• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Hooked on Dolphins

P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
haha dude for real..? 1 pull up? So the run and the pull-up are the only 2 things you have to do.?

No, the test goes on for 2 days. I'm sure its more challenging than the sergeant at the barracks told me.
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
^^True, be prepared for the worst senario.
 
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
5,990
Points
38
No, the test goes on for 2 days. I'm sure its more challenging than the sergeant at the barracks told me.

True, I can see them trying to make you underestimate what you are going to go through. Either way, I think your ready for the worst they can throw at you. Hell, if they make you guys do tai-bo you will demolish all! :49:
:tiphat:
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
I am sure you will be prepared for the test no matter what they throw at you.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Like Creator said, you are well prepared for everything they can trow at you Pain :xyxthumbs:
 
h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
1,236
Points
36
BMI looks good! And I have to repeat these guys, I know that u are got ready for this and u can make it!!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
My BMI used to be 26-27... I was only 12-14% BF at the time. Stupid lack of height making me overweight.

Is entry to the Marines meant to be any harder then regular infantry? The infantry is a shoe in for anybody with a good basic level of fitness.


...just looked it up. Looks hard but definitely not impossible. The first day will be a piece of piss, the second day will test you. Regular infantry only have to pass the first day, my brother maxed out every one of the tests he did but he's a show-off cunt.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Thursday May 1 2008

3.2km walk
stretch
4km run (did 2.4km in 11 minutes)
125 floors on stairmaster (last 10 floors I put it on running speed. :hsughr: )
stretch
4km walk (long way home)
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Friday May 2 2008

stretch
45 minutes on tred @ 6mph
stretch

circuit training

5 pull ups
20 press ups
15 dips
10 hanging ab crunches
20 knees to chest
15 sit ups
25 bw squats
15 lunges (each leg)
15 burpee's

Did 3 sets of those, my reps were different for the other sets, but not too different.

I was going to record it all but when I got done with it, my battery died out 1 minute and 24 seconds into the workout... Heres all I got.




 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Just for a laugh, heres me doing a tae-bo workout. Yes, I know it looks ridiculous but it really works. I challenge anyway to atleast give it a try before judging it. This was the basic workout from the box set.

I only recorded 30 minutes of it, it goes on for 55 minutes. The other half is mostly ab work, which is all I do for abs. You can see the results in the before and after pics I posted.





Enjoy. :io:
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Friday May 2 2008

stretch
45 minutes on tred @ 6mph
stretch

circuit training

5 pull ups
20 press ups
15 dips
10 hanging ab crunches
20 knees to chest
15 sit ups
25 bw squats
15 lunges (each leg)
15 burpee's

Did 3 sets of those, my reps were different for the other sets, but not too different.

I was going to record it all but when I got done with it, my battery died out 1 minute and 24 seconds into the workout... Heres all I got.





Awesome work Pain :xyxthumbs:
To bad about the camera..You need to get the rest on tape next week :ughfingers::food-snacking:
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Just for a laugh, heres me doing a tae-bo workout. Yes, I know it looks ridiculous but it really works. I challenge anyway to atleast give it a try before judging it. This was the basic workout from the box set.

I only recorded 30 minutes of it, it goes on for 55 minutes. The other half is mostly ab work, which is all I do for abs. You can see the results in the before and after pics I posted.





Enjoy. :io:

It doesn't look ridiculous at all:ughfingers:






:49::49::49::49:
 
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
2,642
Points
63
circuit training

5 pull ups
20 press ups
15 dips
10 hanging ab crunches
20 knees to chest
15 sit ups
25 bw squats
15 lunges (each leg)
15 burpee's

Ive used this kind of circuits a lot while preparing for my physical test. A great way to get an aerobic and "strength" workout. Really exhausting. You should try the navy seal wod.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
True, I can see them trying to make you underestimate what you are going to go through. Either way, I think your ready for the worst they can throw at you. Hell, if they make you guys do tai-bo you will demolish all! :49:
:tiphat:

When I was at the barracks a bunch of the soldiers were getting ready for P.E. They didn't look super fit, kinda overweight if you ask me. The P.E instructer looked like a bull dog though. :hsughr:

I am sure you will be prepared for the test no matter what they throw at you.

Lets hope. :tiphat:

Like Creator said, you are well prepared for everything they can trow at you Pain :xyxthumbs:

:xyxthumbs:

BMI looks good! And I have to repeat these guys, I know that u are got ready for this and u can make it!!

Thanks, I was really happy with my BMI, its the spot on weight for a soldier.

My BMI used to be 26-27... I was only 12-14% BF at the time. Stupid lack of height making me overweight.

Is entry to the Marines meant to be any harder then regular infantry? The infantry is a shoe in for anybody with a good basic level of fitness.


...just looked it up. Looks hard but definitely not impossible. The first day will be a piece of piss, the second day will test you. Regular infantry only have to pass the first day, my brother maxed out every one of the tests he did but he's a show-off cunt.

The Royal Marines is the toughest of all military, TA isn't.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Ive used this kind of circuits a lot while preparing for my physical test. A great way to get an aerobic and "strength" workout. Really exhausting. You should try the navy seal wod.

I really enjoy circuit training, its tough as you make it and you can do it home.
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Another pic. I've lost quite abit of muscle mass during the past 4 or so months. My strength is up though.

pic on left - 176lbs / pic on right - 215lbs
2ez7iwn-1.jpg
-
2e31mog-1.jpg


:hhj:
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
:ughnoes:


Still looks good though :xyxthumbs:
 
P

Pain

............
VIP
Joined
Jun 27, 2006
Messages
7,540
Points
63
Saturday May 3 2008

3.2km walk
10 shoulder width pull ups
stretch
1km run
3.5km run in 18 minutes. (Wasn't really trying to do the 3.5km in 18, it just happened. :linedrunk: )
stretch

db tricep presses
20kg x 10
18kg x 10
16kg x 10

bb skull crushers
25kg x 5
20kg x 10
20kg x 10

tricep pushdowns
45kg x 10
50kg x 8
50kg x 8
40kg x 10

bench dips
15 reps
15 reps
15 reps
10 reps

30 press ups

db incline chest press
20kg x 12
25kg x 6
28kg x 5
18kg x 10

db flies
12kg x 20

10 minute swim
3.2km walk
 
pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
1,371
Points
36
wow! u are quite fast runner my mate!
 

Similar threads

Top