• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed but wouldn't you rather see a talented director make, you know, good films?

All other above films mentioned sucked btw, with the exception of The Incredibles which I'd rate around an 7.5 out of 10. Scott continued to prove he's an overly-stylistic hack in Deja Vu and I'm still waiting to see a good-to-great film from either Scott that validates the amount of praise they get.
It wasn't a great movie, but like I said, I think anyone would have a good time watching.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Incredibles was about 6/10(it would be five if it wasnt for the hot mom :keke:).
Meet The Robinsons was friggin awesome!
easily a 8/10 in my books.

i would definatly tap that animated ass!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I thought Man on Fire was great.
I think it's fair. I feel that Scott has all the necessary visual gifts needed to make a great film but I haven't seen him harness them yet. He tends to go over the top on style and thus emotional provocation becomes a secondary element to his films.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
So Cronenberg pretty much owns shit with Eastern Promises. It's probably the best 2007 film I've seen so far. Also, The King of Kong, a documentary on competitive arcade gaming was a nice little film but some musical and editing decisions left it feeling a bit crass and unpolished. There was also a good vs. evil theme that was played up a bit much given the circumstances and, if one video gamer in particular is going to represent "evil" then a little more depth would have been suiting. Still worth seeing though.

To sum up my weekend in film...

No Country for Old Men (Coen, 2007) ****
The King of Kong (Gordon, 2007) ***
Eastern Promises (Cronenberg, 2007) ****

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see NCFOM lived up to expectation then.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I see NCFOM lived up to expectation then.
Quite. It took a little while to put together my final thoughts on it because it's a fairly layered story told in a very straightforward fashion. Of course, the performances and cinematography, as well as that ever-so-present dark Coen comedy was there but thematically it was pretty subtle. It's probably my fourth favorite work of theirs and would currently be my favorite of the year hadn't it been for watching Eastern Promises earlier today.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd heard mixed reviews about Eastern Promises and that it wasn't up to par with some of his best due to the disjointed performances and storylines. I think most of the revioews have either loved or hated (or rather been disappointed by) it.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'd heard mixed reviews about Eastern Promises and that it wasn't up to par with some of his best due to the disjointed performances and storylines. I think most of the revioews have either loved or hated (or rather been disappointed by) it.
Those reviews are just wrong then. :gaygay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Please tell me you havent seen it already.
And please tell me, your giving it more than one star.
I saw it today...it sucked. At one point it looked as if it was going to be a two-star film but the last hour just got worse by the frame.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw it today...it sucked. At one point it looked as if it was going to be a two-star film but the last hour just got worse by the frame.

The chick alone is worth giving it 3 stars.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Watched 'Captivity' last night. I know the reviews had been poor but was wiling to give it a try given that it was a Roland Joffe film. Didn't help by being a late entry into the "hostel/Saw" style film but was just a mess of a film. Nothing new and so many plotholes and poorly made contrivances.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw From Hell again last night.
I think it blows most modern day slasher films outta the water.
I dont think there is such thing, as a bad Johnny Depp movie.

FRom Hell ***1/2
Batman 89' ****1/2
The Thing *****

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I dont think there is such thing, as a bad Johnny Depp movie.
The Ninth Gate
The Astronaut's Wife
Sleepy Hollow
Blow
Secret Window
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Libertine
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ thank god, pirates of the caribbean sucks dick!!! all my friends seemed to fucking love those movies though, jesus...

line, could u give me a couple of good reasons why they suck so i can enlighten some people:tiphat:

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Ninth Gate
The Astronaut's Wife
Sleepy Hollow
Blow
Secret Window
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Libertine
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

E4281d62 1

^^ thank god, pirates of the caribbean sucks dick!!! all my friends seemed to fucking love those movies though, jesus...

line, could u give me a couple of good reasons why they suck so i can enlighten some people:tiphat:

Fdc5eaaf 1

Jack Sparrow owns everyone...
Haters :gtfoslap:

Waterworld *****
-One of the best films ever made.
Trivia: This is a sequel to The Guardian