• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

KM's Training/Nutrition Log

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
very big lifts there km good stuff

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great weight in that shoulder workout! Nice MP!!! :xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Glad to see your back into the swing of things KM. Great workout as well! MP are looking strong there buddy :)

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice Military's KM :xyxthumbs:

Thanks philo, preciate you stopping by :xyxthumbs:

very big lifts there km good stuff

Thanks Pickle. I'm Trying to get the numbers back to where they used to be. Fortunately my dietry is kick starting me to reach that goal!

Great weight in that shoulder workout! Nice MP!!! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks pGhi bro!

Glad to see your back into the swing of things KM. Great workout as well! MP are looking strong there buddy :)

Appreciate the kind words bro, it's great to be back :)

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hellooooooooo!

Wednesday, October 2nd

Grub

Meal 1 (had to run to DR)
30g whey protein
1 high carb fruit yogurt
1/2 cup oats
1 tbspn brown sugar
1/2 cup whole grain granola
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 2
2 whole eggs
2 slices cheese
4 strips turkey bacon
1 sausage batty
1-2 slices taylore ham
2 large whole wheat rolls

Meal 3
4 oz. turkey breast
4-5 oz. whole grain pasta
1 multi-grain bagel
1 tbspn peanut butter
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 4
8 oz. 80% lean burger
1 large roll
2 strips bacon
1-2 handfuls fries

Meal 5
1 can tuna
1 whole grain english muffin
2 whole wheat waffles
1 tbspn syrup
1/4 cup mixed nuts

Meal 6
1/2 cup cottage cheese
8 oz 1% milk
1 tbspn EVOO
3 tbspn peanut butter

NOTE:
I ate pretty good today. I usually would try to get one more meal in but I was strapped for time. Had to get a bone density test for my shins, chemistry lab report, other hw, yeah. But killed the food as much as poss! Close to 4.5kcals.

Iron
Off day. I'm sore as balls. My branchialis in both arms are extremely sore from back day and that's about it but it's a case of extreme DOMS. I'll try to be back tomorrow and hit Arms, or just triceps for that matter :)

That's it! Thanks for reading!

Kev

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ For DOMS I've found grabbing a light set or two of easy reps can be really good active recovery.

Also why the split in creatine? Why not just take one dose once?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome to see u back in the swing of things KM:D ur nutrition looks sound as hell, u sure take in some food:keke: training looks great too, military presses are very impressive:) keep posting solid stuff bro, always a pleasure to check ur log:)

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ For DOMS I've found grabbing a light set or two of easy reps can be really good active recovery.

Also why the split in creatine? Why not just take one dose once?

Idk. I take take advantage of the insulin response in the morning and post workout, so it made sense to me just to mix it up. Plus, those two times + 1 is all I need; respond better to a 15-18g cr load.

Thanks for the advice, do you mean for reps of the last exercise?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome to see u back in the swing of things KM:D ur nutrition looks sound as hell, u sure take in some food:keke: training looks great too, military presses are very impressive:) keep posting solid stuff bro, always a pleasure to check ur log:)

Thanks bro! It's great to be back in the swing of things. Appreciate the kind words and for stopping by man.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi all, trained and killed the food today :)

Thursday, October 3nd

Grub

Meal 1
2 cup egg whites
1 cheese gritt
1 dish mixed fruit
2 slices whole grain bread
1 high carb fruit yogurt
8 oz. orange juice
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 2
9 oz. burger patty
1 large whole grain roll
2-3 handfuls french fries

Meal 3 (had to watch soccer)
1 serv. pro grainer:
40g protein
117g carbs
8g fat
2 sticks nature valley
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 4
2 large breaded chicken strips
1 cup oats
2 tbspn brown sugar
1 slices whole grain bread
1 tbspn peanut butter

Meal 5
5 oz. chicken breast
4 oz. white flour pasta
1 slice cheese
1/4 cup almonds

Meal 6 (post workout)
30g whey protein
5g creatine monohydrte
2 slices white bread
1 cup mixed fruits
1 4-5" banana

Meal 7
2 cups sliced chicken
Brown sauce (lite)
1.5-2 cups brown rice
1 donut

Meal 8
1 can tuna
2 tbspn reg. mayo
2-3 cups whole grain pasta
3 tbspn peanut butter

Meal 9
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 handful nuts
1 tbspn EVOO

NOTE:
I.
Have.
Never.
Been.
So.
Full.
EVER.

5.5kcals. I had some time off today doing hw so I ate when I could. I won't be eating this many cals tomorrow or it WILL catch up with me and I'll vom. But overall, I tore up the food like it was nothing.

Iron

Triceps
(biceps were too sore from my pulling/back day)...branchialis in particular.

Nasty day though.

DS = Drop Set
SS = Super Set

Weighted Dips
BW x 13
20 lbs x 12
25 lbs x 12
30 lbs x 9 -DS- BW x 6

Lying Extensions -SS- DB Horizontal Extensions
50 lbs x 12 -SS- 20 lbs x 12
60 lbs x 12 -SS- 22.5 lbs x 12
65 lbs x 12 -SS- 25 lbs x 11
70 lbs x 8 -SS- 22.5 lbs x 13

Straightbar Pressdowns
85 lbs x 12 -DS- 45 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 10 -DS- 50 lbs x 10
95 lbs x 12 -DS- 50 lbs x 10

NOTE:
Not much needed for triceps. I plan to start using frequency as a principle in my routines. Trust me, this split's worked great but it's time to give other routines a try. I always was prone to adrenal fatigue through frequency based programs, however not with 5kcals hehe.

That's it! Thanks for reading!

Kev

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
allstar

allstar

I know I already said this but I forgot to tell you when I initially talked to you about the creatine, make sure when you take it first thing in the morning that you drink at least 32 oz of fluid with it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Idk. I take take advantage of the insulin response in the morning and post workout, so it made sense to me just to mix it up. Plus, those two times + 1 is all I need; respond better to a 15-18g cr load.

Thanks for the advice, do you mean for reps of the last exercise?
I get the idea, makes sense. Still that is the top of the recommended dosage, you may have some expensive urine after the loading phase. :49:

I actually meant on the day off or after. It encourages blood flow into the areas affected to remove waste and bring nutrients to aid in repair.

allstar

allstar

Dont do pre because First, large shifts in body fluid during exercise should be avoided at all cost. They could severely compromise exercise performance and even prove hazardous.

Also, creatine needn't be "fresh" to work. Once the muscle stores are full(loading phase), creatine is stable until degraded. Therefore, the stores don't need to be replenished immediately before exercising.

Dont take it during your workout, taking creatine during your workout could hampers exercise performance. This is due to the effect of dehydration on exercise performance.

Also dont do the pre and post becauase supplementing both before and after exercise may be counterproductive because of the inhibition of creatine transporter activity that may still persist from the previous feeding.

So saying this the best time to take IMO is in the morning and than post work out because your body is most receptive to insulin, and you should be getting an insulin PWO so that would shuttle the creatine better

allstar

allstar

this is what I showed Kev, when i suggested to take it morning and post...when does your loading end?

R

radguym

i just started reading the whole post today. nice job for your age. i am a big advocate of younger people working out and not being couch potatoes. but the only question i have is what do u take to control the cholestrol cause that is a lot of cholestrol intake

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The cholesterol's not as much as you think. I take in 4 egg yolks/wk. And my meat sources aren't too cholestoralically dense.

My load ends today and 20-25g/day is the top of the recommended dosages.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont do pre because First, large shifts in body fluid during exercise should be avoided at all cost. They could severely compromise exercise performance and even prove hazardous.

Also, creatine needn't be "fresh" to work. Once the muscle stores are full(loading phase), creatine is stable until degraded. Therefore, the stores don't need to be replenished immediately before exercising.

Dont take it during your workout, taking creatine during your workout could hampers exercise performance. This is due to the effect of dehydration on exercise performance.

Also dont do the pre and post becauase supplementing both before and after exercise may be counterproductive because of the inhibition of creatine transporter activity that may still persist from the previous feeding.

So saying this the best time to take IMO is in the morning and than post work out because your body is most receptive to insulin, and you should be getting an insulin PWO so that would shuttle the creatine better
Odd, I have read the opposite in regard to the workout creatine. As long as it is taken with sugars (dextrose or maldextren) then it is actually taken into the cells very quickly and can actually lead to better water uptake and cell volumisation during the workout.

Do you have any refs we could read on this? :xyxthumbs:
radguym said:
i just started reading the whole post today. nice job for your age. i am a big advocate of younger people working out and not being couch potatoes. but the only question i have is what do u take to control the cholestrol cause that is a lot of cholestrol intake
You'd be surprised how little cholestrol there is in an egg, let alone the fact that blood levels are largely independant of dietry intake. This myth just keeps being perpetuated by vegans.

allstar

allstar

i'll see if i can dig up the whole article tim

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Dips are looking good KM, nice weight you're using with them.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now that is eating like a horse right there brother! Good work and the triceps session looked pretty rough too!