• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just arrived home... it's 6.26AM in the morning... when I woke up I'll take a deep look at your pics and post my opinion! ;)

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking real good from the rear, quads are great, triceps are thick. Conditioining is coming, you've made awesome progress since your first pic was posted. Congratz man!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MVSF1: I expect full critique of my pictures! Thanks so much for keeping along bro. Your support means a lot to me, and I really appreciate it :)

Robertinho: It's great to hear your say that, I always considered back to be one of my biggest weaknesses. I've worked really hard to bring it up, so thank you! I hope the conditioning comes on time, this train is arriving in 3 weeks for OCB mid-atlantic Battle for the belt!! I should have posted an ab thigh shot the first week, that would have shown some serious progress!! haha.

Thank you for commenting bro, I really like when new people give their opinions, critiques, edits.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, well, well, looks like somebody is dieting!!!

First thing that shocked me are your delts, the separation displayed there. Amazing. Your legs are looking as big as 20 weeks ago and they are separated as hell, great job there.

On the other hand, your chest: I would like to see a little bit more definition in the middle of your pecs, some striations there would do the trick!

Congratz, mate, you are doing an awesome job.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Latest set of pics look even better Pete! I would make one suggestion though on your posing. Take it or leave it however, I think it would really help display your physique better. On your back shots, force an anterior pelvic tilt before you hit the shots (force your butt out rather than squeezing it in). You will have a much easier time showing a tie in and it will display your erectors better!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MVSF1: I noticed the same thing about my delts! I think that was the most significant change. Thank you for noticing :) Ive been working my legs hard as hell. Hitting them twice a week the entire time, ontop of doing lots of cardio. So to hear they havent gone down in size is a big relief.

TC: Thank you! I will definitely heed your advice for sure. When I watched the Arnold Classic in '09 I noticed Tony Freeman would stick his butt out significantly before hitting a back shot. It makes sense to me why he would do it. I'm going to practice it for sure. THANK YOU!! Please keep the critiques coming.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i think doing what the creator said would change the angle of your lower back to your lats and bring out the lower lat insertion a bit more.

Looking hard pete, your legs look really good. Do you think you will be bigger this time on stage or leaner?... or both?

Cork

Cork

Great progress so far Pete. It's really coming together.

I'm curious, how much of your cardio is HIIT and how much is LI?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DM: Yea it could definitely help for sure. I'm going to remember to do it for my next pics, and practice a bit during the week. My lower lat insertions show best when I crunch down on them before I hit the pose, then do a vacuum with my chest and angle my back backwards. What I didnt realize, is this is only crunching the top half of my body, once I incorporate the pelvic tilt TC was talking about, it will crunch my lower lats and lower back together to show much better detail back there. I hope with that, along with more dieting, I can show better detail then my competition :)

Cork: Thanks man! I appreciate it very much. HIIT: twice a week, 5 minute warm up, 15 intervals, 15 minute cool down. LI: 4x a week 45 minutes.
Obviously, I havent been doing this the entire time. As my metabolism has needed improving along the weeks, my cardio regimen goes up. When I first started the diet I was doing like 2 LI cardio sessions for 20 minutes each LOL. Its been a pretty gradual process, but yea, cardio is starting to wane on me for sure lol.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also DM: I think I will be both. Ive absolutely put on a good amount of muscle since my last show, sometimes I think its a little hard to see cause Im a taller guy (6'0"). but yea, I'll be bigger, and I should be in close to the same, or better conditioning for my first show, and probably even better for my next 4 weeks later.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
everything sounds good. i envy your dedication.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just keep on working hard man! good luck!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just a quick update guys! 2.5 weeks til my first show, 6.5 until my second.

I FINALLY chose my posing music. I will be using the Gladiator Theme song, from seconds 0-1:10. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgCevpO18t4
I feel like it has a good progression, and solid beats in the music to strike powerful poses to. I need to download it from Itunes ASAP so I can start practicing to it. This is not the kind of song that you can put any routine to. There are distinct beats in it that will have the audience scratching their heads if I dont hit a pose to it. The finale has a bunch of strong beats that I need to hit Most musculars to for sure.

Also, Layne took some carbs away to keep the fat burning going! No other changes though. :) I'll have pics up by Saturday hopefully.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Awesome, pete. Looking forward to seeing you peeled!

Pretty good track, you can do a lot of classic posing in the slow moments.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Epic songs are great and If you pose properly it's going to be a ****i**good apresentation.

Lee Labrada, he's great posing:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
DM: Yea I think its a good change for me. Last time I competed I did Bring em out by TI. Honestly, I almost went back to it because its just such a good hype up song that myself and the crowd would enjoy. Plus the chorus goes off twice in the first minute, which is great. But yea, I have my posing routine pretty much set, I may add a pose or two because this song is an extra ten seconds longer then what I had planned. I'm looking forward to seeing me peeled too!! haha I hope it happens. I'm working my ass off everyday.

Robertinho: Thanks man, I was thinking the same thing! Anyone can pick a popular song, and have a decent routine to pose to. But I felt that if I can put the time into posing with more classical epic music, and actually hitting shots when the music strikes a beat, it will be much more impressive. Its going to take some practice, so i need to start asap!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome sing choice man! u should film a pose session with the music for us to see!

Cork

Cork

Great song, I'm looking forward to see what you put together.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey pete, Must be getting edgey now! keep it up brother. Im pumped you chose to pose to the gladiator theme. You have the classic athletic bodybuilders physique with an arnold esque frame so classic music is a great choice. It will stand out too hopefully. Goodluck, stay confident.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Waiting for the next set of pics. Excited to see how the lower carbs affects your detail!