• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Pickle's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
And he's in my log!
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
Skeptic make sure you get into the top 6 guess comeptition in the general section, it'll cover all shows this year at the end the mecca contest champ will be crown. for more info go to the Flex pro top 6 guess thread .
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
WOAH PV! Good to see you in here man! Week 1 starts again this week .... new belt so I have the balls to max squat and deadlift again hehe
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome man! ill track you! so make me proud! :D
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Cycle 2 SQUAT
3@140kg
3@150kg
5@160kg

I think I could have done 1 maybe 2 more, but I had a killer headache and I nearly spewed. New belt used today, lever belt from Underground Elite... Its nice having a belt thats comfortable and not constricting.

Front Squats/DB Shrugs I buried each squat rep
5@100kg ---> 10@50kg
5@100kg ---> 10@50kg
5@100kg ---> 12@50kg

Gonna get to 5 sets of this, then just up the reps for awhile... felt too sick to get all 5.

I've decided I'm gonna do shrugs as a squat assist exercise and DB rows as a Deadlift assist exercise. Gonna do pullups on the bench/MP days... 4days of back work per week, thoughts?

I felt really strong through the squats, 140kg felt easy as piss, 150kg wasn't too bad either.
 
Last edited:
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Now that I think of it I hit my back 3xWeek: pullups on MP day, rows on bench day and deads & GMs on deads day. I suppose you can be fine depending on intensity/volume.

Nice squatting mate
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Lever belt ftw!

You can never do enough back work IMO.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hehe awesome! I also wanted to do it so I could spread out the assistance work throughout the week, even up my workouts a bit.

Elite Underground is a pretty good place to order from I reckon, ordered the belt late Thursday night, arrived early Monday morning, and if I wanted to order anything big I could probably just drive 30minutes out to pick it up!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Uni started back a fortnight ago, took some time off just to get into the swing of things because early in the weeks I'm going to be extremely sleep deprived!!! So I took it easy tonight.

5/3/1 Week 1 Squat
3@140kg
3@150kg
3@160kg

DB shrugs
10@50kg
12@50kg
10@50kg

I want heavier dumbells damnit.

Just did prescribed reps, weight felt heavy as but the reps were solid. I had it in my head that I wanted to try for a max single... terrible idea haha. I'll wait till 5-3-1 week for that.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
theres 90kilo dumbells at healthworks west end lolol.

they dont go in sequence tho. 2.5kg jumps upto 50, then theres 60, 70, 80, 90 lololol
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
nice squats man, are those db shrugs without straps? pretty strong grip!
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
good work man, keep it up!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
theres 90kilo dumbells at healthworks west end lolol.

they dont go in sequence tho. 2.5kg jumps upto 50, then theres 60, 70, 80, 90 lololol

Haha, next semester if my timetable allows it I will definately try to change gyms!

nice squats man, are those db shrugs without straps? pretty strong grip!

Yeah man without straps, I don't ever use straps anymore :)

good work man, keep it up!

Thanks man! I'm still after you though! haha
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Monster grip man! 120kg farmers would be piece of cake for you!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
My gym on the UK had a 110kg DB. It was covered in dust.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
PV - 120kg total? or 120kg/hand? haha

Freako - I would love to be able to use them!
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top