• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
ironheart: It's possible, but the 405 was pretty heavy. Next time I decide to max maybe I'll jump from something like 385 to 425.

Rocky: Yeah. Let's hope I don't fuck my back up again :ughfingers:

knight: Thanks :tiphat:

28 February 2008

Running: 40 minutes, approximately 5 miles

Incline DB Press

60 lbs x 12
80 lbs x 8
100 lbs x 6 + 1
100 lbs x 4 + 1
That's better :hsughr:

Flat BB Press
225 lbs x 5 + 1
185 lbs x 9 + 1

Reclining Alternating DB Curls
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10

Upright DB Rows
40 lbs x 10
50 lbs x 10
50 lbs x 10
50 lbs x 10

Cable Rope High Rows
90 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 15

Preacher Curls
65 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 8

Aftermath:
Well, incline DB press went up after remaining stagnant around 4 reps, so that's good. Hopefully that trend continues.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome session man!! its amazing that u still had energy to finish all that great work after some awesome running!!
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Excellent work on the DB Incline - just makes me ever more ashamed to post up my efforts in a little while.
 
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,330
Points
36
awesome work, good to see you back doing deads
just watch out you dont reinjury the back:hhj:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Vegeta: I was feeling pretty drained, but I had the oomf to improve on the DB inclines. As you can see on the flat BB press, my strength rapidly deteriorated after that :49: Although, the bench press at this particular gym is horrible...it's too high and the rack for the bar is goofy and gets in your way, so that probably didn't help :no:

Rocky: Hopefully they keep embarassing :xyxthumbs:

Ragekage: I'm not too worried about that. I'm keeping form as much as possible, so if I get injured I get injured. It's not like ROTC can do anything else to me :disgust:

I missed posting my last one, so I'll try to remember it:

1 March 2008

Dips

BW x 10
BW + 45 lbs x 8
BW + 90 lbs x 8...pretty easy :hsughr:
BW + 135 lbs x 2...pretty not easy
BW + 90 lbs x 4

Squats
135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 8
245 lbs x 5
175 lbs x 14...drop 135 lbs x 14
I forget, but I think there may have been another set in there somewhere...

DB Skullcrushers (slight incline)
35 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 8

Stiff Leg Deadlifts
135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 10
Easy peasy.

Reverse Grip Cambered Bar Cable Push Downs
I don't remember. It was four sets.

Single Leg DB Calf Raises
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10

And I think that was all she wrote for that day. Maybe some abs, but I don't remember. Then yesterday:

2 March 2008

Pullups

BW x 4
BW x 16...PB :hammer:
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 6

DB Shoulder Press (slightly off 90 degrees)
50 lbs x 10
70 lbs x 8
85 lbs x 6
85 lbs x 4
I don't remember the reps exactly, but it was at least 6 and 4 on those last two sets :49:

DB Rows
100 lbs x 10
120 lbs x 10
120 lbs x 10
120 lbs x 10

DB Side Laterals
35 lbs x 10
40 lbs x 8
35 lbs x 8

DB Rear Laterals
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10
35 lbs x 10

BB Shrugs
275 lbs x 10
365 lbs x 10...mixed grip
365 lbs x 10...mixed grip t'other way
365 lbs x 10

Abs

Pullups again:
BW x 8

Aftermath:
I'll try to post the day of from now on :49:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome session there glexie! nice dips!and congrats on those pullups.....vids?:)
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Strong presses there bro.Dips and DB rows are awesome.Good job lately:xyxthumbs:
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
sup glex,

lot of stuff in just one session, dips, squats and military's lookin awesome as always :)
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Vegeta: Actually, I was thinking of taking the camera I'm borrowing to the gym. It doesn't have any sound, but you'll get to see mah sexiness :gaygay:

Lionheart: Thanks :tiphat:

Miami: Well, that last post was two separate sessions, so it might not be as long as you think.

Did this earlier today because the weather was fantastic:

Running:
3Mar08 1


Should be chest and biceps later tonight, stay tuned :xyxthumbs:
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
some impressive sessions in there, fuck you almost are up with Rocky for the 'king of dips' crown! some impressive sessions for sure!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Thanks, knight :tiphat: I'ma go for four next time :ughnoes:

3 March 2008

Incline BB Press

135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 8
225 lbs x 3...no spot
225 lbs x 4 + 1

Flat DB Press
90 lbs x 8
90 lbs x 6

Isometric Bench Press
Laid on the floor under the squat rack and pushed up on the bar on the underside of the safety bars.
Two sets, one minute each

BB Curls
75 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 10
105 lbs x 6
95 lbs x 8

Cable Rope High Rows
90 lbs x 10
90 lbs x 10
90 lbs x 10
90 lbs x 10

Hammer Curls
45 lbs x 10
45 lbs x 10

DB Shrugs
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10

Isometric Shrugs
Pulled up on the Smith Machine the wrong way the catches are supposed to work :keke:
Two sets, one minute each

Cambered Bar Cable Curls (2 Pulleys)
120 lbs x 10
140 lbs x 10

Isometric Curls on the Same
Two sets, one minute each, one set low, one set in the middle of the movement

Abs

Aftermath:

The isometrics were something I wanted to try out. I'll probably include them for the next week or so and see how I like 'em. They burn like a mother :runinafire:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Awesome session and strong inclines! keep up the good work
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
Why do you do all the isomatric stuff..?
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Good session bro.How do you bis feel now after that isometric stuff?Any soreness?
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Vegeta: Inclines were ok. Hoping to improve those a lot.

Philo: I dunno, just felt like it :49:

Lionheart: Nothing noticeable :dunnodude:

I updated my pictures :gaygay: mostly because youtube is performing maintenance and I can't upload the videos from my workout yet. The videos are fan-damn-tastic, though :xyxthumbs:

I kind of combined my legs/tris day with my back/shoulders day because I missed the gym yesterday due to 13 hours of lab report writing :disgust:

6 March 2008

Pullups
BW x 8
BW + 25 lbs x 8...PB :hammer:
BW + 45 lbs x 5...PB :hammer:
BW + 45 lbs x 3
BW + 25 lbs x 5
BW x 8
Video of the first three sets coming soon!

Close-Stance Front Squats
135 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 8
135 lbs x 10
:ugh:

Deadlifts
225 lbs x 10
275 lbs x 8
275 lbs x 8
:ugh: Wasn't feeling these either.

DB Shoulder Press
45 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 8...video
90 lbs x 4...never done this weight before so PB :hammer:...also a video

Close-Grip Bench Press
135 lbs x 10
185 lbs x 6...no spot
185 lbs x 8...spotter available, didn't need him :dunnodude:

Close-Grip Cable Rows
180 lbs x 10
180 lbs x 10

Side DB Laterals
35 lbs x 8
35 lbs x 8...drop 25 lbs x 8

Shrugs
315 lbs x 10
405 lbs x 10...PB, I think? :hammer:
405 lbs x 8
315 lbs x 12
Felt very good :xyxthumbs:

Superset
Rear DB Laterals...................Diamond Pushups
35 lbs x 10.............................25 reps
35 lbs x 10.............................25 reps
35 lbs x 10.............................25 reps
I included a video of one of the diamond pushups sets because a few people asked me what they were.

Aftermath:
Well, it had it's ups and downs, but overall I'm very satisfied :hsughr: I'm very happy with the pullups, DB shoulder press, and shrugs. I've always felt like my BB shrugs lack range of motion when I go heavy, but I've been doing them every time I do shoulders and back so I think I'm getting the hang of them. I felt like I was definitely pulling the 405 high enough :xyxthumbs:

Hopefully I'll get the videos up later tonight. Stay tuned :hsughr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Nice pullups and shoulder presses bro.Shurgs are plain awesome.Good work:xyxthumbs:
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
awsome session glex. got a few PBs in there, good job mate:xyxthumbs:
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
thats some nice workout right there bud

congrats for the pullup p.b.'s shrugs looking heavy and good too :)
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Thanks guys :tiphat:

As promised:

YOUTUBE MADNESS!!!1!

There's no sound, so don't adjust your speakers.

First off, pullups, BW x 8


Pullups, BW + 25 lbs x 8, PB


Pullups, BW + 45 lbs x 5, PB


DB Shoulder Press, 75 lbs x 8, easy peasy. Notice the camera work at the end, you guys thought it was going to transfer to some Flex Wheeler and Charles Glass, didn't you? Contract!


DB Shoulder Press, 90 lbs x 0 :49:


DB Shoulder Press, 90 lbs x 4, with one loooooong ass last rep :49: Some bitch knocked the camera on that last rep, which is why I was laughing at the end.


And because I've had some people ask me what diamond pushups were, I recorded a set of these. They're just like regular pushups, but you put your hands close together (so your thumbs and pointers form a diamond shape) and go down until your chest hits your thumbs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
Damn man those vids are great! That last one is true fucking determination right there. Some huge lifts in that session and that vid shows the power right there! Awesome job.
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top