• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Good session Mr VIP. For a getting back into it session that was some fine weight. Nice shoulder superset too.
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
nice MR. VIP :bowroflarms: :gaygay:

looks good for me :hay: :food-snacking:

keep it up man!

miamiracing
 
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
I'm sorry to have been MIA in here for the last bit, Glex:duh:

Both your close grip and straight flat bench presses were awesome:xyxthumbs: I'm sorry to hear about the elbow pain though; definitely listen to Tim on this one and work those warmups. Made all the difference for me in that department as well.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Hypo: Yeah, we lift together, how else would you do it? :e5dunno: We just switch the weights around because he's usually stronger on every exercise...except calves :spy:

Rocky: Thanks for stopping in :hello:

Miami: Thanks, I'm glad I look good to you :gaygay:

BigE: I feel a little MIA too, don't worry about it bud. I'll make sure to get warm before a set :xyxthumbs:

Alright, this one is from three days ago:

4-17-07

Squats

225 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 8
275 lbs x 8
315 lbs x 3

One-Legged Leg Press
340 lbs x 10
340 lbs x 10

Seated Leg Curls (16 settings)
8 x 12
10 x 12
12 x 8...Drop 8 x 10...Drop 4 x 15

Pullups
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral High Row
270 lbs x 10
270 lbs x 10

Standing EZ-Bar Curls
75 lbs x 12
95 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 8

Aftermath:
I remember feeling pretty good because we hadn't worked out for a while. I tied a PB on the squats with 315 x 3, so that's good. Hopefully my form is still good there, I missed going low enough on a few of the other sets and was trying to make sure they were deep enough :ughfingers:

Alright, I'm heading out for a run because the weather here finally got nice again. I'll post that and my lifting session later tonight, and also look through all the logs I've been neglecting. Bad Glex, bad :no:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Alright, hopefully I got to everyone who had anything relatively new on their log. Here's what went down tonight:

4-20-07
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Running: 35 minutes total
3 minute quick warmup, stretching
32 minutes medium paced

Flat DB Press
70 lbs x 10
90 lbs x 8
110 lbs x 5
110 lbs x 3
110 lbs x 2

DB Shoulder Press
50 lbs x 10
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 7

Lateral Raise Machine
110 lbs x 10
110 lbs x 10
110 lbs x 10
110 lbs x 10

Reverse Pec Dec (16 settings)
8 (69 lbs) x 10
9 (78 lbs) x 10
9 (78 lbs) x 10
9 (78 lbs) x 10

DB Shrugs
80 lbs x 20
80 lbs x 20
80 lbs x 20
80 lbs x 20

Dips
BW x 30
BW x 25
BW + 45 lbs x 10
BW + 45 lbs x 8
BW x 20

Hammer Strength Abdominal Machine
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10

Aftermath:
Running was pretty tough today. Weather turned shitty so I haven't been going. On the up side, though, it hasn't mattered as far as weight-loss goes; before my run I weighed 217 :xyxthumbs:

Sara surprised me and came up here for the weekend! Her sister was coming up anyway, but I wasn't expecting it :hsughr: She came after my run, but I still went and lifted :49:
 
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
Timmmmm....:49:

Your presses and dips were definite standouts there, Glex. Coupled with a 35min run just makes it even better. I hope your weekend rolls well:xyxthumbs:
 
FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,140
Points
36
big sessions Glex, lateral raise machjine is looking strong
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
There's a lot of standouts there. Congrats on the squat PB tie - that's there for the breaking next time. Really strong presses on the other session. Dips are damn fine too. And those EZ curls...basically your sessions are :xyxthumbs:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Tim: :xyxthumbs:

Eric: Thanks as always, big man :hsughr: The weekend rolled fabulously.

Nature: Thankya :xyxthumbs:

FF: Yeah...it went pretty well for some reason :e5dunno:

Rocky: Thanks bud. I hope to beat the 110 lbs x 5 next time, that was a PB tie.

The weather here is still amazing, so I just got back from a run:

Running: 47 minutes
Medium paced mostly, threw in a little fährtlik for the last few minutes, though. Just picked a route, not a distance or a time to shoot for. And now I'm gonna go do up some abs before a meal and a shower :hsughr:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Unfortunately for me, we had a running day at PT, less than 10 hours after the run above :disgust: Oh well, at least I don't have to do cardio later today, although I still might :hsughr:

Running: 23 minutes
Hard pace with the occasional lulls associated with running in formation :disgust:
 
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
679
Points
16
good old cardio, you gotta love it
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ Sure do :xyxthumbs: Just wish I'd had more time to recover.

Line and I hit this up today:

4-23-07

Flat DB Press

80 lbs x 10
100 lbs x 8
110 lbs x 6...PB :hammer:
110 lbs x 2 + 1 forced
90 lbs x 8

Hammer Strength Iso Incline Press
180 lbs x 8
180 lbs x 8

DB Shoulder Press (60 degree incline)
The angle explains the 'jump' in strength
70 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 4 + 1 forced
75 lbs x 7

Seated DB Side Laterals
35 lbs x 8
35 lbs x 8
30 lbs x 10

DB Shrugs
130 lbs x 10
130 lbs x 10

Cable Rope Push Downs (2 pulleys)
120 lbs x 15
120 lbs x 10

DB Skull Crushers
35 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 6
35 lbs x 8

Abs

Aftermath:

Felt pretty good today. Was quite pleased with the PB on flat press. Oh, and get this: Line did abs today :uhoh2:
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Great session. Knew you you'd get that PB on bench! :xyxthumbs:
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Nice workout mayne, big DB presses I must say and good to see some weight on shrugs (although I think you could of pushed out more sets)

Thanks for the advice on DC to :xyxthumbs:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Nature: Thanks :xyxthumbs:

Rocky: I didn't :uhoh2: But thanks for the vote of confidence :hsughr:

Chesti: I actually forget if we did two or three sets because I messed up my log a bunch yesterday, but my traps are feeling it today. I did a lighter day on traps a few days ago and I agree with you; I like more weight.

Alright, here's the skinny:

4-42-07

Running: 26 minutes

Medium paced...calves are still continually sore, :tear:, but at least the lower back is better now :xyxthumbs:

Pullups
BW x 10
BW x 8
BW x 8
BW x 6

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral High Row
360 lbs x 6
320 lbs x 8
320 lbs x 8

Preacher Curls
65 lbs x 15
85 lbs x 10
85 lbs x 8
85 lbs x 8.....Drop 65 lbs x 4.....Drop 45 lbs x 12

Aftermath:
Line's legs are out of commission from a baseball incident (bruised his shin up pretty good), so we didn't do legs. He did hamstrings, but I was across the way filling out some ROTC paperwork I forgot to do. I was going to do deadlifts, but by the time I got done Line had already finished hamstrings so I just moved onto the other stuff. Next time, though :hsughr:
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
is it me or did your pullups get better? :e5dunno:

your rows are also looking solid :gaygay:

nice preacher curls too and the drop set is always nice :xyxthumbs:

nice run :xyxthumbs:
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Glex said:
Rocky: I didn't :uhoh2:

But you wrote PB after DB flat bench 110lb?! :uhoh2: You buffoon.

Another nice session there. Good pullups. Those preachers drop sets are damn fine too you big lummox!
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top