• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would die doing 5x10 @ 50 %, too fat! low reps ftw!!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
BBB is best!

Try doing it with 60-70%.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I <3 freako, but I <3 pickle much more lol

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why so much hate Freako? If you want to kill me just stab me in the back like all the other cowards.

On a serious note I've been having problems with training. I'm pondering going over to something really lazy for a few months. I was thinking a "bodypart" split type thing. Basic idea would be just work up to a heavy set of 2-5 reps for the day then do some other exercises for reps. E.g. Bench, then DB bench for 2-3 sets, then pushups for 2-3 sets. Do all of that drop set bullshit and a dedicated arms day and the like.

Thoughts?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Why so much hate Freako? If you want to kill me just stab me in the back like all the other cowards.

On a serious note I've been having problems with training. I'm pondering going over to something really lazy for a few months. I was thinking a "bodypart" split type thing. Basic idea would be just work up to a heavy set of 2-5 reps for the day then do some other exercises for reps. E.g. Bench, then DB bench for 2-3 sets, then pushups for 2-3 sets. Do all of that drop set bullshit and a dedicated arms day and the like.

Thoughts?

you kiddin'?

imho 5/3/1 is "lazy enough", just adjust accesory shit as desired (eg: curls) but bodypart split? what's next? balance ball squating? Now seriously, what kind of problems are you having? time, stress, tiredness? Perhaps you only need a couple of weeks off.

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you kiddin'?

imho 5/3/1 is "lazy enough", just adjust accesory shit as desired (eg: curls) but bodypart split? what's next? balance ball squating? Now seriously, what kind of problems are you having? time, stress, tiredness? Perhaps you only need a couple of weeks off.

Having a few medical issues. I have had no energy for months now and I get light headed if I do anything approaching hard. So overhead pressing is fine, but deadlifting almost makes me pass out or throw up. There has been a noticeable drop off in my performance so I have changed a number of things with my training already, including several weeks off and over-recovery. I basically need something unchallenging (hence the bodypart split) that will keep me active and retain some level of strength and muscle while I go through this phase.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Having a few medical issues. I have had no energy for months now and I get light headed if I do anything approaching hard. So overhead pressing is fine, but deadlifting almost makes me pass out or throw up. There has been a noticeable drop off in my performance so I have changed a number of things with my training already, including several weeks off and over-recovery. I basically need something unchallenging (hence the bodypart split) that will keep me active and retain some level of strength and muscle while I go through this phase.

Too bad to hear that tim. Have the docs detected what the problem is already? I hope everything goes well.
I'd say just turn down the intensity to a comfortable level and that's it. Keeping active will do you good imo.

Good luck tim.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too bad to hear that tim. Have the docs detected what the problem is already? I hope everything goes well.
I'd say just turn down the intensity to a comfortable level and that's it. Keeping active will do you good imo.

Good luck tim.

Partly. I'm on some stuff now that helps, but not 100%. Thyroid normal, hormones normal (literally smack bang middle of normal range), no infections (white cell count normal), nothing to really account for it. Considering how much the stuff affected me intially this may just be a side effect (low blood pressure and poor sleep thus less energy and dizzy with exertion) and in which case I'll have to live with the side effect to deal with what I've fixed.

I'm guessing that taking it easy for awhile will give me a change of pace and allow me to adjust. Then I should be able to come back to a real program and hit it hard.

ElFreako said:
That is entirely possible. I'm pretty sure Skippy gave it to both of us.
Curse Skippy and his penchant for butt secs with sordid whores.

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Jono.

I've plunged into the shady world of bodypart splits again for the first time in 8 years. Have to say I feel great after today's leg workout. Low blood pressure only caused an issue during my warmup.

Front squat
20kg x5
60kg x5
80kg x5
100kg x5
120kg x1

Back squat
120kg x5
130kg x5
140kg x3
150kg x3

Standing calf raises
140kg x12
150kg x10

GM
60kg x10
60kg x10
80kg x10
80kg x10

SL calf raise
32kg x10
32kg x10

SL hammy curl
20kg x15
20kg x15

Soundtrack:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The program will look something like this:

Legs
Front squats 4-5 sets
Back squats 4-5 sets
GM 4-5 sets
SL hammy curls 2-3 sets
Standing calf raises 2-3 sets
SL calf raises 2-3 sets

Chest
Bench press 4-5 sets
DB Incline press 4-5 sets
Pushups 2-3 sets

Back
Pullups/Chinups 4-5 sets
Deadlifts 4-5 sets
DB rows 2-3 sets

Shoulders and arms
Standing OHP 4-5 sets
DB lateral raise 2-3 sets
BB bicep curl 4-5 sets
DB incline curl 2-3 sets
? Close grip floor press 4-5 sets
? Band extensions 2-3 sets

The arms day I'm just not sure about considering the elbow trouble I get from most extension based exercises. However I don't want to overdo the "pressing" movements by adding dips or a press. Any suggestions (bearing in mind my home equipment)?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First bodypart split session looks awesome man! split looks good, just take it easy with arms the first couple of weeks, just for the pump, then increase kg as it goes better!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Why Jono? I haven't done an arms only day in years, I'm not sure what you are driving at.

Today's session, and yesterday's for that matter, felt refreshing. I haven't felt refreshed after a session since the begining of the year (from my patchy memory). Feels good to come away with a workout and energy.

Bench
60kg x5
80kg x5
90kg x5
100kg x5
110kg x5
120kg x3
115kg x5

DB incline bench
32kg x10
32kg x10
32kg x8

Pushups
BW x12
BW x12 - WTF!?!? Normally I'd get 20 with a 20kg plate on my back!

Soundtrack:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
why so bench pressious?

no wonder u couldnt do pushups 10 sets without warm ups :eek:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice chest session man, strong bench