• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

knight_rider's first log

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some heavy weights being shifted there man :xyxthumbs: I'm particularly impressed with the incline smith, 100kg for 12 is amazing (all beit with rest-pause). I'm have noticed something that is different than how i used to do DC that intrests me. It seems like you do 2 Warm up sets before the actual rest pause heavy set (but they're relitavely heavy), is this the case? Are they warm ups? I think when i did DC i did a couple of light warm ups then went straight into the heavy set, but there's a high possibility that i mis-interpreted how i was supposed to actually follow the programme.

Base

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HERES HOW I TRAINED DC, THOUGHT IT MIGHT INTREST YOU:

How i'm doing my DC program (split and exercises):-

SPLIT (stick with it, it's a bit different that usual):-

Mon:-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (1)
Tue:-Legs (1)
Wed:-REST
Thur:-Back and Biceps (1)
Fri:-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (2)
Sat:-REST
Sun:-REST
Mon:-Legs (2)
Tue:-Back and Biceps (2)
Wed:-OFF
Thur:-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (3)
Fri:-Legs (3)
Mon:-Back and Biceps (3)
Tue:-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (1)
Wed:-REST
Thur:-Legs (1)
Fri:-Back and Biceps (3)

Repeat Cycle

Thats how my new split looks. Now, for the excercises in my new split:-

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (1)

Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press (11-15 total reps)
Push Press (11-15 total reps)
Close Grip Bench Press (11-15 total reps)

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (2)

Incline Smith Bench (11-15 total reps)
Dumbell Press (11-15 total reps)
Weighted Dips (11-15 total reps)

Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (3)

Flat Dumbell Bench (11-15 total reps)
Smith Behind Neck Press (11-15 total reps)
Skull crushers (20-25 total reps)

*More reps on skull crushers for elbow safety*

Legs (1)

Smith machine Squat (15-20 total reps)
Widowmaker set of Smith Squats (1 set of 20 non stop reps)
SLDL (20-25 total reps)
Standing calf raise (40-50 total reps)

Legs (2)

Hack Squat (15-20 total reps)
Widowmaker Hacks (1 Set of 20 non stop reps)
SLDL (20-25 total reps)
Leg press calf raise (40-50 total reps)

Legs (3)

Leg Press (15-20 total reps)
Widowmaker Leg press (1 set of 20 non stop reps)
SLDL (20-25 total reps)
Standing calf raise (40-50 total reps)

Back and Biceps (1)

Deadlifts (15-20 total reps)
Weighted Pull-ups (11-15 total reps)
Barbell curls (11-15 total reps)

Back and Biceps (2)

Barbell Rows (15-20 total reps)
Pulldowns to front (11-15 total reps)
Hammer Curls (11-15 total reps)

Back and Biceps (3)

Low cable cross Rows (15-20 total reps)
Weighted Pull-ups (11-15 total reps)
Preacher curls (11-15 total reps)

(NOTE:- It is suggested not to do rest pause technique for quads, but i have decided to go ahead and do what i would prefer ((rest-pause for everything)) to do).

(ANOTHER NOTE:- I will do as many warm up sets i feel is nessecary before doing my one rest pause working set).

Base

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great session knight rider, the incline smith is heavy shit right there, the dumbell presses are nothing to be ashamed off either:)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bulkboy: your always welcome here

Basebody: hey dude, yeah the first two sets are always easy warm ups, first warm up, is pretty light , higher reps and just going through the motions getting the action right.........second warm up is a bit heavier and i still go well short of failure..........then its business time...

regarding your dc split.........although its got DC components........essentially its not text book DC training.......after moving away from convential split training and always having a day between workouts, i dont think i will ever go back to training 2 days in a row.......if your pushing heavy and intense you simply dont have the energy to back up the day after.......but anyway let me know how your DC mutant split goes.......

oh and keep an eye on how your weights progress with dumbell exercises.......i found that 11-15 rp didnt work to well, moving into a 15-30 rp or even 20-30 rp range for all dumbells exercises gets you progressing much faster because it limits the fatigue that balancing independent weights causes.

i love your exercise choice too.........its excellent, all tough lifts........keep popping in, its nice to be able to talk DC shop with someone

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
seems like a nice split u got working there KR :food-snacking:, hope it keeps working for you and makes you blow up :ughfingers::hsughr:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers turk yeah i hope i blow up and start lifting weights as big as you..

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those inclines, pulldowns and pushdowns are excellent, KR. Good to see the split is treating you well:)

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^cheers for the nice comments...continue to pop in

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
28/07/07

barbell curl (15-30 rp)
30 kgs, 15
40 kgs, 8
50 kgs, 11,4,3 (18) equal pb

dumbell wrist curl palms down (12-20 ss)
5 kgs, 8
5 kgs, 10
8 kgs, 10 eqaul pb

standing calf (10-12 ss) 5 sec neg, 10 sec stretch position
50 lb, 15
100 lb, 8
160 lb, 13 pb

stiff leg deadlifts (6-10 ss)
60 kgs, 12
100 kgs, 10
180 kgs, 9 eqaul pb

smith sqauts (6-10 ss, 20 rep widowmaker) (gay machine that runs on a slight slant)
70 kgs, 10
90 kgs, 8
120 kgs, 9 pb
70 kgs, 20 pb

session wasnt too bad, but i had to go into town so the gf could get foils in her hair, this took longer than expected and so my food was less than quality going into the session, hotdog, a kebab, and when i got home a can of tuna before i trained...........so basically fast carbs robbed me of energy and so did processing a can of tuna before training.........i havent been eating enough carbs in general and its costing me, but i will get on it tomorrow.

anyway bb curls, were ok, i thought i used better form than usual and got the same reps as two weeks ago......i dont think i will do it next blast but, i need to do exercise that i cant cheat on at all, not that i cheat really, but i feel mechanically the exercise isnt working due to wrist stress and other factors

calfs raises were good, will move up in weight next time.

stiff legs were hard, i was tensing my throat to much and cutting of my air, i need to really focu my breathing for these......its a tough lift with big weight, but it would have been nice to have progressed, maybe next time.

smith sqauts on the shitty slight tilt machine.........the track is on like the slightest angle, so essentially the deeper you go the further the bar moves foward, the mechanism is so heavy on it too, but i adjust the figures to be around where they would on a normal machine......i think its about right because my free sqaut is 130 kgs for 9, so yeah.................................................although i hate this machine coz it feels like im going soft, it really hits the muscles well, smashes the qauds so well, also works heaps good for reverse grip smith, maybe the designers new what they were doing, they just need to lighten up the bar and locking mechanism, so it weighs 20 kgs instead of the 30-40 kgs it does.

nocked out the gruelling widowmaker which was fun but painful.

anyway because the gf ruined my weekend session preparation......i told her if i dont get 3 new pbs ( so progressions) its anal sex night in the knight_rider dome tonight....spit and shove no lube stylin.......boo yeah..

so the question is, does the widowmaker count or do i get to bang my pretty dark asian beauty in the back door like a over priced thai glamour ladyboy??????

decide my mrs fate tonight!!!!!

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol
i sawy let chuck do it to her and you watch, and both of you will enjoy that even more than if you were to do it yourself :)?
man this log is the best one going, it is the only one i have been in for a while, but even then, nothing else matches up to this!
180 somethin stiffs after doing other shit man thats just huge; strong mofo!
(nothing that you didnt know already though!!)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for clearing my DC inquiry up mayne :xyxthumbs:

Very heavy SLDL in that session bud, hurts my Hams and lower back just thinking about that :hhj:.

Base

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol
i sawy let chuck do it to her and you watch, and both of you will enjoy that even more than if you were to do it yourself :)?
man this log is the best one going, it is the only one i have been in for a while, but even then, nothing else matches up to this!
180 somethin stiffs after doing other shit man thats just huge; strong mofo!
(nothing that you didnt know already though!!)

thanks dude, appreaciate it.....you should check out turks an bulkboys too, they have some mega tough lifts

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for clearing my DC inquiry up mayne :xyxthumbs:

Very heavy SLDL in that session bud, hurts my Hams and lower back just thinking about that :hhj:.

Base

yeah i got one of those super lower backs, its pretty much impervious to injury these days (touch wood) i cant wait to see what im stiff legging and normal deadlifting in a few years, and then getting shredded, i wanna see what my spinal erectors look like........im hoping for johnie jackson type thickness

cheers for the positive comments

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
New routine looks good and you got off to a great start with that session. Knocked out some more PB's - can't argue with that!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cheers turk yeah i hope i blow up and start lifting weights as big as you..

come on now brother....technically YOU are bigger than me!!! :hide: 250lbs, and your climbing!!!! :eek5wavey: your training is massive as well brother! :2:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol well weights not everything..............how tall are you by the way, im 6 foot so i kinda have to be heavy to fill out my frame, i need to be this weight cut lol, maybe one day......thanks for the kind words, stay the course

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol well weights not everything..............how tall are you by the way, im 6 foot so i kinda have to be heavy to fill out my frame, i need to be this weight cut lol, maybe one day......thanks for the kind words, stay the course

i'm 5'9" brother, ur still pushing sum killer weight brother and don't let up :tiphat:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
squats nothing but soft...
stifflegs are good tho fantastic weight and reps...
Squats fucking terrible...
COngrats on equaling the pb on curls...
Seriously though work on that squat...
props for doing wrist curls as well...
But those squats are shit...
Dont be too hard on your mrs shes only little...
Just work on your squats...

pickle

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow that last session is just incredible, squats, bb curls, everything looks amazing, and those stiffies are just plain crazy u know that?:D love ur workouts brother, keep pushing the scale:D

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cheers fella's

p.s. hey pickle race you to your old 10 rep sqaut pb.......that 150 kgs for 10 rep ass to grass.................last one there buy's the other a game for their console........