• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good moves dude! I gotta make me one of those DB handles too.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Benno: you get a good idea of just how thick it is in that video. Surprisingly it isn't my grip that goes, rather my breathing gets messed up on the higher reps.

My C&J and Deadlift video. Light weights/deload in this one, the deadlift I'm good for 8 reps at 180kg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol at the closing credits, looks good buddy. dont like where your doing clean and jerks tho. but form was sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Lol. I always forget to wait for the credits on these vids. I'm glad I hung around this time.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Great vids, Tim. Movements look very controlled and smooth. Shame we didn't get to see Fox again.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid work on the C&J and deads timbo, awesome credits!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haven't been in here in a fair while. Thanks for the comments guys.

I've been taking a slightly different approach to training of late. I had been pushing that third set of 5/3/1 but now I'm just hitting the goal or maybe a rep or two more, not maxing it.

I'm also onto Cycle 6 (or something) and have changed over to Boring But Big from the Trimvariate assisstance template. I just did this to simplify and allow myself to hit arms, calves and shoulders more.

Day 1
Military 5/3/1
Lumberjack press 5x10
Chinups 5x10 - weighted couple unweighted
Bicep curls 3x10-20
OH tricep 3x10-20

Day 2
Deadlifts 5/3/1
Deadlifts 5x10 (did this last night with 50% thinking it would be too light, I was so wrong)
Leg raises 5x10
Calf raises 5x10
Gripper work

Day 3
Bench 5/3/1
Band Bench 5x10
Thick bar DB rows 2-3x18-20
Lateral raise 3x10
Bicep curl 3x15
Tricep ext 3x15

Day 4
Squats 5/3/1
Band squats 5x10 (as with previous day I may drop the bands, I'll have to see).
Hammy curls 5x10
Calf raises 5x10

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey beach muscles, how have you been?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Better recently. And yes after years of non-beach muscles workouts I decided it was time to blast my bi's and dash my delts.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^^ Better recently. And yes after years of non-beach muscles workouts I decided it was time to blast my bi's and dash my delts.

good to know/ Work,reading and your mrs taking all your time ? move to bris and train with me? We can start a tall mans training camp with no midgets that make false promises of training. yay

p.s you forgot to alliterate the most important beach muscles with a quest for articulate abs

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yep. Work is at the busy time of year, I've been spending a fair bit of time reading (averaging a book a weekend), the wife wants a few things done about the place and I have a guitar to build.

Brisbane has the unfortunate problem of not being near any actual agriculture. I do like the idea though. No-one under 180cm, and people who actually want to lift. :xyxthumbs:

I'm doing abs. I have some leg raises there and will do some planks on cardio days after rowing. Main issue is that I don't have sexy bodyfat levels like you have in your avi!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
nothing wrong with beach muscles..:icon_ninja:

I like your new template a lot tim.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can i join the tall group training team?, looks solid tim, nothing wrong with hitting the beach muscles!

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
You're good for 8 reps at 180? Jebus :skurred: Wish I could see the vids.

5x10 chinups with and without weight :2: I seem to remember you advocating a greater range of motion a while back when I actually posted here...like bringing your chest to the bar. My pullups have been coming back nicely and I found myself doing a few sets like that the other day...felt good. Is that still your philosophy on those?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Natzo: Thanks dude. And yes beach muscles need iron too!

PV: As long as you can think of un-sexy thoughts while watching Pickle squat you can join.

Glex: I'm going to have to pull a max session at some stage, because my supposed max is somewhere around 230-240kg. As for the weighted chinups/pullups I'm trying to hit as many sets of 10 weighted as possible before dropping down in steps (currently doing 3 sets with 20kg then 1 with 10kg then one BW). And yes I do try to keep my pulling going to the clavicles. Makes a huge difference in the amount of weight you can use, I'm finding this moreso on medium grip pullups. I've also been doing front levers and tucked front lever pullups. Have a look into them, they are really amazing. It took me a few months to get to being able to do a 3/4 extended front lever (not quite fully extended through the full movement) and I still can't hold at the top without tucking.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I don't think I have that kind of flexibility, but I will try on my next back day. I've been doing a lot of mixed grip and crazy variations on pullups, and a friend here is going to teach me muscle-ups :ughnoes:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok Boring But Big is tougher than I thought. Who the hell would have thought 5 sets of 10 with 50% would hurt this much!!!!

I felt like a wimp having to battle for the last two sets of deadlifts last night. It was only 110kg for crying out loud!!

JoaoT

JoaoT

Ok Boring But Big is tougher than I thought. Who the hell would have thought 5 sets of 10 with 50% would hurt this much!!!!

I felt like a wimp having to battle for the last two sets of deadlifts last night. It was only 110kg for crying out loud!!

lol it's so true. But i like that way a lot.