• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, I'm glad you're getting excited, because so am I!!! But still pretty nervous :(
Layne only dropped the carbs a tad, but its making a difference. I'm seeing little details come out everyday! This weekend I have the tough job of moving my girlfriend to her new apt. NOT a good mix with lower carbs, and a tired body. But oh well. I think i'll be able to count it as a cardio session haha

I'll try to make a video of my posing routine so you guys can see it. That would be pretty cool! I'll have pics up by Saturday Night hopefully. It will be 2 weeks out from my first show, and 6 from my second. Go time baby!!!!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You crack me up Pete, reading your log is like reading a MuscleTech advertisement because of how excited get for every change in your diet.

I like the song choice, should work well. Gladiator is one of the better soundtracks. Hanz Zimmer ftw.

To add what the Creator said, I think it looks a tad akward how far you sit down in your side shots. Could you try taking a picture of you standing up more?

I'm not surprised to hear that you're getting tired of all the cardio, I'm sure every person working with Layne Norton would feel the same way :io:

By the way, the ab&thigh shot looks beast!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
18 weeks down, 2 weeks to go!!

Flex, I just took these pics and read your comment, I would take some more, but im in a hurry, cause I have a million things to do today. I will try not to sit down so much next time to see how it looks.

These are the pics I took this morning (about a half hour ago) Notice the sleepy eyes.. lol. Anyway, this week I lost NOOOO weight!! WTF!!!! I was pissed. However, I feel like my body has changed. I feel like I def have some more seperation happening, and getting harder. Still, I probably need another small drop in carbs or something. This is what happens when you get into the lower BF levels I guess. Its pretty frustrating, but whatever. I'm up for anything to get diced up for this show. I want to win with all my heart. Ive put too much into this to care about carbohydrates. I dont give a ****. I can eat whatever when all this is over. I only decided to compete every few years, I want to give my all when I do it. Theres no point in doing this if I'm not willing to go 100% and give all my effort. Starving or not. It doesnt matter.

Here are the pics.

Also, I did an aesthetic stance for my front double biceps and front lat, How do you guys like it compared to my old stance? I feel like it showcases my legs better, which are a strength. Thanks!

Attachments

• fdbbi1.JPG
    fdbbi1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Fdbbi2.JPG
    Fdbbi2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 78
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 weeks to go!!

Front Lat, both styles

Attachments

• Flat1.JPG
    Flat1.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 74
  • Flat2.JPG2.JPG
    Flat2.JPG2.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 weeks to go!!

Triceps, and Side Chest

Attachments

• Tri.JPG
    Tri.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Schest.JPG
    Schest.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 80
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 weeks to go!!

Side Tri, Back double Bicep

Attachments

• Stri.JPG
    Stri.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Bdbbi.JPG
    Bdbbi.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 76
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 weeks to go!!

My back is kinda flat this morning, but I dont think I really crunched it enough in these shots. However, my hamstrings are looking better! yay. I'll def focus on pumping up my back for the show. Probably a fair amount of 1 arm rows.

Attachments

• Blat.JPG
    Blat.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Abthigh.JPG
    Abthigh.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 67
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 weeks to go!!

Most Muscular: hands on Hips, Crab

Attachments

• MMhip.JPG
    MMhip.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Crab.JPG
    Crab.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 76
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You look leaner man, great leg separation. Are you seeing glute striations?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lookin awesome dude, killer quads!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, you might not lose weight this week, but you def look harder. I love how your chest look in the most muscular. Great lines also in that back. I'm not sure what front latspread looks better.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking better Pete. Seem a little harder to me. Keep trucking these last couple weeks man! I'm competing this fall too so lets bring it home for the mecca!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Robertinho: Thanks for the compliment bro! My legs are definitely one of my strengths. I want to make sure I flex them as hard as I possibly can on stage so the judges are wowed by them! haha. Glute striations? Nah not yet unfortunately. Do I see more definition in them? are they much leaner? do they look harder? absolutely yes. I dont see myself having crazy glutes for the first show, but by the second show, who knows!

PV: Thanks man! I need to bring up my upperbody so I can hear you say killer physique! haha I appreciate your support bro.

MVSF1: I feel the same man. But the changes are enough, so I made changes in my diet! should tighten up even more this week for sure! My chest is weak from the front, but my side chest, and crab shot actually make it look not awful! My back isn't great, but I agree with you, the lines are coming in, and its looking pretty proportional. Its not super wide, and not super thick by any stretch, but it looks balanced. So thats good i suppose.

TC: Thanks bro! I'm working my ass off to do everything I can to get leaner. I'm really excited to hear your competing as well! I'm sure everyone would love to see a log by you showing your progress! I know I would! When are your shows??

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Little update guys...

so this weekend was ROUGH to say the least. Saturday from 8 AM-3 PM my girlfriend and I worked on moving her out of her apt. filling boxes, carrying, lifting, etc. We filled her little car about 4 times, making 4 trips back and forth. Her new apt is only 3.5 blocks away, so there were 1-2 times where I carried a larger piece over like book shelf, or a bed headboard the 3.5 blocks because it wouldnt fit in her car. Obviously the whole day wasn't spent lifting and loading. There was a lot of organizing, etc. But still it was a long ass day, and I was spent by the end of it. No gym after that.

The next day was the same idea. Started around 8 AM, and finished around 3 PM. This day was a bit tougher, lifting much heavier stuff, and had a truck to do it. We did 2 loads in the truck, and 1 in her car.

Needless to say, I didn't go to the gym after that day either. The whole process was a marathon session, and it really drained on me physically and emotionally. My GF actually had a meltdown or two because she thought our relationship was falling apart because I was so grumpy and a pain to be around lol. I'm totally great to my GF, but I have to agree, I must have been ZERO fun to be around. 2 weeks out from a competition, feeling unconfident in my physique, lower carbs, and low sleep. But I did the work thoroughly, never complained, just did work the whole time. When I'm tired, im a bit grumpy. So I tend not to talk at all. And im sure the look on my face was abysmal the entire time, so I can understand why she thought this.

the new Apartment looks amazing though, so were both extremely happy about that :)

ANYWAY!

Layne lowered my carbs a little bit because of my lack of weight loss last week. It's really fine by me. When he makes adjustments, its very gradual. 10, or 15 carbs here and there, 5 grams of fat there, etc. So its not like I'm losing a meal or anything! I just need to take away half a slice of bread here and there. The protein has been high the entire time, and thats what saves me. Protein has made my appetite suppressed so well. Honestly, I feel more hungry on my high carb days because my meals have less protein in them to offset the higher amounts of carbs. The meals are more enjoyable because I can eat more carbs, but they go through me MUCH faster because of the rate of absorption of less protein.

This morning I took my weight, and I was 2 pounds lighter then I was 2 days ago. I know the lower carbs are helping, but all that moving for my GF's new apt definitely sapped my glycogen levels for sure. Today is a higher carb day though, so that should help a bit. I'm going to try to sleep extra these next few days if I can too. I slept well last night, and it makes a world of difference. The difference between sleeping 6.5-7.5 hours, and sleeping 8 hours straight is HUGE. I feel sooo much better after 8 hours of sleep.

I'll be posting pics this Saturday. I WILL be more conditioned, and you'll see some serious changes in physique for sure.

12 days until my first competition, 40 days until my second!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Moving sucks man! hang in there lol, and be nice to your gf lol, jk, best of luck in the last 12 days prior to the 1st show man!

Cork

Cork

Looking great Pete. I'd take your advice and start up a log here for my contest prep, but people would be "meh" at me after seeing the progress you've made, haha.

Speaking of which, the hard work is totally paying off. I don't think you need to worry about your physique AT ALL, you'd cream me up on stage, though that might not be much of a compliment, haha. What is your weight these days anyhow? It's always so hard to tell how tall someone is when they are the only ones in the pics.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PV: It was so tough bro!! I'm trying to be even nicer to her. It sounds sad that I have to TRY to be nice to her, but when dieting for this long, it really wanes on you, and my emotional drive runs low. Its not that I dont care about her, because I absolutely am in love with her. But for some reason, I feel a little emotionally numb lately. I hate to blame it on bodybuilding, but thats the cause. I get so anxious about the show, and on top of that, lower amounts of food, namely carbohydrates, have been proven to make your body depressed. Your body is literally ADDICTED to glycogen, so depriving it so much for a long time, has adverse affects on personality. For me, its made me a little hot headed, and emotionally tired, and a bit numb. Its honestly one of the WORST parts about dieting. These last few weeks, I just haven't felt myself. I'm usually very chipper, constantly joking, upbeat, loving, affectionate, etc. Lately, all of those things have been dissipating more and more as the diet gets harder, and the show gets closer.

Cork: Bro, your avi looks very good. You're doing great, and everyone would really like to see a log out of you. Doesnt matter where you stand next to others, bbing is a person journey. And we'd all love if you shared that with us. I know I would!! Thanks for the compliment! I feel a little more confident every day. Also, I know Layne will help me peak for the last week, and that should def help. I take in so much damn water and sodium throughout the day, if he manipulates it right, there should be some good changes in these next 11 days.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stay strong Pete! I'm competing on October 2nd

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks TC! October 2nd, that puts you at 6 weeks out. NIIIIICCCEEE!! That's one week after my second competition on September 25th. How's your prep going bro? What are your macros, training, and conditioning looking like? Sorry to pry so much, but you really do handle yourself like a pro, and I want to pick your brain!!

I'll have pics up tomorrow night fellas. Layne started my peak weak program yesterday. Basically yesterday and today I lowered my carbs and fats a bit more just to deplete a little. Saturday and Sunday I start to carb up verrry slightly, but pull back on the protein, so really the calories are about the same as thursday and friday, its just the ratio is a little different. Then Monday is when the fun begins!!! :) I can't wait to eat a whole bunch of pasta, oatmeal, etc!!! It's not so much the type of food I'm looking forward to eating, rather the portion sizes!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1 week until the OCB Mid Atlantic Battle for the Belt!!!
5 weeks until the NABBA Novice Gran Prix!!

Everyday I get a little more nervous, but i also get a little more excited and confident because im seeing changes in my body pretty much every day. I wish the Nabba show was first, and the OCB show was second, because I care much more about the OCB show. But whatever. I'm over it, and i'm ready to battle it out onstage. The last few days Ive been depleting a bit, but today and tomorrow I am off from lifting as per Layne's orders, but not cardio. The depletion has definitely helped get harder for sure. Monday is when I start my carb up process. It's a much different approach then what I'm used to, but I think its going to work out really really well. It's basically, I take in my most amount of carbs Monday, then gradually lower them until the day of the show. This helps bring in the fullness, but not spill over. I'm also taking more time to pose each day. I'm making sure to practice every day more and more. Its tough when your legs are tired from cardio, but I have to deal with it. If I can be good at it with tired legs from cardio, i will be superb at it with fresh legs on the day of the show!

Here are some pics my girlfriend took 2 hours ago. We are in a new apt (its truly an upgrade!!), so the lighting is different. I think it helped a little, so i hope im not getting overly confident on false pretenses of better lighting, but so be it. I hope you guys like them. Please give critiques. I've tried to not sit down so much on the side poses, and I agree, it looks less awkward, and I feel better doing it.

Attachments

• fdbbi.JPG
    fdbbi.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Flat.JPG
    Flat.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 65