• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chesticles Log - It's big, hairy and probably smells.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't yet:e5dunno:

Chesti takes priority. Zing!

Your theoretical split looks good, but I would switch Monday and Tuesday's work; don't need strapped bi's and tri's for chest work. I've had a tendency to pair a pulling with a pushing to some nice success-back&tri's, chest&bi's, etc.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the input Eric. So do you think chest and arms or back and tris and chest and bis? Even then where to put shoulders?

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was thinkin somethen like this.

back, tris, traps - monday deads (or long pulley row) 6 sets, chins 6 set. french press 4 sets, OH DB ext 2 sets. traps 6 sets.
chest, shoulders, bis - tuesday chest press 6 sets, flye 3 or 4 sets. Shoulder press 6 sets, sides 3 or 4 sets, rears 3 or 4 sets. curl 4 sets, con curl 2 sets.
quads, hams, calves - thursday squats (or leg press) 6 sets, SLDL (or leg curl) 6 sets, calves 6 sets.
chest - saturday chest press 6 sets, flye 3 or 4 sets.

6 sets major bodyparts, 6 sets total smaller. calfs 6 sets.

Rough idea. Work cardio and abs in there somewhere.

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
I think you should do a left-side right-side split. It's a new concept I'm working on.

:spy:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll be sure to consider that Glex :49:

Ok here's what I done today. New split time babay. Added more volume and done less exercises.

Back
Long Pulley Row (Plates, not sure of weight)
8 plates x 10
8 plates x 8
8 plates x 8
10 plates x 6 (cheat last 2)
10 plates x 6 (cheat last 2)
10 plates x 4 (cheat last 2)

Super Set
Chinups.................................Close Grip Pulldowns (Plates, not sure of weight)
me x 7...................................12 plates x 10
me x 5...................................14 plates x 8
me x 4...................................14 plates x 5 DROP 10 plates x 6 DROP 7 plates x 10

Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press (lbs)
132 x 10
154 x 6 (PB :hsughr: )
154 x 7 (PB :hsughr: ) (spot to much)
176 x 4 (PB :hsughr: ) (again, spot to much)

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension (lbs)
20 x 20
30 x 8

Traps
Barbell Shrugs (lbs)
176 x 20 (warmup)
264 x 15
303.6 x 15
352 x 12 (PB :hsughr: )
391.6 x 8 (PB :hsughr: )
264 x 15

Abs
Super Set
Crunches on ab roller and leg raises - 4 x 10

Done these with no break between the super sets, burned my abs like nothin else.

Ok that's done for today, finished in about 50 mins. Back was pumped, tris not so much but they never are when I do CG bench. Until tomorrow gents :xyxthumbs:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow my page is littered with comments :gayaway:

Just a note, totally overlooked the fact that I'm doing traps the day before my shoulder workout, so I think I'll do them on saturday with my second chest session from now on.

Chest,shoulders and bis today.

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Press (lbs)
60's x 8
60's x 6
70's x 4
70's x 4
60's x 5 + 1 negative
45's x 10

Flat Dumbbell Flye (lbs)
30's x 10
40's x 8
50's x 4 DROP 30's x 6

Shoulders
Seated Dumbbell Press (lbs)
40's x 7 (the bar that was behind my on the seat got in the way)
40's x 8
40's x 8
50's x 6

Reason the weight is so low, besides the fact that I just done chest is because I was using a seat with a straight back and I can hardly do any weight on this, as opposed to an incline one which I can do alot more weight on.

Standing Side Raises (lbs)
40's x 10 (didn't like my form so dropped it back)
30's x 12
30's x 10

Wow I can do alot more weight seated then standing, interesting.

Lying Supported Rear Raises (lbs)
20's x 20
25's x 15
30's x 15 (PB :hsughr: )

I forgot to sit infront of the better mirror so I kept tilting my head up to see myself better, which is a no no.

Biceps
Straight Barbell Curl (lbs)
85 x 8
95 x 7 (PB :hsughr: ) (cheat last one + 1 negative)
105 x 5 (big cheat last one + 1 negative)
85 x 8 (cheat last one) DROP 65 x 5 DROP 45 x 10

Standing Bent Over Concentration Curls (lbs)
40's x 12
40's x 8

Stole these from Eric, think Arnold in Pumping Iron. I really like them, but I could use a few pointers on form to make sure I'm doing it right Eric :)

Ok wrapped up in 85 mins. Good workout today, bi's were super pumped after it. Until next time gents :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good workout der chesti!
Those biceps blasting is going good
your gonna be a true king kong soon :spy:
hope ur new routine works better and better man!

Peanut!!

Peanut!!

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Reason the weight is so low, besides the fact that I just done chest is because I was using a seat with a straight back and I can hardly do any weight on this, as opposed to an incline one which I can do alot more weight on.

that seat is so gay i wish they'd piss it off since NO ONE EVER uses it (apart from you so i read)

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another couple of PBs good work mate good bicep curls even with a bit of cheat thats still some impressive weight your pulling

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Wow, Chesty lots of volume and some great numbers and PB's in the last few days. I'm really liking the BB Shrugs and the Close-Grip work.

Bart: Take 'em away, boys.
Chief Wiggum: Hey, that's my line! Bake 'em away, toys.
Lou: What'd you say, Chief?
Chief Wiggum: Meh, just do what the kid said.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for your comments everyone. Short and sweet session today, cardio and abs.

Abs
Ball crunches - 4 x 25

Cardio
20 minutes bike
10 minutes treadmill (Incline level 10%, speed 6.5)

Done and done. Legs tomorrow, yeah buddy :xyxthumbs:

D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good sessions man, looks like your really busting your ass in the gym. ALot of new pbs your last 2 workouts, keep it up

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Hey, sorry I missed the start of the new split. Weight is looking good, though. Huuuuge BB shrugs, and great job on the PBs with those BB curls :xyxthumbs:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks fellas, done some legs today, here's the downlow.

Legs
Barbell Squats (lbs)
176 x 10
264 x 8 (PB :hsughr: )
264 x 6
303.6 x 3 (Could of gotten 4 I think, but the 3rd rep was a bit wonky)
215.6 x 8
176 x 10 (Hard 10)

Nutty spotted me on the heavier ones, isn't he a dear? :hay:

Standing Leg Curl (Plates, not sure of weight. Stack is 50)
30 x 10
40 x 10
40 x 10
50 (MAX) x 5 (Easy 5)
50 (MAX) x 8 (PB :hsughr: )
35 x 20 (PB :hsughr: )

Standing Calf Raises (lbs)
200 x 12
240 x 10
300 x 6 (PB :hsughr: )

Seated Calf Raises (lbs)
150 x 10
170 x 8
200 x 6

Nice and slow with them calves boy. On a side note, going to switch my back and tris session with my legs as the 2 upper body sessions are to close together, and I'm ganna move traps to my second chest session on saturday aswell as cardio. Good session today, done in about an hour and stretched when I got home. Until Saturday (Which will be something new for me) gents :xyxthumbs:

EDIT: Oh I forgot, got some story time for ya boys.
So these two school kids come in, so I knew right away it was going to be funny. One starts doing long pulley row with horrid form, and the other goes over to a pec deck (we have two in my gym, I call one the big one and the other the little one :spy:) the tiny one, and does the stupidest thing I've ever seen. He does just his left arm, then puts more weight on then does both, but doesn't do his right :e5dunno: he does this about 5 times, then goes to the big pec deck and does the same thing. Then him and his mate go to do tricep pushdowns (elbows not locked, whole arms moving up and down. Looked like he was a midget jerking off the Giant Gonzales) Then to top it off goes back to the big pec deck and does the same thing again :49:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Christ-on-a-cracker! What's with all these PB's?! :eek4:

Most impressive is the one for squatting because it's always big to break through on those bigger lifts. Nicely done.

Burns: You! Strawberry! Hit a homerun!
Strawberry: Okay, skip.
(Strawberry hits a homerun)
Burns: I told him to do that.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm sorry for not having stopped by more in the last bit Chesti; work, life, blah blah blah:gayaway:

Your new split is looking excellent; breaking out PB's left and right is a strong indicator that you've hit a good groove.

Steal away on those Arnold CC's; form wise they're tougher, but the pump is always excellent. Just let your curling arm hang and keep the upper portion of said appendage(Glex:49: ) rigid. Keeping your elbow from swinging is tough, but comes well enough after a bit. I'll usually plant my other hand onto a dumbell rack for stability. Let me know if this works for you, and keep setting the pace for me:xyxthumbs:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG, lots of PB on page 49!!! I don't know what to say man, keep training like that!!

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Line - :49: Dam you, I was thinking of quoting that in your log, it always cracks me up how Strawberry calls Mr Burns skip lol, thanks for the comments man.

Eric - I noticed the pump on the curls is good, thanks for the advice on them.

M - Thanks dude, I'll try to :xyxthumbs:

Ok second chest session of the week, cardio to. Weekend workout baby :gayaway:

Chest
Flat Dumbbell Press (lbs)
60's x 10
70's x 8
80's x 5
90's x 4 (PB :hsughr: ) I was only gettin one 1 or 2 by myself, but someone came over and spotted me for a couple.
70's x 10
60's x 10

Took real note of my form today, I realised my elbows would flare out on my chest workout, so I made sure they where locked and closer at my sides, and just pushed the DB's up and down not together at the top, worked alot better and got a much better pump. Dam those 90's to, there to dam big, why can't we get decently shaped ones? :tear:

Incline Dumbbell Flyes (lbs)
20's x 15
30's x 10
40's x 6

Cardio
20 mins eliptical (level 6)
5 mins treadmill (speed 6.0)

Just done cardio to loosen up my legs today, wanted 30 but the gym was closin :(

Story time for ya boys, got two for ya today, first one is kind of a rant:
I used a pen to write down what I do, like I always do, and the douche trainer took it when I walked off to do a set :no: I mean who the hell does that? :confused:

Ok so I just finished doing chest and was just starting on the eliptical, and I see this guy come out of the aerobics room with a skipping rope. He takes it to the weight room and starts skipping in the weight room :49: I started to loose it, and then he does bench with shitty form, then goes back to skipping again :confused:

Ok good workout today, chest was good and pumped, finished it in 25 mins. Until monday gents :xyxthumbs:

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Basebodyfitnesspaul

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session m8, well done on the 90's Db press. Keep up the good work m8. P.s. I like the way you have set out your log, coloured titles for exercises nd such, i might steal that idea :spy: :xyxthumbs: