• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I have no problem with how long the assistance work is. I might actually do 5/3/1 again after christmas before I look into anything long term... I'll have another look at The Triumvirate so that I get more out of it.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Which periodization protocol were you considering?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Please say eastern block undulation.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
hahaha I need to look into more types of periodization, the only ones I've had a good look at are the Linear western and the conjugated one...

If there are other forms It would be much appreciated letting me know :D


Tunen sent me this awhile back, I'll have to have a good look through it again though. http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/period2.htm
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
hey skip bench seems to be going ok found a better groove yet?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Yeah, my benching feels a lot better, I would like to bench with you guys again though to get some more tips and such...
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Yeah, my benching feels a lot better, I would like to bench with you guys again though to get some more tips and such...

lol, i keep missing my barbell bench day through drunkness and basically drunkness, but ok. at least ive been still doing db bench
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
My net has been down... 5/3/1 has been going smoothely though.

Deadlifts I got 5 reps with 162.5kg :D and today with MP's I got 3 reps with 67.5kg.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Week 3 Day 2

SumoDeadlift
squats and goodmornings with the bar for warmup
8@60kg
5@100kg
4@120kg

5@135kg
3@155kg
3@170kg

Goodmornings
8@40kg
7@60kg
6@70kg
6@70kg

Weighted situps after this.

Deadlifts were feeling pretty strong today... I reckon 190kg is within my grasp!

They have a sign on the squat racks now that says all squats and deadlifts are to be performed WITHIN the squat rack due to some recent injuries... fucking retards.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
^ exactly what I was thinking. I CAN'T do sumo's within the squat rack. Fuck them.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Then fuck them and do it outside the rack, tell them you can't do sumos in the rack.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
haha I did do them outside the rack. None of the PT's seemed to care.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Solid sumo deads skippy!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Spankies PV :gaysign:


5/3/1 week 3 Day 4

Squats
8@20kg
8@60kg
5@80kg
3@100kg
1@120kg

[email protected]
3@145kg
[email protected]

My goal was 3 reps with 162.5, but I got offbalance on the first rep and had to do some major correcting. I went for the 2nd rep, but just couldn't get out of the hole.

Leg curls- instead of GHR because the gym was super busy
6@8plates
6@10plates
6@10plates
6@8plates

Bench
10@20kg
8@40kg
5@50kg
5@60kg

[email protected]
3@75kg
3@85kg

Strong... 100kg is within my reach.

Deadhang Pullups
6@BW (pb reps lulz)
5@BW
4@BW
3@BW
2@BW

Slowly getting less and less sets. I'm gonna do 25 reps in total next week.

Did some cable pushdowns.

I mismanaged my time yesterday... so I had to combine bench and squat day.

Soundtrack:


 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
good efoort on othe bench bra. get ur mind right next time u squat xoxooxox
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks man, I think I went down to fast, it threw me off.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Go for that century Skippy!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Max Efforts

Squat
10@20kg
2@40kg
2@60kg
2@100kg
1@120kg
1@140kg
1@160kg
FAIL@170kg
1@170kg
FAIL@180kg.

I was feeling super strong, 160kg single felt easy... 170 on the other hand. I have decided that after new years I'm going to do Smolov Jr for squats.
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
5/3/1 Max Efforts

Squat
10@20kg
2@40kg
2@60kg
2@100kg
1@120kg
1@140kg
1@160kg
FAIL@170kg
1@170kg
FAIL@180kg.

I was feeling super strong, 160kg single felt easy... 170 on the other hand. I have decided that after new years I'm going to do Smolov Jr for squats.

Nice squatting! Guess what, I'm gonna join you on smolov. Up for a challange ?:bball:
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top