• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official: Video Games Discussion

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it would be good to see an amazing new console vastly different from anything we have seen before. Snce the PS1came out that was next generation in comparison to snezz and mega drive the has been no major inovations

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TrueOutlaw said:
good try miniduck but the graphics on a 360 and i'm sure the ps3 far exceed the last generation games when played in HD if you played the 360 on anything other than an HD TV you haven't seen its real capabilities as far as graphics and the 360 is capable of far better graphics but the game manufacters are still a long way from making games that can keep up w/ the system. as for game play that is solely on the vendor ie: EAspots MIdway Thq etc. etc.. Nintendo has even stated that they wouldn't try to compete w/ the other two consoles but try to focus on "fun". the bottom line is that the 360 (imo) is the superior console b/c of its capabilities and its price point. the PS3 is to pricey b/c its not better or more console than the 360, The only thing PS3 may have on the 360 is more titles, and the Wii just isn't going to be on the same technolgy level as the other consoles thus the cheaper price...... i don't really have a bias opinnion b/c i will buy all three

Sure the 360 and PS3 graphics exceed the last generation, but are shiny graphics alone going to keep you interested?

I understand that how fun the games are is based on the developer, but the developers aren't really doing anything new on 360 and PS3. Just "more" with new graphics. The games will be fun for a while, but I can almost guarantee you that at one point (likely more) while you're playing the games you will say to yourself, "this is pretty much the same thing I played 5 years ago."

I know personally that I will still enjoy games on the PS3 and 360, but they really aren't all that different from what's already been available since 2001 (when gc and xbox came out). That's why the Wii has me so excited- innovation.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain said:
Good post miniduck, xbox360 and ps3 dont really bring anything that is "next gen" worthy, just nice graphics.. Wii has the cool new controller and is actually tryin to be orginal.

I think nintendo might win the next gen console war. :)

yay pain is down with nintendo, we are sure winners now!:D

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
yay pain is down with nintendo, we are sure winners now!:D

Guess I don't even have to write my promised post anymore, huh? :2:

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
Guess I don't even have to write my promised post anymore, huh? :2:

u should just to top the victory off, think of it as a victory speech!:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
u should just to top the victory off, think of it as a victory speech!:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Ok, here it is! (finally) Please ignore any and all spelling and grammatical mistakes, I'm not re-reading this and I'm typing fast.

PS2 was the most successful selling console out of the 3 by a longshot. Why's that? It doesn't really make sense, after all, PS2 was the most technically inferior console of the 3. It was the slowest, had the worst graphics, and had the least amount of RAM (don't argue with me on that, I've checked the specs). Not to mention it was the least durable of the 3 consoles and it only had 2 controller ports.

So why did it sell as well as it did? Marketing is a big factor. Sony created a positive image for itself, even if the product sucked in comparision to the competitors. That's basically where Nintendo messed up. They failed to make enough of an impact through marketing.

The main reason the PS2 was a success is because of 3 companies. Square-Enix, EA, and Rockstar. These 3 companies created the PS2's top selling series. Final Fantasy (a Playstation exclusive), GTA (Playstation exclusive for a while), and Madden (mainstream game). Madden sold best on PS2 because more people had PS2's.

What has changed for the next generation? Let's break this down:

GTA- It is now debuting on the 360 and PS3 on the same day. That means fewer sales for Sony and more for Microsoft than last generation.

FF- Square Enix was PS exclusive on PS and PS2, but now FF is moving to other platforms as well. Square Enix is currently making close to 10 games for Nintendo platforms and even one for 360 (which is basically a failure in Japan, where Square Enix is located). While PS3 and PSP are still getting a fair share of FF games, the attention has shifted.

EA- 360 has a headstart on the competition, meaning more people are going to buy EA's games on the system they already have. Considering PS3 is very likely to not sell as well as PS2, EA will turn it's attention to the other consoles. Because EA makes some of the best selling games every year (mostly mainstream), consumers will also be willing to give the other consoles a chance. EA is actually creating special versions of it's most popular series (NFS, Madden, etc.) for Wii to take advantage of the new controller. 360 and PS3 will both be receiving almost the exact same game.

I have also heard complaints of Nintendo being "only Mario games". That is so far from the truth that I will not elaborate on it. I'll only add this about it- Mario games are the best selling series of games ever for a reason. If they're that good, why would anyone complain? You have no idea how much Sony and Microsoft would give to have Mario on their systems.

Another reason Nintendo has a great chance to be #1 next generation is because they are such a profitable company. Microsoft actually loses money on each 360 they sell and it will be the same story for Sony. Meanwhile, Nintendo sells the systems for more than it costs for manufacture.

If Nintendo didn't exist, there is a 99.9% chance that the Playstation wouldn't either and a 95.5% chance that the gaming market would be nowhere near to what it is today. Did you know that the Playstation actually started out as a cd add-on for the Super Nintendo? Eventually Sony broke away and made it its own console.

Nintendo is extremely innnovative, and if you've never sat down and acutally thought about how much Nintendo has changed the face of gaming, check this out:

You know the digital pads, d-pads, (also called plus pads, becuase of the shape) on nearly every single gaming controller? Nintendo was the first to use that.

You know the analog stick that the 360 and PS3 both have? (2 actually)
Yup, also from Nintendo. The orignal Playstation controllers did not have analog sticks. Sony copied Nintendo and added them in.

Shoulder buttons-Nintendo

Diamond shaped button layout- Nintendo

Online gaming- Nintendo (nintendo tested it out in Japan before any other company)

3d graphics- Nintendo (starfox on SNES, I believe)

4 controller ports- Nintendo

Wireless controllers- Nintendo

Rumble in controllers- Nintendo

Motion sensing controllers- Nintendo

In case you don't get it yet, Playstation and all of the other competitors thrive off of Nintendo's innovations. When Nintendo first unveiled the Wii (called Revolution, at the time), Sony actually made fun of them because of the controller. A few months later at E3 06, Sony announces that they have included motion sensing in their controller (which is the same thing for the 3rd generation). Anyone else find that a bit funny?

Finally, the Wii is set to be a great console for every consumer. It's easy to control, so it won't put off the people intimidated by the 20+ button controllers of today. It's innovative with the way it changes games. It's affordable, being 1/3 the price of the PS3 and 1/2 the price of the 360. It's small and sopposedly quiet, being approximately the size of 3 dvd cases stacked on top of eachother. It has a built in speaker in the controller. It might very well have free access to wifi gaming, similar to the DS. You can download games from older systems on Wii from the internet. These systems include NES, Turbografx, Genesis, SNES, and N64. It can play all gamecube games.

I'm pretty much done now (my fingers hurt). This should give you a clear understanding why I like Nintendo so much and why I feel Wii will be the best choice for gamers this generation.

To end with, everyone who reads this should check out a video of Red Steel on Wii. Click on the picture of the one labeled "E3 2006: Trailer"

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/821/821973/vids_2.html

Nintendo wii

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it looks well nice dont know about the controller though

D

danimalmax22

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ what the hell is that?

ps. im too lazy to read the posts and figure it out for myself

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the new Nintendo Wii or somthing def the new Nintendo

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn miniduck you really made your point on this one. perfect. that was a great post!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
damn miniduck you really made your point on this one. perfect. that was a great post!

Thx MM. Too bad the other 2 people didn't even read it. :tear:

I saw Pain looking in here, but he hasn't responded.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey more people will read it and they will have no choice but to agree!

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain said:
Good post miniduck, xbox360 and ps3 dont really bring anything that is "next gen" worthy, just nice graphics.. Wii has the cool new controller and is actually tryin to be orginal.

I think nintendo might win the next gen console war. :)
they changed the controller bro thats all. its really up to the game manufacters to make the experience for the gamer next gen. the consoles have the capacity but the vendors can't make games to match it

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont really like the controller it seems awkward to play with

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
I dont really like the controller it seems awkward to play with

Have you tried it? Nope.

I doubt you even looked at the video I posted of Red Steel.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ohh calm down lol yes I looked and it just looks awkward sorry Mr Nintendo

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
ohh calm down lol yes I looked and it just looks awkward sorry Mr Nintendo

You watch tv, don't you? You use a mouse, don't you? And you use the much more complicated video game controllers. I can understand why you say it looks awkward, but I have a feeling that after a few minutes of using it you'll like it. Give it a chance when the time comes. :hsughr:

P

Pain

VIP
Nintendo are all about fun, they wouldnt make a controller that wasnt fun to use.

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
miniduck said:
You watch tv, don't you? You use a mouse, don't you? And you use the much more complicated video game controllers. I can understand why you say it looks awkward, but I have a feeling that after a few minutes of using it you'll like it. Give it a chance when the time comes. :hsughr:

yeh I wasnt meaning to judge it really I just said it looks awkward I suppose because its just not conventional the game looks amazing though, and alot cheaper than the other consoles

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FOOTBALL FAN said:
yeh I wasnt meaning to judge it really I just said it looks awkward I suppose because its just not conventional the game looks amazing though, and alot cheaper than the other consoles

There ya go......:eclipsee_gold_cup: