• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Prince Vegeta's legacy

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great long workout!

Keep those workouts coming!

:xyxthumbs:

Thanx dude!! they might seem long but i get trough it pretty fast!

Thanx for checkin my log out!:2:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today i had a great back and trap workout!

Pulldowns
40kgx12
50kgx10
60kgx10
70kgx6

T bar rows( apparatus)
30kgx10
40kgx8
50kgx8
55kgx6

Dumbell rows
40kgx8
2 sets of 46kgx6

Cable rows
60kgx12
75kgx10
90kgx5...too heavy...80kgx5
70kgx10

Cable pullovers
3 sets( dont remember weights..)

Close grip pulldowns
2 sets of 50kgx10

Barbell shrugs
80kgx10
100kgx10
120kgx8

Dumbell shrugs
32kgx12
44kgx6....

And i was dead....in 50 minutes

Then did 25 minutes stationary bike!!

Tommorow is chest and biceps

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another great workout. good job mate, keep it up.:xyxthumbs:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx for the thumbs up guys!

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good workouts as always, just a quick question...do you train in 150*gravity as well? :p

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like you killed those weights and machines
their begging for MERCCYY!
Dont give it to them!
shrugging those weights gone get your traps huge man
gonna make ruhls traps look like the great whites !

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session buddy. DB rows were sweet. As was all of it. Back was swole!!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanx for the sipport dudes!!

@mikew...im only at 110 at the moment...150 i havt to go supersaiyan:)

@Hypo...thanx dude! lightweight baby!!

@ rocky....my back is soooooooore today...beyond swole..everybody was staring at my traps...:)

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good back session there bro.Good work overall lately:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah that was pretty nice back session! U are getting stronger every day.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah that was pretty nice back session! U are getting stronger every day.

I like to think so!!

Had a good chest and awesome bicep workout!!

Crossovers
20kgx12
25kgx10
30kgx8
25kgx10

Machine press
60kgx10
70kgx8
80kgx6
65kgx10

Bench press
60kgx10
70kgx8
80kgx4.....drop set 50kgx10
70kgx8

Incline dumbell
22kgx10
2 sets of 26kgx6

Incline machine press
60kgx10
70kgx8
70kgx7

Sipder curls dumbell
11kgx10
12kgx8
12kgx8....P.B.

Ez bar curls dog crap style
30kgx8 count to 10 30kgx4
35kgx6 count to 10 35kgx4
40kgx4 count to 10 40kgx2.....P.B.

Hammer curls
16kgx16
2 sets of 22kgx12

Machine preacher curls
2 sets of 50kgx8
1 set of 35kgx8

And that was that.....in about 70 minutes...not too bad!:hsughr:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do not know if you are trying to do a high volume training regimen, but 5 exercises for 20 sets is a lot for just your pecs.
I would eliminate your fly movements, and lower your volume down to no more than 3 sets for your pressing movements. For the first exercise warm up for a few sets (but not too much, you dont want to build up too much lactic acid before your actual sets that build muscle/strength) and then jump straight to your set that you can only do 8 reps. I bet if you do not waste your energy with all the warmup/workup sets your strength will sky rocket. Then for your next few exercises go straight to your heavy set with no warmups for only a set or two. You should not do any more than 6-8 working sets max for your large muscle groups.
This style of training is to maximize recovery, while preventing over training and not wasting your time on sets that do nothing as far as building strength or inducing muscle hypertrophy. If you have any questions let me know, but that is just my two cents. :xyxthumbs:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rgith now im doing this mostly because i am not going for the strength gains right now...i work really fast trough the sets and try to keep the heartrate up seeing that i am trying to lose weight..i dont really consider the crossovers as a ex. if i do them first...i did them jsut ot give a mump because i have trouble getting a pump with benchpress if i start with it.I know it seems like a lot but i fly trough them and i am hittin chest only once every 6 days so i recover quite well..on the 24th it will be one month that am training this way in the new gym and i was thinking of switching it up come the 25th...more like dogcrapp....thanx for the advice dude! if u know a site where i can get info on dogcrap or somethin like that that u feel will up my stenght and power let me know...!!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I'm gonna follow Braaq on this one. It is a lot of volume for chest. Don't forget, lean muscle burns calories, so don't just focus on doing high-volume rapid-pace workouts all the time if you're trying to lose weight. I think the DC or DCesque training will do you good because it'll get you into a two-day split geared towards muscle and strength building which might help you lose weight.

I only do two exercises max for chest, maybe 6-8 sets of 8-12 reps. If I'm doing a heavy day on bench with smaller sets, I may do like 8-12 sets of 1-4 reps or something like that. I never do flies. My chest strength and size took off doing this. It's something to think about. A lot of the guys around here will tell you flies are an inferior exercise than pressing...I don't understand enough about it to give you a great answer as to why, but the down and dirty is your pecs are designed for pressing more than they are for fly movements, and I can tell you from experience that they're probably right :xyxthumbs: Everyone's different, but I'd definitely encourage you to give this a try.

Also, the pump, while nice, is not the goal for most bodybuilders now. If you get the pump as an ancillary effect, good, but I would just focus on trying to get stronger. Then again, do what works for you; I know my bis and tris do better doing workouts that tend to induce a pump, while my other body parts don't really need that to grow. Also, if you do shift to DC training, apparently you will want a good pump before doing fascia stretching which is a big part of the program.

The first google hit on doggcrapp is a good resource: http://dc-training.blogspot.com/
Some things you'll want to notice before doing DC: not all muscles are trained rest-paused (for example, you don't do rest-paused squats, you do a normal set and a 'widowmaker'); there's a very specific routine to fascia stretching from week to week, make sure you check into that; and try not to pause at all between the pauses of your rest-pause sets. Sounds obvious, I know :49: But I tried DC for a bit and one thing I noticed about myself is I slipped into that mode where I would take a small 1-2 second break mid-set to help me get out another rep. You don't want to do that; do the reps rapid-fire, and pause when you can't do anymore, otherwise you defeat the purpose of that 15 second rest.

Wow, that was a lot :hsughup: The most important thing is to always listen to your body and just be in the gym doing something, but hopefully some of this stuff will help. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, and nice job on the PBs :hsughr:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Waw thanx for the elaborate advice glex!! u and braaq are great help on the boards!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rgith now im doing this mostly because i am not going for the strength gains right now...i work really fast trough the sets and try to keep the heartrate up seeing that i am trying to lose weight..i dont really consider the crossovers as a ex. if i do them first...i did them jsut ot give a mump because i have trouble getting a pump with benchpress if i start with it.I know it seems like a lot but i fly trough them and i am hittin chest only once every 6 days so i recover quite well..on the 24th it will be one month that am training this way in the new gym and i was thinking of switching it up come the 25th...more like dogcrapp....thanx for the advice dude! if u know a site where i can get info on dogcrap or somethin like that that u feel will up my stenght and power let me know...!!

No problem bro :2:
Warming up with cross overs is not a bad idea, if done correctly they can be a great stretch for your pecs and shoulders and will warmup you up.
You will find that weight training, even if you do it fast paced and high reps, does not burn a significant amount of calories for weightloss.
Like Glex said, building muscle will result in a higher metabolism from more lean mass. Along with cardio that will result in more fat loss as long as your on a clean diet and taking in enough calories to gain lean mass.
I would say doing the type of training you are doing is good for getting you ready for a DC type training style, it has built a foundation for you. So good luck at the new gym and if/when you start your new training regimen me and Glex or anyone else are down to help you out if you have questions :xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nothing to add from what's been said by Braaq and Glex other than that I agree - whilst you are making good gains the advice given will definately push you further.

Good weight nonetheless considering all the exercises you're doing!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
big workout boy, congrats for your p.b. :)