• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This Friday and Saturday I'm going on a canoeing trip.

Each day we will be canoeing around 2-3 hours. It's probably going to be very light canoeing, but it will still be constant. I talked to Layne, and he said these could count as cardio sessions, and that I should keep my macros the same. No additions, no reductions.
I looked online for calories burned while canoeing, and a few websites said 1 hour of light canoeing for a 190 pound man (im 196) would burn around 270 calories. Multiply that by 2-3 each day and this should be more then enough!

My Food intake is going to be a little strange because all the food we bring has to be non perishable.

I bough $30 worth of lean beef jerkey and chicken jerky. I will also have low carb tortillas, whole wheat bread, protein powder, packets of oats, and 2 gallons of purified water. I made a breakdown of each day and how I will divide up my food accordingly so I hit my macros perfectly. These are the kind of days where preparation is key. Going camping and canoeing is a complete 180 from a normal day, so I had to be completely prepared to stick to my diet and workout plan. I can't afford to lose any days with bad eating. It's not worth it, and I would be thinking about it the entire time I'm on the trip. Now I can enjoy my trip, enjoy the great outdoors, and still progress with my contest prep!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have fun on your canoeing trip!

Cork

Cork

Nice, where you going canoeing? I just got back from a trip on the Susquahanna. It sure is good cardio. Puts a huge burn in the shoulders.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
16 weeks down, 4 to go!!!

Cork: I went with AdventureSports, it was near Allentown PA, and we canoed on the Delaware River. Damn straight man, my shoulders were definitely feeling it! My chest and Back workout today should be interesting... lol

Hey guys, so I got back from camping/canoeing yesterday afternoon, and boy was I wiped out! 10 miles of Canoeing on Friday, and 6 miles on Saturday. It was definitely two cardio sessions that were quite unique! It was a little tough because we had a fair amount of baggage in the canoe, and my girlfriend was rowing in the front, so needless to say I was doing most of the work. But it was fantastic weather, I stuck to my diet to a T, I enjoyed the great outdoors, my legs got a break from normal cardio, got a little tanner, and no injuries or stupid stuff happened. All in all, a great trip.

I took some pictures last night a few hours from getting back home. I may be holding a tad bit more water then usual because my protein sources were beef jerky, chicken jerky, tuna, and a bit of protein. All extremely salty, save the protein powder. I chugged 2 gallons of water while on the trip, but still this is basically sodium loading! Check out pics of Erik Fankhouser from his last show to portray the water retention with this method..

But yea, I like the way the pics came out, I'm definitely feeling tighter everyday. As I should be with way more cardio, and lower carbs and fats!
Also, I just started a new fat burner by USP Labs, I took my first dose this morning, and I can definitely feel the caffeine!! I was feeling wired for about 3 hours while taking it. Not bouncing off the walls or anything, but much better feeling then usual. Then again, it is high carb day, so maybe its the carbs... Anyway.

Attached are my pics I took last night, I'm weighing in around 193 right now, If I keep losing 2 pounds a week weight up until half a week out from the show I should be around 186 for the show. This is only 1 pound heavier from my last show, but it is DEFINITELY evident in my pictures I'm taking that I'm bigger then my last showing. I've definitely added about 10 pounds of contest weight, so this means I'll be around 9 pounds tighter. Hell yea!!

Attachments

• FDbbi.JPG
    FDbbi.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Flat.JPG
    Flat.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 60
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 weeks!

2nd set..
Triceps pose, Side Triceps

Attachments

• Tri.JPG
    Tri.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Stri.JPG
    Stri.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 56
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 weeks!

Side Chest, Back Double Bicep

Attachments

• SChest.JPG
    SChest.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Bdbbi.JPG
    Bdbbi.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 201
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 weeks!

Back Lat, Ab thigh

Attachments

• Blat.JPG
    Blat.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Abthigh.JPG
    Abthigh.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 68
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
4 weeks!

Most Muscular: Hands on hips, crab.

Attachments

• MMhip.JPG
    MMhip.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Crab.JPG
    Crab.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 60
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you PV! Btw, did I mention to you ever the DBZ was one of the reasons I wanted a muscular physique? I used to watch that show in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, and watching Saiyans like Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan kick major ass got me so amped up!!! I remember watching the show, and doing crunches, pushups, and DB curls during the commercial breaks! hahah
Thanks again for following along with the positive feedback, I appreciate it bro.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ Same here, i hated other anime's because the guys were too feminine and skinny while DBZ guys were ****en buff as hell lol.

You're looking great Pete, your hamstrings are getting really hard!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great separation in quads and in tris. Your side tri and the other pose in which you show part of your back and tris is complete awesome.

Great job, man!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DM: I hear that bro! DBZ = Motivation!!! I'll never forget how stoked I was when Goku turned Super Saiyan for the first time vs Freiza. Ah to be a kid again. lol
Thank you very much! I focused a little more on isolating the hamstrings this offseason, and posing them hard while prepping. I think it has paid off! I want them to really pop from the back by the time I hit the stage. Thank you again for your kind words.

MVS: Thank you for the compliment! I just finished up a rough draft of what my posing routine will be, and I have incorporated that pose into it. My girlfriend really likes that pose for me as well! It's funny how some of the mandatories really don't show off the physique as well as some other poses.

Posing influences: Troy Alves, Frank Zane, Rich Gaspari, Dorian Yates, Shawn Ray, Ed Corny. These are the guys I have been watching on Youtube for inspiration, to compile my posing routine. I've incorporated ground shots, kneeling poses, mandatories, side poses, back poses, and front poses all with pretty decent transitions. I have 12 poses in my routine, so I think it will be good for about a minute, which is exactly what I wanted. When I'm really impressive to watch on stage I'll make my posing routines longer, but for now, I like to keep it a medium length showcasing all my bodyparts fairly evenly.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you PV! Btw, did I mention to you ever the DBZ was one of the reasons I wanted a muscular physique? I used to watch that show in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade, and watching Saiyans like Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan kick major ass got me so amped up!!! I remember watching the show, and doing crunches, pushups, and DB curls during the commercial breaks! hahah
Thanks again for following along with the positive feedback, I appreciate it bro.

LOL, awesome man! DBZ rules!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Legs are really starting to come in. Great progress pete!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I held my breath when I saw you commented on my log TC! I really hold your opinion in high regard. From a competitor's standpoint, when I assess my physique, and look for conditioning in the back, im always thinking to myself, "Is this anywhere close to TC's glute-ham tie in"? Maybe a little TMI, but that aspect of your physique is seriously a goal of mine, as im sure it is many others at the Mecca.

With all that said, I'm currently 3 weeks out from my first competition, and 7 from my second! 17 weeks of dieting in the books!
Not too much to say this week. I stuck to my diet, cardio, training, supplementation, etc while working part time, and going to school. Everything has been going great! I've been working on my posing routine a bit as well. I'm going to try and run through my routine 5 times every night. This should only take out about 10 minutes of my day. Doesnt sound like much, but if I do it 5 times in a night consistently, I would have done it 100 times before I step onstage! If it's not perfect by then, I have no business being up there.

I'm definitely feeling leaner every day, and I want to feel confident in myself, but I really wish my conditioning was better this far out. I still have 3 weeks til the show, so who knows what could happen. I feel like the final weeks are when dramatic changes start to appear. Still, I wish I was closer to the conditioning I wanted. More of my friends, family, and loved ones are going to the first show. Not only this, but the competition will be harder as well. I wasnt considering this my "warm up" show by any means. I intend to be in prime condition for both.
I can't really have ANY regrets for this prep. I worked my ass off in the offseason, rehabing my shoulder for months, eating, training, resting, getting a coach, all 100% dedicated, consistent etc. I ate, trained, breathed, slept, dreamt, and lived bodybuilding as a major priority for the offseason and precontest. Besides more time in the gym and growing, etc, the only thing that will hold me back from winning, is my conditioning.
I have come up with a plan of attack for my next extended offseason. I will stay within 12-15% body fat for the entirety of the offseason. I feel this will be a comfortable weight range, my cardiovascular condition will be better, and I will be closer to contest shape. I thought I was relatively lean last offseason, but in reality, I was probably somewhere near 18-19% BF. That's a bit too high to get into prime condition, even with 20 weeks for myself. Some people may disagree, but longer dieting definitely works for me. I hold onto muscle much better. Any sort of the slightest crash dieting, and I flatten out, lose strength, focus, and mass, FAST.

Anyway, enough *****ing. lol. Here are some pics I took an hour ago. I feel like I could have vacuumed a little harder, and hit my hamstrings harder, but my hammies were still pretty sore from my legs session yesterday!

Attachments

• Fdbbi.JPG
    Fdbbi.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Flat.JPG
    Flat.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 52
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3 weeks to go!