• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Why not train back every day?

I'm considering it myself.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Once I start getting a bit stronger than the pitiful back work I'm able to do now, I might think about upping it.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
What do you currently do for back?
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Back on every training day? no recovery?!!..but its crazy enough...i like it!!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
What do you currently do for back?

Through first cycle of 5/3/1 I was doin pullups with Bench and DB rows with MP's, but in this cycle and for the forseeable future, I will be doin pullups and DB rows on both MP and bench. When I can do 10 pullups, and 20reps @40kg DB rows, I'll change things up.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 cycle 2 week 1 day 2

Sumo deads
5@125kg
5@135kg
8@145kg ---> 4 less reps than last cycle.

Goodmornings
10@50kg
10@50kg
10@60kg

I was really pressed for time today. I didn't get the chance to take a preworkout dump, I was tired as fuck, and I was rushing.

I felt weak all over today :(
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
hey, like i said on msn its still above rep target your not going to peak for every session but you still smashed the obligatory 5. xoxoxox next deadlift day will be better.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks man :) Yeah, I'll make sure I prepare better for next week.
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
yeah that is still a good set. 5/3/1 goes alittle in waves. its the long term progress that counts:)
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Yeah, thats what I'm hoping lol, I have to get more reps next week though or else I'm going to be pissed haha
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
On the back everyday thing: technically I have done that and back is my best body part. Deadlifts, rows, Cleans, chinups all on separate days tends to hit the back from all angles on all training days.

Only thing I've found is that you have to accept that some days you will just suck at something that requires back. Most of the time it works pretty well.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hrm, well then, I just want to ease myself into it, once I can increase the volume a bit, I'll increase the days.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 cycle 2week 1 day 3

Bench
5@70kg
5@75kg
8@80kg ---> PR

Pullups BW=93kg
4@BW
4@BW
4@BW
4@BW
4@BW

DB shoulder press
5@25kg
[email protected]
5@30kg
[email protected]
Was just testing the waters a bit.

DB rows
8@40kg
8@40kg
6@40kg

Dips
8@BW
5@BW+12.5kg
8@BW

Felt pretty strong tonight! Was great fun!
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice benching Skippy, nice PR!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
8@ 80 fuck yeah :) your catching me i should find some roids
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Nice PR! Good session buddy.
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top