• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Glex: I've Got Runners Trot

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ Haha, no, no torch...besides I'm an American I don't know what that means :spy:
 
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
679
Points
16
wow bro you have ran through some shoes
 
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
You should feel like a freakin champ after that 300 set. All this madness is making me scared:uhoh2:

Or maybe it's just Sparta.

Good call on the new shoes as well, Glex. I suck in the footwear department; I just bought my first new pair of gym shoes since '00 or so last week. It does make a huge difference.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
A must have, good running shoes. Ive had some bad shoes while training for a triathlon (done it once but never again). I got shin slints from it. Took me at least 6 months before i could run again.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Nature: Yeah...I should've replaced the middle pair a long time ago.

Eric: It's probably Sparta :spy: Seven years is a long time for a pair of shoes :uhoh2:

Philosopher: Yeah, definitely...I always forget how much of a difference they make. Holy shit, six months? Those are some bad shin splints :ughnoes:

Running: 25 minutes total
5 minute warmup
Stretching
1.5 Mile Run: 10:05
Walked a lap
10 minutes light pace
Stretching

Abs
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
what kind of shoes are those? you seem to like the exact pair every time :49:

I hope they discontinue them :spy:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Tweak: Clearly they are different. The two pairs on the left are 13s, the pair on the right is 13W :no:

And now for something completely different.

No belts or straps were harmed (used) in the making of this workout.

4-5-07

Duration: 1 hr 20 mins

Military Press

135 lbs x 10
165 lbs x 8
185 lbs x 6...PB :hammer:

Superset
DB Side Laterals..........DB Rear Raises
35 lbs x 8......................35 lbs x 8
35 lbs x 8......................35 lbs x 8

DB Shrugs
100 lbs x 12
100 lbs x 15
100 lbs x 12

Pullups
BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 4

Squats
185 lbs x 10
225 lbs x 8
275 lbs x 6

Prone Leg Curls (11 settings)
6 x 10
Pyramid starting at 6 then adding 2.5 lbs weights up to 15 pounds and then back down for a total of 13 reps

Dips
BW x 25
BW + 45 lbs x 10
BW + 90 lbs x 8

Underhand Cable EZ Bar Pushdowns (Single Pulley)
60 lbs x 12
60 lbs x 10

Deadlifts
185 lbs x 10
225 lbs x 10
275 lbs x 8

One-Legged Calf Raises
BW + 45 lbs x 15
BW + 60 lbs x 12
BW + 75 lbs x 12

Flat BB Bench Press
135 lbs x 15
225 lbs x 8
255 lbs x 3 + 1 forced

Reclining Alternating DB Curls
35 lbs x 12
40 lbs x 5...:e5dunno:
35 lbs x 6...:e5cdunno:

Forearms
6 sets of various exercises

Aftermath:
I wasn't planning on doing this, but I really didn't want to have to go to the gym tomorrow, so I said, "Why not?" I was happy that I got it all done in the time it normally takes Line and I to do a regular workout (he was sleeping, by the way :no:). I decided to go it no straps, which was fine because I didn't want to go super heavy on anything (since I was doing everything), though the pullups did suffer. They'll get there, though.

I weighed myself before and after my workout. I think it's amazing that one can drink over 3 lbs of water during a workout and have lost weight. I'm just under 219 now, so the diet and running is working slowly :xyxthumbs:
 
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2007
Messages
5,778
Points
38
nice work, bro!
keep it goin!

your military press looks so good :)

oh and about the water, i need about a galon for a workout but still loosing weight :) thats really amaizing...

mimairacing
 
D

Dobbs

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
173
Points
16
Wow, hell of a workout. Suprised you can walk out of their in one piece, deadlifts, squats and benching in 1 day must be hell.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
1,095
Points
38
Sweet crap Glex:eek:; that volume is staggering. The fact that it was done in an hour twenty only makes it even more impressive. Truly excellent work:2:
 
Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
679
Points
16
those military presses are great
 
Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
586
Points
16
14 SHITTING MOVEMENTS!!! HOLY CRAP GLEX!!

Super-human effort there mate, major props for shifting all that lot and getting a well desreved P.B too. All in 80 mins! Can't ask for much more than that.

Great work Glex. Awesome.
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Miami: You must sweat even more than I do :runinafire:

Tim: I thought you would like the strapless workout :xyxthumbs:

Dobbs: It was rough but I didn't do more than three sets on anything so it kind of evened out.

Eric: Thanks a lot, it's always an inspiration :hsughr:

Nature: Thanks, they're getting there :xyxthumbs:

Evo: :49: Thanks man.

Thanks again to you all, just don't expect it to happen again soon :49:

Depending on how Line's weekend went, we should be back in the gym tonight. I'll at least get some cardio in, so stay tuned.
 
Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
3,370
Points
38
Nice workout man, lots of compounds in there. If your not sore tomorrow, I'm going to have to kick your ass :spy:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
^^ It was a few days ago and I was :xyxthumbs:

Good luck kicking my ass :spy:












You'd have to catch me first :49:
 
Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
1,757
Points
61
Well, Line's MIA, so here's what I did...little bit of a high-rep day:

4-9-07

Cardio:
Stairmaster, 20 mins
Inspired by Paulie :gaygay:
According to the machine it was 400 calories

Flat BB Bench Press
135 lbs x 15
185 lbs x 15
225 lbs x 6
185 lbs x 8
135 lbs x 15

Incline DB Press
80 lbs x 6
65 lbs x 10

Alternating DB Front Raises
30 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 15

DB Side Lateral Raises
30 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 10
25 lbs x 15

DB Rear Raises
30 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 15
30 lbs x 15

DB Upright Rows
50 lbs x 15
50 lbs x 12
40 lbs x 15
40 lbs x 15

Two-Arm Overhead DB Extensions
85 lbs x 15
85 lbs x 15
85 lbs x 10...Drop 50 lbs x 15

Abs

Aftermath:

My left elbow is bothering me, which had some impact on the workout but not much. I brought an ace bandage so I wound it up for the shoulder raises, which helped.

I jumped on the scale and I'm a little bummed because I gained some weight over the holiday :disgust: I'll bring it back off though :xyxthumbs:
 
PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
459
Points
16
Good session mate, shame on Line going MIA:eek5nono:

Sorry to hear about the elbow, I get sore there too, sometimes massageing my forearms helps, as if you get tight there your elbows can get inflamed.

It can come from rolling under when benching or if you curl your wrist alot when doing curls.:e5dunno:

Hope it gets better buddy.

PS...tell Line his girl.

-PUMBA
 
TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 14, 2006
Messages
550
Points
16
good work Glexy solid work bro keep it up
 
FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,140
Points
36
steady on your elbow bud, good solid session though, what excersises do you do for abs??
 

Similar threads

Glex
Replies
20
Views
8K
PrinceVegeta
PrinceVegeta
Glex
Replies
7
Views
5K
Glex
Glex
Glex
Replies
15
Views
6K
Folkmetalhead
F
P
Replies
18
Views
4K
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Bravo
Top