• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

KM's Training/Nutrition Log

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work bro.Back double bi looking good and youre only 16!?
Keep up the good work:2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good work mate, nice to see some weights posted in here again.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Only one session in this last week. :crymeariver:

Good weights for your size.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Everything looks good steve, i know hard it is to get that workout session in while doing soccer full-time, i once were a soccer player so i know how much times goes into that. your knowledge is amazing for being 16, like we say nutrition is so importand for the body. i know alot of soccer players and nobody did train really often all they did was bench press and db curls, that the basic what they do. i think when you give up the soccer, you´ll be a succesful bodybuilder if you choose to become one, meaning competing. also look really big for a 16 yr old

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't trained in 2 weeks. I'm a starter on varsity this year I really wanna focus on my game. Trust me when I get back, it's game time.

Thank you maxmonzter! I'm trying to be a well rounded kid, not just a bodybuilder. I'm majoring in biochem in college so I plan to stick with it my entire life. I'm focusing on doing well in school, maintaining starting center-mid pos for varsity and keeping my size I have. All this plus my girl and friends.

Thanks for all the support and sorry for no sessions!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Updates! Some good and bad news.

First, bad news;

I had gotten back from the doctor yesterday and I was told that my severe acute shin splints have progressed into stress fractures. If I continued to play, I would have needed a rod placed in my leg for them to heal. This puts me out of the season, and maybe even next season. Fucking sucks, last year I was not a starter on varsity, and this year I get injured for good.

My coach, when I got back from my first injury, had me do ungodly amounts of fitness to get back into shape. Example of 1session:

Magic Squares (sprint 1 side of the field, jog 1, sprint 2, job 2, sprint 3, jog 4, whole field, etc).
10 laps around track, in 15 minutes.
5 laps around soccer field, in 7 minutes.
4 min of suicides.

^^Torture.

The good news;

I'm in the gym again! Diet is back on heavy and everything is where it's at during the summer! Just purchased creatine monohydrate, ON whey and BCAA's. Also have straight dextrose. I have no other choice, so it's time to get serious and do damage now.

No deadlifts. No legs. And little heavy-load, standing exercises.

My split:

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms

Simple and works perfectly for me, better than frequency based program. My weights are ganna be down but no sweat I'll get 'em back.

So, here we go!! :)

:xyxthumbs:

Kev

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
That's a bitch about your legs mate. My brother had a similar problem, and he had compartment syndrome in his calves. They had to operate on his calves to split the muscle casings or something like that. He's got some great scars now.

How long til you might be good to train legs again?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a bitch about your legs mate. My brother had a similar problem, and he had compartment syndrome in his calves. They had to operate on his calves to split the muscle casings or something like that. He's got some great scars now.

How long til you might be good to train legs again?

Yeah that's my I'm out for the season I think. If I continue I'll need surgery and shit and it's really not worth it, I'm a junior in highschool so I have another year to play V.

Idk :( I hope around November. I might still deadlift, just because it's worth it haha.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive had a similar problem on both legs a few years back. I was training 6 days a week. Played soccer and trained for survival runs. I think it was a bit oo much. I had to stop running for several weeks because of the pain and at night it became worse. After 3 months it was slowly getting better and after 5-6 months I was totally recovered.

Tripower

Tripower

Man what killed my during high school was out fitness regime for basketball...we always used to crack jokes about how we played basketball, but never seemed to actually use one hahah.....just intense running, morning and night...It ended up fucking up my pelvis somehow. Atleast you can still lift though bro!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks about ur shins man! but now u get to hit the gym!! yeah!!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive had a similar problem on both legs a few years back. I was training 6 days a week. Played soccer and trained for survival runs. I think it was a bit oo much. I had to stop running for several weeks because of the pain and at night it became worse. After 3 months it was slowly getting better and after 5-6 months I was totally recovered.

Yeah bro, people say you're a bitch if you can't go through it but they're so incredibly painful, and hinder performance so much there's no point in demoralizing yourself. Glad they're better though w/ no surgery!

Man what killed my during high school was out fitness regime for basketball...we always used to crack jokes about how we played basketball, but never seemed to actually use one hahah.....just intense running, morning and night...It ended up fucking up my pelvis somehow. Atleast you can still lift though bro!

haha nice bro. You couldn't lift? I'm definitely fortunate, that's for sure.

Sucks about ur shins man! but now u get to hit the gym!! yeah!!

Thanks bro, the fire is in me also! :xyxthumbs:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
....day behind.

Hey guys! I'll post today's meals and yesterdays session. Game Time.

Sunday, September 28th.

Grub

Meal 1
3/4 cup egg whites
1 cheese grit
1/2 cup mixed fruits
3/4 cup oats/1 tbspn brown sugar
3 slices whole grain bread
3 mini hotdogs
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 2
4 oz. chicken breast
2 large breaded chicken strips
2 slices large whole grain bread
2 multi-grain waffles, 1 tbspn syrup
2 tbspn almond butter

Meal 3
3 slices large meatball pizza
1 small house salad
Mixed vege's
8 oz. power-ade
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 4
Home made KMarooni 1400 shake:
28g whey protein
1/2 cup oats
8 almonds (approx)
1/4 cup granola
3 tbspn peanut butter
3 large scoops healthy choice ice cream
9 oz. 1% milk

Meal 5
1 can tuna
1 whole grain english muffin
1 sweat potatoe
1/2 cup oatmeal squares
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 6
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup mixed nuts
2 tbspn peanut butter
1 tbspn EVOO
5g creatine monohydrate

Total = around 5kcals! :)

NOTE:
Yeah took in the most here then I ever have. I need to bring in max calories in order to be where I was at in the summer. I shrank some, a lot actually, and I want to get it back in 2wks when for some it'd take months :)

Iron

Chest, first day in the gym. Good lord.

DS = Drop Set
SS = Super Set

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
50 lbs x 12
60 lbs x 11
70 lbs x 8
70 lbs x 7 - DS - 35 lbs x 10

Incline Barbell Bench Press
95 lbs x 14 WU
110 lbs x 12
115 lbs x 11
125 lbs x 8

Machine Fly -SS- Weighted Push Ups
100 lbs x 12 - 25 lbs x 9
120 lbs x 12 - 25 lbs x 8
125 lbs x 11 - 35 lbs x 5

NOTE:
Weights are really down. surprising, I guess that mega running, no diet 2 month phase hurt me eh? Fuck it, even more the incentive to work twice as hard. No problem.

Goodies

ON 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein
NOW Pro Gainer
PP Creatine Monohydrate
NOW Dextrose

First entry back!!

:tiphat:

Thanks for reading all

Kev

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks on the shin splints turning into stress fractures! I had chronic shin splints, the carpel tunnel version when I was playing footy. Unfortunately the curse of getting fit and keeping the jarring down is tough. Might be worth seeing an podiatrist and see if there is any physiological reason for the problems, or if it is just overuse and young growing body.

On the diet side of things; are you eating lots of fruit and veges and not including them on the list? As much as I love protein (steak, chops, milk...... mmmmmm) and macros in general I notice a lot of people seem to not talk about the fruit and vege (unless it was a bucks night show). Half of my snacks are fruits or veges.

Oh and I hate weight gainers.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks on the shin splints turning into stress fractures! I had chronic shin splints, the carpel tunnel version when I was playing footy. Unfortunately the curse of getting fit and keeping the jarring down is tough. Might be worth seeing an podiatrist and see if there is any physiological reason for the problems, or if it is just overuse and young growing body.

Yeah true. They're extremely painful. I went to my orthopedic and he said that it was caused by the fluctuation of running surfaces as well has poor conditioning. Which is off because 2 months before soccer training I was non-stop running/cardio for my competition.

On the diet side of things; are you eating lots of fruit and veges and not including them on the list? As much as I love protein (steak, chops, milk...... mmmmmm) and macros in general I notice a lot of people seem to not talk about the fruit and vege (unless it was a bucks night show). Half of my snacks are fruits or veges.

I usually take in the majority of my fruit in the morning. Just the fact that the body stops other metabolic activities just to metabolize fructose keeps me away from eating it constantly throughout the day. Not just that but the heightened BGL's if taken in high loads as well.

I love some vege's and I list everything I eat. Phytonutrients and such are imporant for me (and vit. and minerals of course), I probably eat a good amount of them 3-4x/wk and the remaining days sprinkles.

The previous day I had broccoli at 2 meals as an additive. I like it, different texture and taste :)
Oh and I hate weight gainers.

I only use a packaged gainer if I NEED to. Otherwise I blend my own shakes if I'm on the run...that's what the KMarooni is LOL.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Sorry just could only see two serves of veges and one of fruits. Combined with the large amount of dairy I was wondering if there couldn't be more veges.

Actually on the fructose thing; I think to some extent that it is overhyped (not convinced either way as I haven't done a lot of reading on it). Fruit doesn't actually contain a lot of sugar of any form, especially relative to the amount of fibre, vitamins and nutrients. Vegetables are even more pronounced in this respect and I agree with the adage that they are free foods (short of tubers like potatoes).

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey everyone!

Day 3 back, I'm on date today. I forgot yesterday's meals so I'll skip to today. I think you can trust me that I hit the weights hard as well as the food yesterday :)

Tuesday, September 30th.

Grub

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup egg whites
1 cheese grit
1/2 cup oats, 1 tbspn brown sugar
2 slices whole grain bread
1 fruit yogurt
5g creatine monohydrate

Meal 2 (post workout)
30g whey protein
5g creatine monohydrate
4.5 slices white bread
1 5-6" banana

Meal 3
2 whole grain raps
4 oz. chicken
3 large strips cheese
Vodka sauce
1/4 cup almonds

Meal 4
2 75% lean burger patties
2 whole wheat rolls
3 strips turkey bacon
1 small fries

Meal 5
5g creatine monohydrate
3 scoops pro gainer
120g carbs
40g protein
8g fat

Meal 6
1 can tuna
3 slices whole grain bread
2 huge whole wheat pancakes
2 powdered donuts
1 handful mixed nuts

Meal 7
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup nuts
1 tbspn EVOO
2 tbspn natty peanut butter

NOTE:
Okay, I'm very, very close to where I was in the summer. Yep, after 3 days! I'm so excited. Good to be back I guess. I took in around 5kcals again today, maybe a bit more with the fat I took in. Great day though, without a doubt.

Iron

Yesterday was a solid back day.
Let's follow that up with a solid shoulder day!

*WU = warm up.

Military Press
105 lbs x 12
115 lbs x 12
135 lbs x 12
145 lbs x 10

DB OH Shoulder Press
30 lbs x 19 *WU
45 lbs x 12
50 lbs x 12
55 lbs x 10
60 lbs x 4 - DS - 30 lbs x 6

Concentrated Side Laterals
20 lbs x 12
20 lbs x 11
22.5 lbs x 12

Rope Upright Rows
80 lbs x 12
90 lbs x 10
100 lbs x 10

NOTE:
Great, great session. Went with my partner today. All is going well, he's really progressed. Been helping him while I was in soccer. But yeah, my weights weren't down here and felt strong. Carbs hit me perfectly I guess :2:.

Thanks for reading all! It's great to be back and I'm glad I've got you all for support.

:tiphat:

Kev

allstar

allstar

Meals are solid bro keep it up!