• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tim's Journeyman Log

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
5/3/1 seems to be running pretty smoothely there!

X

Xiva

Banned
No. What happens is that I tend to drop forward as the first motion rather than push through the heels. Something I noticed in a vid I took. When the weight gets heavy this is leading to a fail out of the hole. I used to have a bad problem of squatting on my toes, but I cured that with Front squats. This is more a problem with my squat motion that I just have to be concious of.

I see :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Skippy: I was working out my numbers just then and supposedly I've added some kilos to everything but my squat.

Hot today and mowed the lawn before this session. Heart wasn't in it but I was really pleased with the deadlift as the form felt great, weight felt light (until rep 6) and I think I could pull a 2xBW deadlift for 8 now.

Deadlift
60kg x5
100kg x3

127.5kg x3
145kg x3
162.5kg x8

Hanging leg raise
BW x15 5 sets

SL hammy curl
15kg x10 5 sets
This was a bit light, should have used 20kg.

SL standing calf raise
32kg x8
37kg x8 3 sets

Soundtrack:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How did I miss Tim's marriage?

a belated congrats. Nice squats, too.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, looks like deadlifts have progressed nicely!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Congrats on the marriage Tim, sorry it's late.

Nice to see your doing 5/3/1. Great deadlifting and those squats will come up, just keep pushing harder.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome work on deads man, hope everything goes well for you this year

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jono: Thankyou :tiphat:

lifterdead: Thanks, we've been having a good marriage so far, the honeymoon should be terrific!

Xiva: No rest pause. I don't like touch and go, don't want to end up lifting like Branch. :bitenails: Also rest pause allows me to reset my grip and back with each lift, although I try to keep the bar in the hands the entire set.

Anabolicus: They have progressed a bit, hard to tell how much. I'm confidant I'm back to were I was before I tore my hammys this time last year.

Lance: Congrats are never late at the first opportunity :tiphat: I'm thinking the squats are just me not having the G&D for higher reps. Deadlifts I had spent a month or so doing higher reps as a finisher for a month prior to 5/3/1, so I probably need similar for squats.

Steve: Thanks dude. I think 2010 should be my best year yet, all the best for you too.

Ben: I'm glad I manned up enough to actually do high rep deadlifts. I'm not far off a 2xBW or 180kg for 8 reps. That would be awesome to do in a commercial gym.

Ok it has been stinking hot here for a couple of weeks now. We have had something like 8-9 days out of 14 that have been over 40°C, several of them like yesterday and the day before that were over 45°C.

This just means that training becomes more of a dehydration event than actual training, which is counterproductive. But last night was the last night I'll have a chance to train before the honeymoon, so I waited until quite late in the evening for it to cool down. It was still 30°C when I started (and I think still that when I went to bed). It was just going to be a short session, but I completed the accessories as well.

Warmups

just complexes

Bench
20kg x??
60kg x5
80kg x3

90kg x3
102.5kg x3
115kg x6 Thought I was good for 7-8 but on rep 6 I just felt unsteady towards lockout. I'd say I was just too dehydrated to push it out.

Incline DB press
32kg x10 5 sets

Thick bar DB row
40kg x10 5 sets

Should have done some arm work, as my arms are lagging just a little since I gained a couple of kilos.

Soundtrack:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Fuck those temperatures... but I spose thats what you get for living in Western Australia :borat:

Good effort benching in the epic heat though! Not a bad soundtrack either.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was trying out some of Amorphis' back catalogue and was less than impressed. That album is very good though.

It isn't just WA it is the wheatbelt. We don't cool down in the evening the way you do at the coast.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
haha I love living near the coast :borat: Even if Brisbane has no beaches :keke:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
nice benching timbo, i really like how u outbench me, motivating :D

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
30 degree heat would kill me during a session.

X

Xiva

Banned
Touch and go isn't the way to lift imo either.

Good round today!

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice benches.

How much do you weigh?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kurt: And here I was thinking that Brisbane did have beaches due to the Bris-Vegas thing.

Mike: I live to impress you :drool:

Ben: the 30 degrees isn't as tough as the radiant heat from the hotter temps. All of the ground, walls, roof, rack are all still a lot hotter; draining!

Mike: Cheers!

Lifterdead: I'm not 100% sure on my weight as it has been hot here for the past fortnight. Drinking a lot of water and retaining a bit of it. I think I'm sitting at ~87-88kg, but I have weighed 89-90kg at times during this last fortnight.

I'm off for a couple of weeks guys. May or may not be training, I'll see how I go. Train hard!