• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptics log of unknown mental brutality

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Push-ups will get the burn and the pump, good job
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Im considering adding in a bodyweight exercise day, with like 1 leg squats, pushups, bodyweight dips, pullups etc...
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks PV :D

Back/bis

Deadlift
8@60kg
8@60kg
8@100kg
8@100kg
3@120kg
1@140kg
1@140kg

Pullups
Widegrip
3@BW
3@BW
neutral
3@BW
3@BW

DB bench rows
[email protected]
[email protected]
7@25kg

Ez bar curls
10@20kg
6@30kg drop 4@25kg drop 6@20kg drop 8@10kg


Happy with deads... form felt great... I wish my gym let me use chalk though :disgust: I was really pressed for time, I didnt get to do traps and I wish i was able to do more sets of bench rows. Despite all this, it felt like a good workout!

Music: Deeds of flesh - of whats to come... Immolation - close to a world below
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Nice deads Skeptic, my gym don't allow shalk either but then again, they didn't know what the squat rack was till I came there and used it.

Gym Owner: "Oh that's what it's for I thought it was for benching."

Me: .....................................
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
great back workout session kurt, awesome deadlifts!!
 
KurtyJ99

KurtyJ99

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
112
Points
16
Hold it a second....your Kurt as well??? ah:xmasrofl:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Nice deads Skeptic, my gym don't allow shalk either but then again, they didn't know what the squat rack was till I came there and used it.

Gym Owner: "Oh that's what it's for I thought it was for benching."

Me: .....................................

Hehe yeah, I go to a 'commercial gym' which makes it suck even more :xmashsughdunno:

great back workout session kurt, awesome deadlifts!!

Thanks D! By this time next year ill be pulling 200 if all goes well :xmaswiggle:

Hold it a second....your Kurt as well??? ah:xmasrofl:

Me = Kurt 1.... You = Kurt 2 :xmaskekegay:
 
PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
1,141
Points
38
I feel ya on not being able to use chalk! So gay! Nice session regardless!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks PF! Yeah I kinda wish I wasn't at a commercial gym purely so I can use chalk hehe!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
1,141
Points
38
Thanks PF! Yeah I kinda wish I wasn't at a commercial gym purely so I can use chalk hehe!

Same here, they have some perks (pools, girls, etc) but I really want to find a hardcore gym around me instead of my current.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Same here, they have some perks (pools, girls, etc) but I really want to find a hardcore gym around me instead of my current.

I know what you mean :xmaskekegay: I'm prety sure there aren't any hardcore gyms near me :(
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
OK guys, this year I'm wanting to concentrate on leg strength and upper body size. Let me know what you think of this split.

Monday - Upper body
Tuesday - Lower body
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Upper body
Friday - Squats/deadlift
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Rest

Monday - upper body

Deads
DB flat bench
WG pullups
Shoulder press
dips/skullcrushers/CG bench

Tuesday - Lower body (going to focus on hamstrings, calves and volume)

Squats
Good mornings
Lying leg curls
Calf raise

Thursday - Upper body

Incline DB bench
Bench row
side laterals
rear laterals
DB curls

Friday - Squats/deadlifts

I was thinking about doing strength based structure, maybe doing a 5x5 for both, working up to 10x10 possibly

Only an early version of my split, comments are welcome.
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
This is for me but deads usually have to have a 5 days rest before re-attempted, i'd go deads once a week. just my feeling on the matter but bodies are different.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I was thinking something like that also. I might add in cable rows on mondays instead.
 
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,869
Points
38
Good back session bro ,deads looking good.
 
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
3,129
Points
48
Skpetic my sexy little guitarist where are the updates? :bball:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
UPDATED split

Monday - Upper body (heavy chest/light back)
Tuesday - Lower body (concentrate on hams and calves)
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - Upper body (Light chest/heavy back)
Friday - Squats/deadlift
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Rest

Monday - upper body

DB flat bench
BB rows/cable rows
Shoulder press
side laterals
DB curls

Tuesday - Lower body (going to focus on hamstrings, calves and volume)

Front squats
Good mornings
Lying leg curls
Standin calf raise
Calf press on leg press machine

Thursday - Upper body

WG pullups
Incline bench
Bench row
rear laterals
CG bench or skullcrushers

Friday - Squats/deadlifts (lookin toward more of a high set, high weight, low rep day)
 
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
13,133
Points
38
I have Big Balls :keke:

:49:

Hows your new workout split going kurt?
Whats your thoughts on it, Pro's and Con's
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Havn't started it yet, just working on fixing it up. Its the split i wana use for when i go back to uni.
 
Top