• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some films I've seen lately...

Salo (Pasolini, 1975) *1/2

Only * 1/2?

I haven't seen it yet myself but it's quite notorious for certain scenes and the way the film is a metaphor for facism through sexual perversion.
I'm guessing it doesn;'t live up to the hype.
he was murdered before the film was released don;t you know.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Only * 1/2?

I haven't seen it yet myself but it's quite notorious for certain scenes and the way the film is a metaphor for facism through sexual perversion.
I'm guessing it doesn;'t live up to the hype.
he was murdered before the film was released don;t you know.
The message is trite and barely an attempt at communicating it was made. The subtext was almost non-existent and as a whole it was a disgrace to Marquis de Sade's name. It was basically a film that was shouting at you loudly without realizing what it wants to say.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched Knocked Up last night...
I lmao till it hurt :bowroflarms:

My brother went and seen Rogue(the croc movie), he said it was friggin fantastic.
Id go...but im scared of people :uhoh2:

redtiger21

redtiger21

i watched hostel 2 the other day, loved it, not as good as the first, but still good:)

I can't decide whether i want to see this or not, the first one was a total boys' film, loads of hot naked women followed my unbelieveable gore and violence........

Rocky i presume you're buying it?!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I can't decide whether i want to see this or not, the first one was a total boys' film, loads of hot naked women followed my unbelieveable gore and violence...
The second one doesn't appeal nearly as much to the frat-boy ego and centralizes around not only a few strong female figures but also does a good job showing the business behind the kidnap/torture "industry". The first two acts of the film are pretty well paced and constantly building but, unlike the first, it's conclusion isn't nearly as strong. I'd say it's worth checking out but I couldn't give a positive review for it, though I'll soon be watching it again with a lady friend.

Anyway...

The Darjeeling Limited (Anderson, 2007) ***1/2

American Gangster (Scott, 2007) *1/2

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont like scary movies, most anyways, I dont like to see people cut in half, heads blown off, etc... it disturbs me and it stays stuck in my head for a long time after. Guess I am a big poon :ughnoes:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched blades of glory, I had to actually stop the movie after he threw up in his mask because I was laughing so hard :49:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
redtiger21

redtiger21

Just watched blades of glory, I had to actually stop the movie after he threw up in his mask because I was laughing so hard :49:

Yeah i thought this was pretty funny- i like John Heder, especially in Napoleon Dynamite, he ROCKED in that film!!:xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
In honor of Veterans Day I watched Delta Farce. Ouch.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You definitely took a shot for the team on that one Line:tiphat:

You've ensured that some poor veteran wasn't able to rent the copy you did, ergo in my eyes you've honored those who've served .

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rise of the Silver Surfer was mad!
You got to see Jessica Alba nude :keke:

Victor Von Doom rocks my world

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Rise of the Silver Surfer was mad!
You got to see Jessica Alba nude :keke:
I'm pretty sure this would be, not only Rated-R but also the highest grossing film of all-time if this were true.

I watched Jacques Tati's Playtime today and found it to be one of the most witty, satirical films I've seen. I'm not sure if I agree or not with Tati's use of modern architectural movements to create the point that the world is being too complex for us but it's still definitely worth a look.