• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Smolov Jr Squat&Bench week 2 day 1

Squat
Goodmorning/squat warmup with bar.
10@60kg
6@80kg
4@100kg
2@120kg

6@130kg
6@130kg
6@130kg
6@130kg
Threw up.

Took me way to long to recover, and I was pressed for time so I just went to bench.

Bench
12@20kg
6@40kg
3@60kg

6@75kg
6@75kg
6@75kg
6@75kg
6@75kg
6@75kg

I also did a little bit of a prehab warmup for this.

DB rows
10@30kg
10@30kg

I took this exercise easy because I felt so shit, but I decided it would be beneficial to just harden the fuck up.

The squat weight was feeling great, form was solid, reps were great.... then I just suddenly felt like complete shit on the 4th set. I nearly lost my dinner again during bench but I held it down.



 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
Haha nice squats. What color does the smurf vomit look like?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
It had chunks of fish and potato in it haha
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
i like a to say holy crap. well done getting through the session after vommiting... i probs would of peaced out. xoxoxo
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
haha, spankies pickle.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Smolov + chundering + smurf photo = FUCKING HARDCORE!!!!!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Frenzal Rhomb=win!

Oh, and nice effort on the "squat til you puke".
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
So I'm a couple workouts into week 2 and I've decided to give it up.

I'm sick again, and I don't see me getting better if I continue with smolov. I have something called Sphenoidal Sinus Disease... which (long story short) gives me incredible headaches when it flares up.

I'm going to train light over the next week, see how I go... try my max efforts again then start doing 5/3/1 again.

:(
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Ok, so I was gonna go to the gym today...

I instead made a sled and did some sled sprints in my backyard. Got up to about 7 pavers (not sure how heavy they are). I will increase it quickly though.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I'm gonna use a bag of cement tomorrow, just so I can gauge the weight I'm using.

I'm thinking about just sledding all week... then starting 5/3/1 next week based on previous max's. Just to start off slow cus I don't wana get sick again. Also to pick up my fitness a little so I don't die on high rep sets.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
some ghetto sled sprints, nice!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hah, I'm starting the first cycle off light so I don't get sick... I'll do however many reps I want :keke:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Go for it man, hope u get back to some heavy training soon!
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Smolov has claimed another scalp.

Good idea to just do something different for a week. Look forward to next week.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I only stopped smolov because I keep getting sick!! It's fucking my immune system lol.
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top