• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
5/3/1 seems to be treating you well so far.

Do you want me to combine your log threads?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
yeah, if you want mate. Doesn't bother me too much hehe
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Week 1 Day 3

Bench
10@20kg
4@40kg
1@50kg

[email protected]
5@70kg
8@75kg

Upright rows
8@30kg
8@40kg
7@50kg

Pullups
Again, no idea how many sets I did, but there were 20 reps in total.

Did some side laterals after this.


Felt pretty good today, the last couple reps of bench were grinders, but I'm glad I got well over the 5 reps.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
5/3/1 Week 1 Day 3

Pullups
Again, no idea how many sets I did, but there were 20 reps in total.

.

Knowing how ur chin ups go, congratulations on doing 20 sets.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
20 sets? no, 20 reps HAHA

I'll do the 20 reps for another week or so, then I'll raise it to 25 or something
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Good to see you've finally got 5/3/1 rolling Skip. I'm starting next week.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Awesome :)

5/3/1 Week 1 Day 4

Squat
10@20kg
5@60kg
3@100kg

[email protected]
5@135kg
5@145kg

GHR
6@BW-20kg
5@BW-10kg
5@BW-10kg

Seated Calf raise
20@20kg
15@40kg
10@60kg
10@60kg

Did some weighted side bends after this.

The squat weight felt really heavy today... I honestly don't know why 127.5kg felt so heavy. I grinded through though.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I've found that depending on how you feel, once you get to 80% is when you notice the weights. Feeling a bit off, then 80% feels heavy, feeling good 80% feels light. Everything else under 80% is too light to really judge this (if they all feel heavy you probably haven't warmed up enough or shouldn't be training).
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Heh, Shouldn't be training?

More warmup would probably be a winner.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Week 2 Day 1

MP
10@20kg
5@30kg
3@40kg

3@55kg
3@60kg
[email protected]

DB incline bench
6@25kg
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Rear laterals
8@6kg
8@12kg
9@15kg
8@15kg

Felt pretty good today with the MP's.

5/3/1 Week 2 Day 2

sumo Deadlift
8@60kg
5@80kg
3@100kg
1@120kg

3@145kg
3@155kg
[email protected]

Goodmornings
7@50kg
7@60kg
7@65kg
6@70kg

Weighted situps (incline)
7@BW
6@BW+10kg
6@BW+10kg
6@BW+10kg

Deadlifts felt strong. Very happy with hitting 5 reps at 162.5kg.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Your MP sucks as much as mine does.

I'm planning on doing some proper OH pressing soon. I've started off with handstand pushups (used to be able to do 20). It's what is limiting my bench at the moment.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
My entire upper body is a weakpoint for me currently haha More specifically my chest/shoulders.

I am hoping this will kickstart my upper body for a very strong year next year

Seeing as I got 5 reps with 162.5, I am gonna aim for 4 reps with 170kg next week :bitenails:
 
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
15,119
Points
73
keep up the hard work Skep!, 5/3/1 is looking good
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
^^ Yeah man, so far its feeling great!

5/3/1 Week 2 Day 3

Bench
10@20kg
5@40kg
3@50kg
1@60kg

[email protected]
3@75kg
6@80kg

Upright rows
8@40kg
7@50kg
10@40kg

Dead-hang Pullups
5@BW
4@BW
4@BW
3@BW
2@BW
2@BW
20 reps in total.

Did some bicep curls after this.

Bench is feeling really strong, I think I will confidently hit 100kg when I go for my new max!

Pullups felt heaps better, still not hitting too many reps, but they are getting better every week.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
What assistance protocol are you following Skip? I'm just wondering why you're doing upright rows (a pretty crappy exercise IMO) and not any chest/tri work like dips, CG presses or DB work?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I worked out the assistance work aaaages ago from an article I think you gave me. It said upright rows was one of the choices for Bench day.

I do Incline DB's on MP day, and I'll also do a tricep exercise as well.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Can you remember which article? Are you doing the Triumvirate?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Shit, I have no idea hey...

I'm just gonna ride this out for the next 2 weeks and see where I'm at... then I'm gonna look into a periodization protocol.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
If you want to keep your assistance short do Boring But Big or The Triumvirate (both listed in the 5/3/1 Manual), I'd recommend The Triumvirate personally.
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top