• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Kevin Levrone Transformation thread

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Cardio
April 6th, 2010

Gotta get cut. Failure is not an option. So the past few days have been all about cardio. An hour in the morning on an empty stomach, AND and hour at night.

Thanks to community leader Raul Cruz for his recent cardio vids – every bit of inspiration helps, bro, and your 2-hour cardio workouts are full-blown.

All of you guys, your videos and updates are appreciated by the community. I always check the forum AND the Youtube Group for new videos, and nothing gets past me. I see all of it and it’s the lifeblood of the community. Keep it up.

Thanks to everyone who posted on the MD forum thread. The In The Trenches video with Shawn Ray and me will be up soon. Also, I’ll be posting some more big workouts in the gym this week.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
saamies

saamies

120 Shoulders + 120 Push up's = 240 Complete Reps

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Lunges, 30-Rep Challenge
April 14th, 2010

Doing an hour of lunges without stopping will change you. You might not be able to move the next day. Nonetheless I’m going to ask you to try to get 30 reps. Watch the video, see how I do it, and give it your best shot. You might want to give up at three reps, but I know you won’t.

Lunges are a great aerobic workout combined with strength training. That’s what I need right now. Working core strength, getting the heart rate up, burning fat, building in layers of solidity and balance.

You don’t see lunges like these every day. Even more rare is a lunge properly performed. Like pro bodybuilding itself, it’s a combination of strength and grace.

When all the cameras are off, you’ll find me in the gym doing an hour of lunges like this. Plus, an hour of cardio in the morning…and an hour of cardio at night…and weight training, too.

And the diet. No cheating. When was the last time you went a month, a week, a day without cheating? Try it, and know the life a champion before battle. Protein, vegetables, water. Fork down. Repeat.

This is BATTLE, plain and simple. Reminds me of the good old days. Back when failure was not an option – back when the stage loomed ahead and all that mattered was victory. As hard as it is, I MISS this feeling, I’m relishing every minute of it.

What about you? Can you understand the mindset I’m talking about? Join me. Let’s do this.

We’re a few weeks away from LEVROLYMPIA, baby. There will be a thread on the forum, and you’re all invited to the stage for a posedown against Kevin Levrone at a lean, mean 220 lbs. TSSSSH-BAM!

Peace

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
LevroneReport.com 100 Pushup Challenge
April 17th, 2010

Here’s something to push you in the weeks leading up to LevrOlympia: the 100 pushups challenge.

It’s an age-old paradox about bodybuilders. Show me a guy who can bench 400 lbs and I’ll show you a guy who can’t do a measly 60 pushups. What’s up with that?

The answer to that is a subject for another post, and if you have your theories, explain them below. It’s just a different use of muscle, most bodybuilders just don’t have the kind of fibers and conditioning to bang out 100 pushups.

But how can you call yourself lean & mean if you can’t bang out 100 pushups? That’s why I set my mind to achieving it before LevrOlympia.

Here’s my first effort below. Take a look and see if you can bury me. If you can, then you can walk proud and say, “wow, I can’t believe I can do more pushups than Kevin Levrone.”

But there’s a catch. You gotta post it here, in the 100 Pushups Youtube Group. And preferably, post one now, so we can see where you’re at, and post again later, when you get to 100 pushups. See if you can get there before I can. Be sure to embed the video at the 100 Pushup Challenge Forum Topic in the Levrone Report Forum. Once again, it’s on!

Levrone, out.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^those vids are from March or so, Levrone reposted them by mistake lol.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^LOL,no wonder you never posted it!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
In the Trenches with Kevin Levrone

kevin_shawn-1.jpg

Kevin Levrone - Training with the Pros in SoCal

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Was that Pain's video in the beginning?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
"My Sacrifice" 20 Years of Kevin Levrone History with Shawn Ray

levrone_history-1.jpg

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"when you get dead last in the european shows... that means you reallllly suck"
haha i loled

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Great, great interview.

Agreed.

But I don't agree with Kevin when he said he should have won in 2000 Olympia. He was a great bb'er one of my favorites, and in my opinion he should've won before '98, when Yates was winning without arms.

Ronnie wasn't as conditioned as '98 & '99, but he was too much for everyone else:

Ronnie_Coleman_photo201-1.jpg

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^` Ronnie's back density gave him the win. Check the back double bi pic...

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ and don't forget the lower body.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
more comp from the 2000 Mr O:

look at Ronnie's quads, how can he lose the O that year? same goes for 2002 Olympia, even if Coleman was off, flat etc, he still was better overall.

9-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

mro2000_final03-1.jpg

mro2000_final09-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
LEVROLYMPIA • Kevin Levrone • Lean & Mean 220
May 15th, 2010

Welcome to the final night of LEVROLYMPIA. We have just under 70 participants and there’s still a few hours left. You guys knocked it out of the park. Thanks to those who posted pics, but also those who took the time to offer detailed and supportive commentary to make this event meaningful for everyone.

You all stepped up. Every photo was inspirational. You are all different, but you all share one common trait: you all carry yourselves like champions. You put yourself out there, stepped out of the comfort zone and earned my respect.

Now it’s my turn to step out of the comfort zone. JUST LIKE YOU, I worked my heart out. JUST LIKE YOU I came a long way. JUST LIKE YOU I have a long road ahead, I’m not 100% done – I’m on a path. But, it’s time to step up.

I did this naturally – no steroids and hormones of any kind. I had to train EXTREMELY hard to get to where I needed to be. IFBB shape was not my goal. I wanted to peel off the shirt with an athletic, conditioned, lean & mean physique at 220 lbs.

So here’s what’s up. SEE THE REST OF MY PICS ON THE LEVROLYMPIA STAGE IN THE FORUM.

Kevin.

2 1

1 1

3 1

4 1

54 1

6 1

71 1