• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

precontest pics: Duality

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well i clearly and very obviously won the teen class. the smile on my face was sooo big when i saw the other competitors in my division. i outweighed everyone by no less than 26lbs and the only other guy that looked comparable to me had almost identical conditioning while i was 24lbs heavier and the same height. i was very clearly the winner and was told that numerous times after the prejudging.

however i experienced one of the most disheartening and unfair experiences of my life yesterday. despite my having the best physique in my class, i was awarded 2nd place. the kid who "won" came with quite an entourage and when my name was called in 2nd, a very distinct portion of the crowd erupted (seriously it was loud). this was followed by some boos from the other areas of the audience who posses comprehensive visual skills. this kid had done this show before and his trainer was backstage and was constantly talking to the expediters and promoter himself. i came in at 195lbs, he was 176lbs. we were the same height. this kid was maybe 1% lower bf, maybe. with FAR inferior legs.

i was consoled by several other older competitors that i indeed deserved 1st. they told me not to let it get me down and that politics and connections do play a significant role, and that sometimes that means the best physique doesn't win. this does not deter me from further competition as i know i deserved 1st. i will not compete again until i come in a shredded 215-220lb and give the judges absolutely no choice in the placings. this may mean i don't compete again for a couple years but i don't care.

it was a good learning experience and a good lesson in dealing with shit that just isn't fair. it will definately help me in my contest prep for future shows.

frezzy

frezzy

wow dude that's shitty...
obviously you and everyone else there knew who the real winner was.

I want to say congrats though bro on workin your ass off to get into competition shape on such short notice!

Take this experience and just build on it.
Let it lift you up in your workouts and just prepare to capitalize on the next comp man.
I wouldn't say to let the experience go. Instead, keep it in the back of your mind and let it
fuel your workouts!

Can't wait to see when you're in the 215-220lbs range, gunna be epic!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats still bro
you will win them all over next show you do
politics in bb'ing comps is ridiculous
money, connection play a role in almost
every type of competition anyway
but you did Deserve 1st..

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
tough break man... gives you the motivation to destroy them next time though.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice 2nd place on your first comp :tiphat:

sometimes size doesnt win in shows, this aint the olympia.

ive seen lightweights take the overall because the judges thought they had better conditioning and just brought a more aesthetic and balanced package.

alot of shows is just what the judges prefer.

congrats and goodluck with your offseason now, time to eat :hyperguy:
:food-snacking:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats some bullshit. Sorry to hear that dude, but it was a learning experience for you and you know you deserved it. I really want to do a show just for the learning experience when I get done with football. Did you get some good pics from the show?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Ragekingnice 2nd place on your first comp

sometimes size doesnt win in shows, this aint the olympia.

ive seen lightweights take the overall because the judges thought they had better conditioning and just brought a more aesthetic and balanced package.

alot of shows is just what the judges prefer.

congrats and goodluck with your offseason now, time to eat

you're right and i would have had no problem losing if someone came in diced yet smaller than me. i know i could have been in better shape. but the thing is this kid was in no significantly better shape than me. certainly not enough to offset the 24lbs i had over him. like i said, maybe 1 bodyfat percentage.

2008ContestPics0061-1.jpg

2008ContestPics0071-1.jpg

my structure was wider and overall more imposing than his.

i'm really not sure about how good/if i got any good pics. my parents were taking the photos so i will have to look at some of them more carefully. basically all i've done is glance at them just to reaffirm my knowing that i was the better man on stage.

i'll try to get some up though. thanks to all for your words.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ these were taken at the hotel. i can't find any that were taken on the stage.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know we do not get along or whatever but you looked sick great chest and legs keep it up...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ thanks man. that was awhile ago anyway glad were both over it.

2008ContestPics0092-1.jpg

the only decent visibility shot i can find on this camera. looks ok.

2008ContestPics0051-1.jpg

backstage

Kanav

Kanav

that sucks man, but next time you'll come in much better that there's no way they can deny you.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you look great dude congrats!!! musta felt great being up on that stage:coolguy:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You looked in great condition mate, its a bummer that you didn't win.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
congrats bro, for your first show you did ok, your condition was good, and you look sick in those photos, huge chest and legs,and... maybe Braaq is not the only one to turn pro here :greddy:

:carduindisguise

edit: don't forget that the best competitors came in second place sometimes... Flex, Levrone, Shawn and Victor Martinez :hide:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
hey man, thats a real bummer, but you know what it'll give you the motivation to come in bigger, harder and more conditioned than everyone and ull just blow them away man. :xyxthumbs:

you look great in the pics man, you had good conditioning with, great v-taper and huge chest!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the don't wanna put the lights on? amazing how they always fuck up the teen shows with the crappy light