• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptics log of unknown mental brutality

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I will overtrain myself currently if I go heavy on both leg days. I'll let my body get used to this before I up the weight too much on light quad day
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Saturday - Squats/deadlifts

Squats
5@20kg
5@60kg
4@100kg
2@120kg
1@130kg
1@140kg
?@150kg (PB) + belt: Got to just before parallel before I pushed up. Although it's a personal best weight, I'm not counting it 100% until I can ATG it.
4@100kg

SumoDeadlifts
5@60kg
5@100kg
3@120kg
3@140kg
1@150kg
1@160kg - Equal strapless PB. + belt.
0@170kg - Fail... not grip fail, back fail... for once.

Felt super strong and focussed today... must have been my discussions about smolov with El Freako lol. Grip felt strong as fuck, never had my grip feeling so solid.

Soundtrack: Immolation - Close to a world below & Failure for gods, Morbid angel - Domination
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks mate! It was pretty hard haha
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Felt super strong and focussed today... must have been my discussions about smolov with El Freako lol. Grip felt strong as fuck, never had my grip feeling so solid

I do inspire people to greatness. :thumbsup2:

Nice work little man!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
very well done kurt! Exceeded the hype. Awesome session Hope you recover well squats+deadlifts = win
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks guys, it felt like a great workout :D Lower back and quads are a bit tight though haha
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Skeptic... great session man I read the workout and went back to see who's log it was I was...surprised and impressed awesome session.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks Z! It felt good, I'm hoping for more of the same in the future :D
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Short session today

Legs

Box squats
8@20kg
8@60kg
8@60kg
8@80kg
8@80kg

My first time doin box squats, still getting used to using my glutes rather than my quads on the positive part of the movement.

Goodmornings
8@20kg
8@40kg
8@40kg
6@60kg
6@60kg

Calves on leg press
One foot
12@40kg each
10@80kg each
both feet
15@80kg
15@120kg
15@120kg

Cardio
20 mins Cross trainer - 206cals

Short session today, didn't have as much time as I'd hoped, but I'm still feeling great.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Nice work Skippy, how do your hips feel?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Not too bad, the reps were easy, I'll put a bit more weight on the bar next week to see how I go
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
You wait until they get real heavy, your hips don't know what they're in for.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
hehe I'm expecting my glutes to be hurting tomorrow. Im using a bench currently, which takes me to just above parallel. Can't see anything in the gym that I could use to take me to parallel or below :(
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
hehe I'm expecting my glutes to be hurting tomorrow. Im using a bench currently, which takes me to just above parallel. Can't see anything in the gym that I could use to take me to parallel or below :(

No step-up platforms?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I've seen them there before, I gotta find where they keep them though.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Check the cardio/aerobics room. That's where we had ours at Alex Hills.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Yeah, they used to have them scattered around the weights room as well, gotta go on a hunt
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Nice PB bro.Good to see you doing GMs.How do you like em?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks man :)

I really like goodmornings, my hamstrings get way more of a workout from them than leg curls, as well as the goodmornings will help with my squats as well. A+ exercise hehe
 
Top