• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chesticles Log - It's big, hairy and probably smells.

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you tried gripping the bar underhand with one hand and overhand with the other? That way I can hold 300+ kgs, which I definitely can't deadlift. If you use double overhand grip you're a total n00b and if you can't hold 120 with a crossed grip you're a weakling. lose/lose situation.

Nice efforts though.

:gaygay:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you tried gripping the bar underhand with one hand and overhand with the other? That way I can hold 300+ kgs, which I definitely can't deadlift. If you use double overhand grip you're a total n00b and if you can't hold 120 with a crossed grip you're a weakling. lose/lose situation.

Nice efforts though.

I always deadlift reverse grip Jew, I guess I've just grown accustomed to straps. I'm thinking of using a hook grip for deads now.

Forgot to update yesterday. I hit ups legs, but it was more of a trial run to see how my knee is progressing, so I don't feel the need to list the weights. From memory I done about 5 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of leg press and 3 sets of one legged leg press calve raises. Abs was a super set of hanging chin up bar knee raises and V-ups. Cardio was 30 mins on the bike and 30 mins on the treadmill at 6.0. No hamstrings where done as there still killing from dead's on Tuesday.

I found out yesterday that my mate who works at the gym stays in after closing on Saturday to work out, so I thought I'd get in on it. I was going to break up shoulders/arms and do arms on Saturday, but didn't know if it would affect my chest workout on Monday. Thoughts?

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
depends on the volume of the arm workout and the intensity:keke: I imagine you could handle training chest 48 hours later.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Nice efforts though.

and why exactly are one a total noob if using a double overhand grip?:dunnodude: i think IS has said before that a double overhand grip is better because it puts less strain on the bicep. i use a double overhand and have no problem with grip as long as i use straps.

good log chesti:tiphat:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and why exactly are one a total noob if using a double overhand grip?:dunnodude: i think IS has said before that a double overhand grip is better because it puts less strain on the bicep. i use a double overhand and have no problem with grip as long as i use straps.

good log chesti:tiphat:
Because you can't hold decent weight without locking your grip. Straps and deads are a truly gay combo you n00b :wutyousay:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ using straps for deads doesn't seem that bad, i use my straps on them on the last set (heaviest)
for BB rows its unnecessary completely though.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good sessions

(and straps are for n00bs :spy:)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^if their for noobs why do you see people like Levrone (in the past) using them
and even Cutler? their Pros

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry guys, my nets been down and still is. I'm using the internet at TAFE. Everything is still running smoothly. I did arms on Saturday, and back yesterday because I thought my Tris where still to sore from arms to be doing any pressing. I'm either going to do chest or legs today, I'm undecided.

If anyone can reccommend any cutting supps for me to buy aswell, that'd be great. They never really crossed my mind but I think I might need them for later weeks.

I'll update when my internet is up and running again, thanks for checkin the log everyone :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok it's up. Went in and done chest, abs and cardio. Tris where still fatigued from arms, and the dieting/cardio is starting to take effect on my strength somewhat.

Chest
Flat barbell press (kgs)
60 x 10
80 x 4 :no:
70 x 6

Have to start doing these again, I keep using the smith because I usually don't have a spotter but I'll just suck it up.

Incline dumbbell press (lbs)
60's x 6
60's x 6

Cable crossovers (lbs a side)
50 x 15
70 x 8

Hold and squeeze at the end of each rep.

Dips (body weight)
Me x 8 R/P +2
Me x 6 R/P +2

Abs
Incline bench sit ups (body weight)
Middle rung 1 x 10
Up one rung 2 x 10

Incline bench knee raises (body weight)
Middle rung 1 x 10
Up one rung 2 x 10

I'm using an old school incline bench for sit ups with the handle at the top, moving it up rungs makes it harder.

Cardio
15 mins recumbant bike (Level 5)
15 mins eliptical (Level 5)
15 mins treadmill (Incline 10%, Speed 6.0 km/h)
15 mins bike

Rest day tomorrow :runinafire:

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ I need to get a hold of my friend who has a camera, because the one on my phone is teh ghey.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because you can't hold decent weight without locking your grip. Straps and deads are a truly gay combo you n00b :wutyousay:

ye truly gay to use straps, truly gay to do any other approach then ur own. lots of people use straps and overhand grip, i dont see why that even matters. i guess u would call IS a n00b too then, from what i read he did not recommend a locking grip himself. straps is just a tool in my training, like a belt, i take it u use a belt on heavy lifts? why is using straps any gayer? ur statement is retarded and u know it:tiphat:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ye truly gay to use straps, truly gay to do any other approach then ur own. lots of people use straps and overhand grip, i dont see why that even matters. i guess u would call IS a n00b too then, from what i read he did not recommend a locking grip himself. straps is just a tool in my training, like a belt, i take it u use a belt on heavy lifts? why is using straps any gayer? ur statement is retarded and u know it:tiphat:

LOL you emo kid :wutyousay:

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice response:carduindisguise

I cannot be bothered with fools that aren't able to pick up thick sarcasm in writing. Stop whining.

Chesti>> more lifts por favor :wutyousay:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i speeka de inglish :gaygay:

Bulkboy has his panties in a bunch?