense were also completely absent as the usually lurking Myers now doesn't appear as eerie because he's lost that ominous, stalking presence that we all expect from him. Now his victims are obvious and there personal finales' are as such as well. It's not the worst film I've seen in 2007 but it's arguably the stupidest.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well with that glowing review I'll be sure to rush to my local cineplex.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, it was atrocious. It went against every curious mystique that enveloped the original Michael Myers and reduced him to a byproduct of a dysfunctional childhood, in which Zombie set up to be overly offensive. I'm not one to be offended by language in films but his script was one of the worst of the year and a lot of it stemmed from the so-called development of the young Myers. Later in the film we get no explanation as to why our killer has transformed into a 6'10", 280 lbs monster who, by what he demonstrates in the film, is easily the strongest man on earth. Another flaw demonstrated by the back story is we are given no explanation as to how he is able to survive stabbings, shootings, etc...which we've seen him suffer through in prior films (as well as this one) but making him a 100% bonafide demented human these antics appear silly without the supernatural aura surrounding him.

The violence is a disaster with the effects themselves lacking and the Director of Photography not putting in a single worthwhile shot into this monument of wasted celluloid. Horror and suspense were also completely absent as the usually lurking Myers now doesn't appear as eerie because he's lost that ominous, stalking presence that we all expect from him. Now his victims are obvious and there personal finales' are as such as well. It's not the worst film I've seen in 2007 but it's arguably the stupidest.

I tried really hard to overlook all the mistakes while viewing the film. I guess I better just give up on Zombie. :tear:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Due to the agreement with Ria of watching all our films in alphabetical order we had to watch 'Alone in the Dark' again. My God Uwe Boll sucks.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I've been avoided that motherfucker like the plague.

P

Pain

VIP
I've heard his(Uwe Boll) new movie Postal is actually suppose to be very good. I havn't seen anything of it though.

Postal is a video game btw.

EDIT: Found a trailer on youtube.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
That looks absolutely terrible.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Could someone give me a brief review of Saving Private Ryan? I talked to like 3 different people I know, and they all didn't like this film. It's directed by Spielberg, it won 5 Academy Awards, and Tom Hanks stars in it. How did they not like it? I hope it's good, I purchased for $10 the other day. I'm building a supreme DVD collection, muahaha.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Watch it. It's good. I'd recommend watching it without distractions though, particularly during the first 15 minutes. And turn your sound up.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watch it. It's good. I'd recommend watching it without distractions though, particularly during the first 15 minutes. And turn your sound up.

I always lock the door in my room. Not distractions ever.

P

Pain

VIP
Could someone give me a brief review of Saving Private Ryan? I talked to like 3 different people I know, and they all didn't like this film. It's directed by Spielberg, it won 5 Academy Awards, and Tom Hanks stars in it. How did they not like it? I hope it's good, I purchased for $10 the other day. I'm building a supreme DVD collection, muahaha.

WW2 veterans can't watch it. It's just too terrifying for them. I have it on VHS and DVD. If you like it, get the whole Band of Brothers series.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got SPR and Band of Brothers. Both are excellent. The opening scene on SPR is unreal. But that said the final battle is equally as impressive but always seems to be forgotten about because of the visceral beginning.

P

Pain

VIP
I got SPR and Band of Brothers. Both are excellent. The opening scene on SPR is unreal. But that said the final battle is equally as impressive but always seems to be forgotten about because of the visceral beginning.

I liked the end battle more than the first. By the end we knew the characters and what they were doing. It was all nicely set up.

It's funny how there hasn't been much ww2 movies out since SPR. Well, not any good ones anyway. Have you seen The Longest Day ? Another good war movie.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have not. To be honest I'm not a great fan of war movies generally. I wonder if Tarantino will ever do his WW2 film "Inglorious Bastards" - that could be interesting.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I have high hopes but QT really needs to redeem himself for Death Proof.

Reservoir Dogs - ***1/2
Pulp Fiction - **** (in my top 25)
Jackie Brown - ****
Kill Bill Vol. 1 - ****
Kill Bill Vol. 2 - **** (in my top 50)
Death Proof - **1/2

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Speaking of Death Proof, the directors cut is being bandied about at the mo with an extra 23 mins of footage which was originally aired at Cannes. Cash cow due to poor performance first time round anyone?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Speaking of Death Proof, the directors cut is being bandied about at the mo with an extra 23 mins of footage which was originally aired at Cannes. Cash cow due to poor performance first time round anyone?
Yes and no. I think Tarantino had time constraints to deal with because of the already staggering running length of Grindhouse. Still, based on the script and what I've seen from the original cut, my hopes wouldn't be much higher. The only thing they could possibly include is more dialogue because there's no need to expand on the back story of Stuntman Mike, nor is it feasible to just show him offing other girls. I believe this version is available online already and I will not be downloading it.