• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^After the debacle that was Batman and Robin, the property needed to go back to the drawing board. Clooney was average at best in both his roles as Batman and Bruce Wayne to me, which is uncharacteristic given his usual excellence in whatever he applies himself in.

Goldblum as Scarecrow would've been the mumbling of Jurassic Park multiplied by ten. I like Jeff as an actor, but I just feel he would've been lackluster as a credible villian of that vein. Although Cillian Murphy has completely ruined me on the concept of anyone else portraying that character, be it past, present, or future.

With how terrible the previously mentioned film was (the director later apologized for it...c'mon), this 'Triumphant' may have been the final nail in the coffin of the franchise itself. Bale, Liam and Caine would've never come around to save the day, and quite frankly that would've sucked.

On the other hand, I've been a fan of each of the Mummy films (and shook my head at the complete garbage that was the Scorpion King), so the third will likely be an easy sell for me.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mummy 3 will do until Indiana Jones 4 rears its head.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got some films today:

28 Weeks Later
Zodiac
The Fountain
Sunshine

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well IMO Batman Begins is a great stand alone film(in my top 6 films), But its not true to Batman.
What was with the Scarecrow? He got less screentime than an extra :e5dunno:

Batman and Robin was more true to Batman than Nolan is. At least the villians got enough screentime.
Begins is just a Christopher Nolan film with Batman all over it.

Indiana Jones 4 is going to be a bit of a letdown i think. That little creep from Transformers is in it, and apparently he is "Indy Jr" :ihavesandinmyvagina
I hate when they bring a new generation into it...

Die Hard 4 and Lethal Weapon 4 were great! and John Rambo looks like its going to own

I cant wait for the Castlevania movie, im getting a hard on just thinking about it :hyperguy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I got some films today:
28 Weeks Later **1/2
Zodiac ***1/2
The Fountain ****
Sunshine ***1/2

So I bought 2001: ASO on Blu-Ray and it was by far the best home viewing experience of my life.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I bought 2001: ASO on Blu-Ray and it was by far the best home viewing experience of my life.

Im not bothering with Blu-Ray, Because im pissed that the replaced VHS and now they have replaced DVD.
:e5dunno::ihavesandinmyvagina

I mean, whats next after Blu-Ray?
Virtual Reality???

Surely it cant get anymore "High Tech"...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Im not bothering with Blu-Ray, Because im pissed that the replaced VHS and now they have replaced DVD.
:e5dunno::ihavesandinmyvagina

I mean, whats next after Blu-Ray?
Virtual Reality???

Surely it cant get anymore "High Tech"...
They aren't replacing DVD right now. 2001: ASO is the only Blu-Ray I own and the only reason I bought it is because we have an HDTV and a PS3. Also, you wouldn't say that if you watched a Blu-Ray DVD. Ask Pain.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm holding out to see what happens with the whole blu-ray HD dvd thing. Although the PS3 is mighty tempting once I get my 1080p 46" behemoth TV.

P

Pain

VIP
They aren't replacing DVD right now. 2001: ASO is the only Blu-Ray I own and the only reason I bought it is because we have an HDTV and a PS3. Also, you wouldn't say that if you watched a Blu-Ray DVD. Ask Pain.

To be honest. I wasn't as impressed with blu-ray as i was when DVD's replaced VHS. It's just not that much of a leap forward as DVD's were. Don't get me wrong, Picture is still amazing . I just wouldn't start replacing your DVD collection just yet.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm holding out to see what happens with the whole blu-ray HD dvd thing. Although the PS3 is mighty tempting once I get my 1080p 46" behemoth TV.

Glad to hear that cops are paid what they should be somewhere in the world; definitely isn't here:disgust:

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
American Gangster. You have to see it.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True dat!
How can Daredevil and Van Helsing not be on the list...
:disgust:

Cause they were both not that good :dunnodude:

I just really liked American Gangster. I thought it was pretty well written, and the acting was excellent.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Some films I've seen lately...

Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrick, 1999) ***

Salo (Pasolini, 1975) *1/2

The Wind That Shakes the Barley (Loach, 2007) ***1/2

Transformers (Bay, 2007) **

Stalker (Tarkovsky, 1979) ****

Arsenic and Old Lace (Capra, 1944 ) ***

The 39 Steps (Hitchcock, 1935) ***

Reign Over Me (Binder, 2007) **1/2

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i watched hostel 2 the other day, loved it, not as good as the first, but still good:)