• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Film Discussion and Last Movie You Watched

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
He's been in some very good films too but I'm not biased enough to either like or dislike a film just because of the actors in it:

Platoon
Ed Wood
Dead Man
Donnie Brasco

^^ thank god, pirates of the caribbean sucks dick!!! all my friends seemed to fucking love those movies though, jesus...

line, could u give me a couple of good reasons why they suck so i can enlighten some people:tiphat:
The best way I've heard it put was when Peter Travers of Rolling Stone said that the director buries Depp, the movie's most valuable treasure. Sure, he's a main draw and gives a good performance (not Oscar worthy in any way though) but the film spends too much of it's time being driven by nothing but non-sensical pirate bauffoonary. Sure, some pirate-type action can be fun but with a PG-13 rating it becomes caricaturic, boring, and tasteless...and this drags on for far too long. Other than random action we have a love story that is completely unbelievable, Orlando Bloom playing something other than a pussy (which he is incapable of) and a heroine whose heart flip-flops more than an epileptic having a seizure. Overall it's just another long-winded, recycled, incredibly dumb film.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Ninth Gate
The Astronaut's Wife
Sleepy Hollow
Blow
Secret Window
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
The Libertine
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

woah, woah, you can have all those movies but Blow is bad ass! The rest of them do suck though.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
woah, woah, you can have all those movies but Blow is bad ass! The rest of them do suck though.
Blow sucks and there's really not nearly enough action to make it badass, unless that's what we're labeling drug running these days. The entire movie plays like Goodfellas without the style or attitude that Scorsese has laid out and it tries to illicit sympathy towards a man who deserves none.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blow sucks and there's really not nearly enough action to make it badass, unless that's what we're labeling drug running these days. The entire movie plays like Goodfellas without the style or attitude that Scorsese has laid out and it tries to illicit sympathy towards a man who deserves none.

Well, since you put it that way :keke:.
I love that movie for some reason, dunno why, I just think Blow is a badass movie and can watch it over and over.
But your right, Goodfellas was better. :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well, since you put it that way :keke:.
I love that movie for some reason, dunno why, I just think Blow is a badass movie and can watch it over and over.
That's fine, I'm not out to ruin movies for people, just to share my perspective on them. If you like it, go for it. My only problem comes from when people start throwing around words/phrases like "masterpiece" or "one of the greatest films ever made".

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hitmanz is teh gretest movee evar!111 It haz teh ackshuns!!!!111+shiftcrtl353

Now what :spy:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Amadeus is one of the greatest films ever made. I am ashamed for delaying my viewing of it for so long.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
johnny depp is making the rum diary, another adaption of a hunter s. thompson book.....i hope its as good as thee book

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
johnny depp is making the rum diary, another adaption of a hunter s. thompson book.....i hope its as good as thee book
I honestly have low hopes. Hunter had major quarrels with the people who were originally working on Fear and Loathing before Gilliam stepped in and now that's he passed away who is there to put this no name director in his place? If anyone's interested in a good docu, check out Breakfast With Hunter.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched half of "Bobby" yesterday, it was terrible. What a complete waste of a high budget.

I guess I just don't give a shit enough about the 22 people that had their lives change over the assassination. Everybody in America had their life change, so it is pointless to create a movie about these 22 people.

Last time I watch a film directed by Estevez.

EDIT: surprised the budget is so low for so many popular celebrities (14,000,000)

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I watched half of "Bobby" yesterday, it was terrible. What a complete waste of a high budget.

I guess I just don't give a shit enough about the 22 people that had their lives change over the assassination. Everybody in America had their life change, so it is pointless to create a movie about these 22 people.

Last time I watch a film directed by Estevez.

EDIT: surprised the budget is so low for so many popular celebrities (14,000,000)

i think you got a little further then i did, i got 25 minutes into that piece of shit before i had to turn it off...TERRIBLE!!

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I gotta admit, i hated Superman Returns when i first watched it, but now that ive seen it a few more times i love it!
Easily the best Superman movie ever made.
****1/2

Cant wait for Superman: Man of Steel to come out in 2009.
TWO villians this time.
:hyperguy:

Also:
Conan The Barbarian - ***1/2
Conan The Destroyer - ***
Young Guns - ****
Young Guns 2(would be higher, but i hated when chavez and doc died :crymeariver:) - ***
Santa Clause 3 - ****
Idiocracy - ****1/2

BTW,
The new Justice League of America has been cast(apparently).
All young, unknown actors except for Common who is set to play John Stewart/Green Lantern and Megan Gale who will play Wonder Woman.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amadeus is one of the greatest films ever made. I am ashamed for delaying my viewing of it for so long.

That film was created in a lab and engineered to win Oscars:xyxthumbs:

Oh, and :49: at your sig; what a goon.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FuManChu it seems your sarcasm has gone too far to be perceived as "Is he taking the piss or not" judging by your last star awardings.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FuManChu it seems your sarcasm has gone too far to be perceived as "Is he taking the piss or not" judging by your last star awardings.

Is there a problem with my ratings :e5dunno:

BTW,
Bought Heavyweights on DVD today.
The funniest movie i have seen it ages!
Heavyweights1 1

*kid stands on scales*
Ben Stiller: Yes...Very Fat
:49:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'm feeling a bit lazy so here are some quick ratings:

The Lodger (Hitchcock, 1927) ***
Amadeus (Forman, 1984) ****
Futurama: Bender's Big Score (Carey-Hill, 2007) ***
Commando (Lester, 1985) ****
Bicycle Thieves (De Sica, 1948) ****

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Georgia Rule is a well written, deep movie.
Its not bad for a chick flick...
Plus, Lindsay Lohan reminds us why she is so hot :xyxthumbs:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Georgia Rule is a well written, deep movie.
Its not bad for a chick flick...
Plus, Lindsay Lohan reminds us why she is so hot :xyxthumbs:
A friend of mine gave it a 1/10. :uhoh2: