• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope NCFOM is good!

I've actually never watched any Von Trier. Let me know what it's like.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I enjoyed Manderlay thoroughly though it's not nearly on the same level as Dogville, at least in its incorporation of minimalist aesthetics. While it follows a similar narrative path and tone it was refreshing that Von Trier avoided what seemed would be unavoidable coincidences and turns that the viewer expects. Not quite as good as a whole because it doesn't feel nearly as fresh but still worth checking out.

I really need to watch Dancer in the Dark which I have downloaded and I hear that Breaking the Waves is a must as well.

P

Pain

VIP
So i watched The City of Lost Children this morning.

:weaksuace:

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Harsh Times is fuckin awesome, go rent it motherfuckers!:turborun:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^It was alright but I could not shake the fact that Christian Bale was almost like a caricature and couldn't take him seriously.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^It was alright but I could not shake the fact that Christian Bale was almost like a caricature and couldn't take him seriously.

i had to look up caricature up at wiki, i had no idea wtf it is.:dunnodude:

anyways i love the part when he goes psycho in his car

keep in mid this guy is a cop:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Dancer in the Dark - A harrowing, mesmerizing tale of an early-30's Czech immigrant who lives in a trailer with her son; both of which are going blind but especially the mother Selma (played incredibly well by Bjork of all people). She realizes that her son too has been inflicted with the same optical illness and has been saving the pittance of a salary she gets in order to pay for surgery to repair her son's eyes. It's a film of sacrifice, love, longing, and torture as simple, sweet-natured Selma is put through a gauntlet-like onslaught of manipulation by all those surrounding her due to her naivity and hope. Throughout it all, as her vision worsens she day dreams of sound and music and surprisingly fitting and well choreographed musical numbers erupt onscreen in lush colors in comparison to the Von Trier's usual weapon of choice of hand held digital video. The result is a fresh, yet extremely gripping film through which, if you know Von Trier you know he won't let it end well yet the viewer is in a constant struggle to see young Selma receive justice in what was merely her pursuit of what she considered the greater good.

**** (out of ****) and a possible top 100 candidate.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know that this is likely coming a little late to the table, but seeing as how my schedule sucks I guess it's no surprise.

Children of Men = incredible. I felt the general permise was (blessedly) original, and the bleak-to-say-the-least portrayl of the future was masterfully done. Clive Owen was excellent, but that's hardly a surprise considering his past work. The insanely-martial backdrop of Britian 'surviving' was extremely interesting; the parallels to past regimes' (and current nations)attitudes of nativism made for a chilling portrayl of man's inhumanity to man. I personally would've liked to have a little more detail on how the rest of the world took a dive, but the pseudo-mystery of it definitely heightened the the setting's gravity.

I was neutral going into this film, but I can't help but feel it was simply amazing after having seen it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Alien/Predator hybrid from the new film:

Yeeshbr9 1

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^The preview has that film looking not too shabby. The first was such a joke that I can't help but feel the second will please more.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched probably 1/2 of Slither tonight. Let's just say I probably wont be finishing the rest of it.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you lready for the Mummy 3?

48a97c9d 1

A43f341c 1

94386db1 1

BTW,
I found a promo DVD cover for the never released Batman Triumphant.
When i think of Jeff Goldblum as the Scarecrow, i touch myself.
:tiphat:

894dce4c.jpg

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I watched probably 1/2 of Slither tonight. Let's just say I probably wont be finishing the rest of it.
Seeing how it just gets worse from there that's probably a good idea.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seeing how it just gets worse from there that's probably a good idea.

:xyxthumbs:

I watched Evil Dead tonight, and made it all the way through. It was pretty funny and I'm looking forward to watching Evil Dead 2 soon.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you guys think of Meet the Spartans..?