• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome to hear bro! Congrats! When can we expect pics?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome to hear Jase, your've done a great job so far and a big future ahead of you :2:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks dudes :2:

pics of me 2 days out from the show. i don't have the contest photos yet.

Jason2009AZopen4981-1.jpg

Jason2009AZopen4861-1.jpg

Jason2009AZopen4171-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jason2009AZopen4921-1.jpg

my abdominal vascularity the day of the show was insane. i apparently have a vein that starts at my illiac crest and finishes at the top of my abdominal.

Jason2009AZopen4871-1.jpg

Jason2009AZopen4831-1.jpg

oh, and i've decided to be mature about it and not gloat or do any "i told you so's"

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh, and i've decided to be mature about it and not gloat or do any "i told you so's"

You just did :)

You told us you'd get top 2. You didn't.

What is it you told "us"; that you actually accomplished; that "we" said you wouldn't accomplish?

Congrats on doing the show and placing in the better half of the field :2:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You just did :)

You told us you'd get top 2. You didn't.

What is it you told "us"; that you actually accomplished; that "we" said you wouldn't accomplish?

Congrats on doing the show and placing in the better half of the field :2:

:bowroflarms:

omg! no little tuna, my goal was top 2! that was before seeing the entrants! i was planning on about 6 guys showing up, this was the biggest field ever little tuna! the told you so lies in that i showed up in shape, over 200lbs, and beat guys my height that weighed over 20lbs more than i did.

good luck at your next swim meet tunen. and be sure to piss off and never post in my threads again :)

anywho.......... thank you so much to all who followed my log and helped me stay positive and motivated. i greatly look forward to doing it again and encourage everyone who does a show to do the same. this is what a bodybuilding website is all about and isn't what's found enough in our sport. positive encourgement and realistic constructive criticism. thanks to those that gave it. that includes you james btw. even though i thought you were too much of a dark cloud at times i know you just wanted me to do my best. so thank you.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
two things that i really learned to implement for next time;

1. get a prescription sleep aid. i was running on no sleep for the past two days going into the show. it messed with me mentally. i guess it was the nerves/anticipation that wouldn't allow me to rest and i felt incredibly exhausted the entire day of the show.

2. don't be afraid to eat the day of the show. for fear of losing sharpness/dryness i was still low carb up until after prejudging. then i ate a sandwich with chicken and ranch dressing, took a nap (kind of, more like just lied down) for an hour, and looked way more full and vascular. i was actually mad that i looked so good and the actual judging portion of the show was done. it's ok though, and again i know what i'll do next time.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

good job man, as long as you made improvments from your last show then your on your way to better placings.

congrats

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow damn jas!! You look awesome def made a lot of improvments since the last contest you did.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work dude...as long as your happy with the results what else can you ask for?!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks guys.

i am very happy with the results considering the circumstances. had i done how i did with the level of competitor last year i would have been dissapointed. but this show was just incredible and the heavies had more entrants than it ever had. couple that with the fact that i was the lightest entrant in the division and beat guys who weighed 20lbs more than i did, and lost to a 37, 42, and 47 year old who all had the grainest hardest physiques in the show (and all 3 were incredibly nice gentlemen as well, i had good conversations with all of them and they were very encouraging), i feel very good about how the judges assesed me and think they were very fair.

and the overall winner was the 37 year old heavy, his name is scott stevenson and he actually trains with david henry and helps him with his diet. and it was pretty close between the top 3, to give you an idea how these guys looked. again, it was an honor to place behind them.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jason2009AZopen4921-1.jpg

my abdominal vascularity the day of the show was insane. i apparently have a vein that starts at my illiac crest and finishes at the top of my abdominal.

Is that a pic from the day of the show?

Congrats on your placing.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
two things that i really learned to implement for next time;

You looked good bro, and I'm glad you are happy with the result. But, I'd be pretty disappointed if these were the 2 main things you learned for your next show, to say the least.

1. get a prescription sleep aid. i was running on no sleep for the past two days going into the show. it messed with me mentally. i guess it was the nerves/anticipation that wouldn't allow me to rest and i felt incredibly exhausted the entire day of the show.

No, get some melatonin and take it sublingually about 30 mins prior to sleep.

2. don't be afraid to eat the day of the show. for fear of losing sharpness/dryness i was still low carb up until after prejudging. then i ate a sandwich with chicken and ranch dressing, took a nap (kind of, more like just lied down) for an hour, and looked way more full and vascular. i was actually mad that i looked so good and the actual judging portion of the show was done. it's ok though, and again i know what i'll do next time.

Who did your contest week prep? Why would you not eat? If you were taking a diuretic as well, this will flatten you like a pancake. You should have started your carb up Thursday at the latest, not gone low carb until the day of the show!

Again, congrats for improving on your showing from last time, but I very sincerely hope you listen to the constructive criticism that many of us are giving you here.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Congrats for your placing man, it was a new experience for you and im sure you'll do a lot better next time.

Looking forward for some on stage pics, congrats again!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is that a pic from the day of the show?

Congrats on your placing.

no this was taken two days out.

and yes james i've tried melatonin, it works, but not when you're mind isn't at ease. i need something to knock me out next time.

and though i received comments backstage about how full i was (mainly regarding my chest), i think that's just my muscle bellies, i was flat. i realized this after eating something and witnessing what happened.

and no one did my prep for me, lol, i do that myself. i'd like to come in november at about 207lbs and in about 15% better condition.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great achievement for such a heavy lineup. ur young, ull only get better, and next time ull smoke the competition:2:

so how are u gonna go about the show in november? u wont get much of an offseason thats for sure. when are u thinking ull start the prep for that show?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Congrats on your achievements man, 4th place in a stacked lineup is awesome! esp considering your age! keep it up!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great achievement for such a heavy lineup. ur young, ull only get better, and next time ull smoke the competition:2:

so how are u gonna go about the show in november? u wont get much of an offseason thats for sure. when are u thinking ull start the prep for that show?

thanks man, you too PV.

that depends bulkboy. based on what my condition is at the time i don't think i'll be starting any more than 10 weeks out and likely no less than 8 weeks out, but really none of that is set in stone it all depends on how i look. i most certainly think it is attainable to compete about 6lbs heavier in about 15% better condition. i think it gives me about 2 months to get bigger. which is right around the end time of what i like to call the "honeymoon" period. the period in which you blow up post show and a whole lot of it is muscle. i remember my body just soaked it up. i'm hoping it does it again.

oh, and thank you tkd!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You looked great Duality. Isn't November too early to compete again? Why don't you just take your time (dieting migth be stressful) to become bigger slowly and then, in 2010, compete again?

Anyway, congratz on your placing!