• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Pickle's log - So sexy it hurts.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Re: Pickle's comeback log- not hard but moist.

Great squats Pickle!!!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Re: Pickle's comeback log- not hard but moist.

Who can tire of 5/3/1?:disgust:

everyone, its too few sets, too many days, not enough frequency luuuuuuulz


on advanced 5*5 i get to squat 3 times a week on the intro
clean twice a week
bench twice a week
and there are no choice for me to make its all there, all that goodness and im reducing my weights days by 1 per week. winnnnnnn
 
Last edited:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Bump~

Im still training just not to any sort of regime. Ill boot up the log to get my motivation up and to try to be accountable to a regime. If KR is doing it ill do it. xx

Currently 93kg
Snatch 80kg
powerclean 110kg
Squat 180kg
Deads (I dont dead)
Bench 130kg

Ill burst a few of those fairly quick (im looking at u snatch that Pr was from my second session doing them) I just have to stay injury free and make sure I gym 3 times a week (which i havent been doing)

Gonna train like this
Monday- Snatches 8-10 sets 1-3 reps and squats 5 sets 5-6 reps + Accessories
Wednesday- Power Cleans 5-6 sets of 5-6 reps and Bench press 8-10 sets of 1-3 reps +Accessories
Friday- Squats 8-10 sets of 1-3 reps and Bench press 5-6 sets of 5-6 reps + Accessories

Accessories will be out of chinups, Pushups, GHR,Stiff leg deadlifts, Skull Crushers, Push Press, Curls, Fatboy chins, seated row and ab work. Ill probably do them with higher reps less sets and maybe pick 2 per session. Ill decide next week. xoxox
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
You should deadlift, build some buns of steel.

WELCOME BACK PICKLE! be active bruh
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
Yes I brought back from the dead. We are like re-hab buddies now! Nice lifts Pickledorf.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
lol, threw neck out at gym should be right by wednesday and if not it wont hinder me much.

Snatches
warm ups then
3*60kg
2*70kg (2nd was really dodgey.)
1*75
1*75
1*75
1*75
1*75 (these were ridiculously shoddy. My right leg just had no drive i was feeling pissed because this weight was easier in my first session)
1*70
1*70
1*70 the last few came up really easy. If I did all sets with the form i did on these last 3 i could of gone above 80. Ill just try to remember the cues i gave myself for next session.

Squats A2g
80kg *5
100kg*5
120kg*5
130kg*5
150kg*5 (was a real walk in the park set, suprised since ive only squatted for the last month and my right leg was so bad in the snatches I reckon I could of easily got another set of 5 and probably even 2-3 more reps that set.)

Push Press
warmups then
60kg*5
65kg*5
70kg*5
75kg*5
80kg*4 (threw neck out asdkljlskjdlksjdlk)

Ab fitball stability exercises, stretches then out.
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
Huge squats Pickledorf! I haven't improved my squats for three years!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Bit of a meh session had to cram it in to get step-daughter to kindy before work. lol

clEAns of power
Warmups then
75kg*5
80kg*5
85kg*5
90kg*5
95kg*3 (slipped and dropped bar lol, couldn't be arsed to reset, ill get 5 next time xxx)

Bench Press of weakness
warmups then
115kg 8 sets of 1-3 reps. lololol. Thats my measuring stick. Time to build that up again. Was a little bit harder as i had to superset it with my supporter exercises
Seated rows 4*12 and Reverse Hyper Extensions 4*12

Stretched then out.

Id give it a 6 out of 10 if my last workout was a 7. I can do better.
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
Still a good session. Whats a clean again?
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlbDQUWs0s


by the end of the heavier sets if im not focused i can often drop down in the catch so it becomes less like the above video and more like the olympic variety. But Im getting better and thats usually not until the last set and last 1or2 reps the rest are all power cleans.
 
  • Like
Reactions: knight_rider

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
Trained on friday, logging it now

Squats 10 sets 140kg,150kg,155kg,160kg. started with trying to do 3 reps by the end was only doing singles.

bench 5*5 @ 100kg

chins 2*10 fat boy chins 3*15 pushups
tricep db oh 4*12

stretches out xxx
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
You have such sick squats for a tall man. I'm giving up on them for awhile I find my ass takes the weight not my quads. Good workout pickle dwarf.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
cheers kr!

yeah squats are going ok. will up some weights soon this session just dialed it in.

snatches 60kg3*3 70kg 2*2 75kg 5*1
Squats 80kg*5 100kg*5 120kg*5 130kg*5 150kg*6 (again probably could of done a few more.)
Bent over rows 4*12 @ lol
High rows 4*12 @ lol
Ball stability 4*1minute

stretched then out.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
great squats and snatches pickle!
 
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
good work pickle, love the @lol hahaha. Still jealous of them squats
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
thanks for stopping by fellas.

skippy,
nah 5/3/1 sucks. I squat twice a week, olympic lift twice a week, bench twice a week. I could do that in 5/3/1 template but id have to look at doing singles and doubles after the initial 5/3/1 sets complicated. I'll look into it if i plateau. I doubt that will happen for a while tho im enjoying training too much and loving my low rep and medium rep days.

Power cleans
75*5,80*5,85*5,90*5,95*5 Didn't even go down in the catch so all were power clean style. very happy with that especially when 95kgs is > bw

Bench Press warmups then
110kg 7 sets of 3. 112.5kg 1*3 Felt really good. will do bulk of sets with 112-115kg next week and should get 3 reps each set.
superset with 6 sets of seated row @ lol
High rows 3 sets @ lol

One arm db tricep overhead superset with db preach curl 15kg 4*12 (had to do forced reps to get last 2 sets of curls...but then i never curl)

out

pretty happy with that session. 9/10

TOmmorrow I have low rep squats and medium reps on bench.
 
Last edited:
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
759
Points
43
looking good pickle, good to see your enjoying your training too!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
another good fun session today

squats hams to calves
80kg*5, 100kg*5, 120kg*3 140kg*3, 160kg*3 *2.5 (doh) *2 *2 *2 *1 165kg*1

Chins
12 reps, 10 reps

Bench superset with fatboy chins
100kg 5sets * 6 reps with 4* 20-15 reps

stretched then out xxxxx
 

Similar threads

dilatedmuscle
Replies
8
Views
6K
Natzo
Natzo
Natzo
Replies
11
Views
10K
Big_Guns_Lance
Big_Guns_Lance
Top