Your first visit?
Register

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Bulkboy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

u looks awesome bro, uve done a hell of a job with the diet so far, great midsection, back and shoulders cant wait to see u on contest day

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The Creator's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^Thanks bros. I just felt like throwing that comment in! I am 3 weeks and 4 days away from my first show. My upper body is just about ready. Getting really vascular in my lower abs which is always a good sign, starting to get my signature arm pit vein popping out, and erectors are starting to christmas tree. But damn my legs! They have gotten leaner but they progress at such a slower rate then my upper body. I will post up some pics this saturday!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Lionheart's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good to hear bro

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation nigster's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just keep on pushing reaaaaallly hard for about two weeks and then give your legs some rest so you can get rid of that extra water. But you look good and ready to rock 'n' roll! Rock hard dude!!

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^Thanks guys! Yeah I am not planning on doing any leg work for that last week and I will cut the cardio at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time and hopefully they will pop like I want them to. They arent looking terrible but I set some really high expectations for my overall conditioning.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation The_KM's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
    ^^Thanks guys! Yeah I am not planning on doing any leg work for that last week and I will cut the cardio at least 4 or 5 days ahead of time and hopefully they will pop like I want them to. They arent looking terrible but I set some really high expectations for my overall conditioning.
    Hey bud, can't wait for the pics!

Not sure how you're planning your last weeks, but what are you doing right now?...

Are you sodium loading and water loading? Just wondering. Play it by ear bro, if your carb depletion isn't going well, train the first 2 or 3 days of the week to deplete any mount glycogen.

The one thing I learned in my first show was no outline will work for you. My next show I'm not carb depleting nor am I sodium manipulating..but this depends on how I look. Ya know? Do the same just see how it goes until then. If you're SHREDDED at 2 weeks don't change a thing...and I mean that.

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat. bodybuilding reputation Big_Guns_Lance's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Looking great dude for 7 weeks out! Great side chest and the abs and thighs looks good too. Keep trucking on hard bro.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Beau's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

like everyone else said looking awesome dude...right on track for success!

sigpic70272 11

"Its better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven"

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^Thanks bros. I just felt like throwing that comment in! I am 3 weeks and 4 days away from my first show. My upper body is just about ready. Getting really vascular in my lower abs which is always a good sign, starting to get my signature arm pit vein popping out, and erectors are starting to christmas tree. But damn my legs! They have gotten leaner but they progress at such a slower rate then my upper body. I will post up some pics this saturday!
    Thanks for the update bro ,
    wow 3 weeks and 4 days out damn... its gone so quick!!!!! work those quads bro :keke: i have the same issue with you regarding upper to lower body progress rate :keke:

we're looking forward to the new pictures :coolguy:

[OCT 08,FEB 09|MOTM] DriDDeRz
    [2008 MOTY|2nd]

My Inbox is always open for Questions & help regarding anything

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks again guys. I should make clear that this wont be my first show I have ever done, just my first one one this year. I had planned on being ready to go at two weeks out but since I went with this earlier competition I dont think that will happen. My bottom line philosophy about peak week is "nothing drastic". If I am looking good a week out, then very little will change. I do plan on doing a slight carb reduction combined with slight sodium loading at which point I will be doing medium intensity depletion workouts. On the thursday before the show, I will start loading up with sweet potatoes and yams and drop the extra sodium. I will shoot for about 300 grams of carbs on thursday and 2 gallons of water and then do 400 on friday with 1 gallon of water. The morning of I will likely do some sort of junk food-high in sugar, fat and sodium. I do not believe in dropping water. I look my fullest and best when I am drinking a ton of water so why should I change that???? Water does not make you spill over. Too many carbs will make you spill. Water follows carbs so if you carb up right, all that water will follow the carbs right into the muscle and virtually none will end up subcutaneously. There is no tricking the body, period. The body is way to smart and reacts way to fast to be tricked. Every drastic change that a competitor makes will likely have a short lived positive effect if any followed by a negative "pendulum" effect. I am making all these decisions based on previous contest experience and simple science. Everybody responds differently so there should never be one protocol.

As far as tanning-
    I have already started tanning 3 times a week to get a base. I will exfoliate on Wednesday after I shave and follow that by my first coat of pro tan. I will rinse in the morning and paint again thursday. Rinse and light touch up shave on friday followed by a third coat of pro tan and after that dries I will follow that will a coat of dream tan. On the morning of, I will apply another coat of dream tan in which I will mix hot stuff for a nice shine. I followed this protocol with a friend of mine and his color was the best in the show!

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sounds good man.

Yep definitely don't cut water, is was something I learned through trial and error. What happened to me was I started tapering down water when I realized it was a bad idea. But by then it was too late and I already triggered the hormone release. You don't cut water wile sodium depleting for that very purpose.

You seem like you got it covered! Ugh, you're using Dream Tan? Shit's a damn mess. I opened that stuff up and said fuck this and had a tanner at the hotel to get me going! Good luck with it.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah its a lil messy but I think I really like the stuff! My story sounds a lot like yours. For my last show I had nothing but an 8 ounce redline on friday which probably equaled a negative fluid intake for the day and then just a couple sips on saturday morning...Flat and smooth, what a wonderful combination!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sounds like your looking like you need to bro, plus your avi looks sick so your definitely holding on to your muscle. If your legs are having problems catching up have you considered getting a mild diuretic to help get rid of that water covering up your lines? I would think about it, seriously. I don't know if I spelled it right but Dyazide is great and safe.

[April|MOTM] Braaq
    sigpic72117 1

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^^Do you have a link for that diuretic bro? I think I will probably end up doing a mild one. I just got back from a workout and my buddy that I was training with gave me the thumbs up for being on track for the show in 3 and a half weeks so that is good!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Braaq's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^^Do you have a link for that diuretic bro? I think I will probably end up doing a mild one. I just got back from a workout and my buddy that I was training with gave me the thumbs up for being on track for the show in 3 and a half weeks so that is good!
    I will try to find you a link if you can buy it from one, Duality got it from a buddy who worked at a hospital and somehow got his hands on it. :wutyousay:

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Blake and Creator ->

jk

awesome advice BLake, and Creator you'll kill the competition..
    also Redline is a pretty darn good Drink, try Drinking blackpearl RTD 15-20mins before a workout too, get a good boost.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If you can't get your hands on that, try MHP Xpel. Worked awesome for me. Use 2-3 prior to show. Using it on the day of is up to you and if you need it. I needed it.

Just an option!

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^yeah I have heard of the Xpel. Give me more input on it bro... You think I run a risk of coming in flat? Or do you think it would befifit? Any input is appreciated!

So I am weighing in at 199 today. Bodyfat is sneaking into the ripped range. I saw one of the guys that is doing the show at my gym today and I gotta admit, the guy is a beast! He is an inch shorter than me and he is weighing the same as me with slightly better condition. We hit a couple poses side by side and he will definitely be some stiff competition. I am getting pretty amped for the show. I have decided that the show in 3 weeks will be my only show this season. I had originally planned on doing the Ironman on Oct. 4 but I wont make it. The diet and prep has taken a nifty toll on work, school and relationships. While I do love bodybuilding and love competing, it is very difficult to keep everything balanced and stay upbeat while prepping. If I would have planned for this one show originally I would have started cutting much sooner so I am slightly behind but I think I will make it looking pretty damn close.

I am planning on posting a set of pics up tomorrow for the official 3 weeks out!

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions