• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official: Video Games Discussion

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good night amigo, i'm probably going to bed soon too!

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
night mate or should I say morning its 6.15am I should go to bed too really

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn man now that is staying up late. good nite!

Amped

Amped

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well right now I am playing The Godfather. It is pretty good but not alot of missions but it does have alot of minigames.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amped said:
Well right now I am playing The Godfather. It is pretty good but not alot of missions but it does have alot of minigames.

yOU'RE FREAK!!! Asleep at 6:15am!! :49:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bought Men Of Valor twice for 4$
I thought the first copy was busted
then i found out it's cus i didnt load the patches correctly lol

Crappy, if anyone wants the other copy i got the box and all inserts 4$ shipped

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats like my mate he accidently clicked and bought Red and Meth Blackout 3 times lol

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be adding quite a lengthy post later on today covering all 3 companies and systems, but the main focus will be Nintendo. I'd like to see one of you anti-nintendo guys prove me wrong after I unleash it!

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not really anti Nintendo but the graphics are not on the same level as PS3 and X box il be interested to read your report on the 3 consoles though

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NCAA football 2007 comes out tomorrow :hsughr: can't wait.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats that a soccer game?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
not really anti Nintendo but the graphics are not on the same level as PS3 and X box il be interested to read your report on the 3 consoles though

Just as a little note before my promised "essay", graphics imo are pretty much at the end of the line. How much more can they really be advanced before something else in consoles must be changed to keep consumers interested? Wii has great graphics, although not as great at PS3 and 360. I'll openly admit that. But considering that the graphics are still "very good", Wii will be the cheapest system, and that Wii introduces a possible revolution in video game controllers, the graphical advantage that 360 and PS3 have doesn't really seem that impressive anymore, does it?

When I first played 360 (call of duty 2, btw), I said to myself "hey, the graphics look pretty good." After a few minutes, however, that feeling completely wore off and it now felt as if I was playing the same game on and xbox. That is not what I feel should happen when you purchase a new game console. Think of the leap from snes to n64. You went from top of the line 2d graphics with basic 3d to much more advanced 3d with huge open worlds.

From 64 and PS to ps2, xbox, and GC, the graphics when from jagged 3d models with short draw distance and frequent frame rate problems to almost likelike games with amazingly huge and complicated worlds, as well as the first consoles with fleshed out online options (xbox live).

Now to the present- what leap will the PS3 and Xbox bring to the table? A slight graphical increase that loses its "coolness" in less than 10 minutes? There isn't much as far as I'm concerned. That's where Nintendo's strategy comes into play. They improved the graphics, but they also realized that something else needs to happen to keep people interested. Therefore, they made the virtual console (which I will discuss in my next post) and their new Wii controller. Sounds like a plan to me.

Hmm, I ended up writing much more than I had planned to. Oh well, more to come soon.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
whats that a soccer game?

American College Football, made by Electronic Arts. That's the company that makes the FIFA soccer series, in case you didn't know.

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no north american football

Attachments

• screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 38
MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
Just as a little note before my promised "essay", graphics imo are pretty much at the end of the line. How much more can they really be advanced before something else in consoles must be changed to keep consumers interested? Wii has great graphics, although not as great at PS3 and 360. I'll openly admit that. But considering that the graphics are still "very good", Wii will be the cheapest system, and that Wii introduces a possible revolution in video game controllers, the graphical advantage that 360 and PS3 have doesn't really seem that impressive anymore, does it?

When I first played 360 (call of duty 2, btw), I said to myself "hey, the graphics look pretty good." After a few minutes, however, that feeling completely wore off and it now felt as if I was playing the same game on and xbox. That is not what I feel should happen when you purchase a new game console. Think of the leap from snes to n64. You went from top of the line 2d graphics with basic 3d to much more advanced 3d with huge open worlds.

From 64 and PS to ps2, xbox, and GC, the graphics when from jagged 3d models with short draw distance and frequent frame rate problems to almost likelike games with amazingly huge and complicated worlds, as well as the first consoles with fleshed out online options (xbox live).

Now to the present- what leap will the PS3 and Xbox bring to the table? A slight graphical increase that loses its "coolness" in less than 10 minutes? There isn't much as far as I'm concerned. That's where Nintendo's strategy comes into play. They improved the graphics, but they also realized that something else needs to happen to keep people interested. Therefore, they made the virtual console (which I will discuss in my next post) and their new Wii controller. Sounds like a plan to me.

Hmm, I ended up writing much more than I had planned to. Oh well, more to come soon.

again i agree, and yes the virtual feel to the new wii is a big change, and the determining factor of crowning the best, can't wait to read ur post, remember i got ur back!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
again i agree, and yes the virtual feel to the new wii is a big change, and the determining factor of crowning the best, can't wait to read ur post, remember i got ur back!

Actually when I said "virtual console", I was referring to the term used to describe Nintendo's game download service on the Wii.

I have most of my points written down for my next big post here, but I have to do some stuff first.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh well that also is a big factor!

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good try miniduck but the graphics on a 360 and i'm sure the ps3 far exceed the last generation games when played in HD if you played the 360 on anything other than an HD TV you haven't seen its real capabilities as far as graphics and the 360 is capable of far better graphics but the game manufacters are still a long way from making games that can keep up w/ the system. as for game play that is solely on the vendor ie: EAspots MIdway Thq etc. etc.. Nintendo has even stated that they wouldn't try to compete w/ the other two consoles but try to focus on "fun". the bottom line is that the 360 (imo) is the superior console b/c of its capabilities and its price point. the PS3 is to pricey b/c its not better or more console than the 360, The only thing PS3 may have on the 360 is more titles, and the Wii just isn't going to be on the same technolgy level as the other consoles thus the cheaper price...... i don't really have a bias opinnion b/c i will buy all three

P

Pain

VIP
Good post miniduck, xbox360 and ps3 dont really bring anything that is "next gen" worthy, just nice graphics.. Wii has the cool new controller and is actually tryin to be orginal.

I think nintendo might win the next gen console war. :)