• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Magnussen/Ortmayer deadlifts week 2
4x4@120kg
2@140kg --> Belt on... seems I need a bigger belt.
2@160kg --> No belt

The belt I have has always been a little tight, but tonight it just felt like it was crushing me... hurt my guts during the 140kg set so I did without for the 160kg, which felt really good!
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Have fun with the Mag/Ort!

But where's the 8+ reps at the end?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
They kicked me out of the gym. Only just got in the 2@160kg
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hahaha no, the gym was just closing, they wanted me out.
 
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
6,427
Points
63
^^ LOL, I didn't thougt about that.
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
all gym's should be open 24/7!! :p good session man. i have to read up on what magnussen/ortmayer deadlift is tho.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
^
The Magnusson/Orrmayer routine is as follows:
4x4@70%
2@80%
2@90%
8+@70%

Then if you make the 8+ reps at the end of the session you add 5kg/10lbs to all your weights for the following week. You deload every 4th week and repeat the final session of the previous cycle as your first session after deload. :huepfen024:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
not logging last squat session, it was ****ed, bar continually felt like it was sliding down my back...

5/3/1 Bench Week 2
5@70kg
5@75kg
5@80kg

Felt kinda weak...

Pullups
Total of 24 reps.... some of the most full range of motion pullups I've ever done.

DB rows - 8@50kg... back was fried, thats all I could get out.

Dips
5@BW+20kg
3@BW

I havn't had the most consistent sleeping patterns... coupled with the heat, I wasn't feeling too strong. Lets see how I go with deadlifts tomorrow.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Magnusson/Ortmayer deadlift cycle Week 3
All Beltless - probs will be until I get a new belt.
3x4@125kg
2@145kg
2@165kg
10@125kg ---> Probs had 1 or 2 more left in the tank

Was really really hard, only had about 3hrs sleep last night so I had no energy. Back and hams are still a bit sore from last nights benching. Mega lower back pump.

DB shrugs
10@50kg
10@50kg
Easy, but grip was totally fried.

Hypers
10@BW+20kg
10@BW+20kg ----> 10@BW
Holy balls my lower back is freaking tight after this. Nearly fell over it was so fried.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Sleep-deprived training, not fun.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Lol you're telling me!

5/3/1 Squat Week 3
5@130kg
3@145kg
3@165kg

Last weeks problems sorted I felt really strong, a little tired, but strong. The last rep at 165kg was a rough rep but I think I nailed it. Form was solid despite no belt still.

Goodmornings
7@80kg
7@80kg

Tried to do a poncy MP session, got more than the required reps but not enough lol Had no energy after the squats. However I'm quite happy with the squats :)
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Solid squatting there Skeptic!

About the lack of sleep, i know what I'm (we're) talking about, I first started lifting as a therapy for lack of sleep. I've had my ups and downs since then and I sleep much more regularly now (not a lot, but i don't have many blank nights anymore), but anytime I don't sleep/sleep too short my strength is just gone.

Keep at it!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hehe, I never have any actual troubles sleeping, never had insomnia... its that I've got a job at a servo (gotta do what you gotta do) and I've worked a couple graveyard shifts (midnight - 8am) and they've thrown my sleeping patterns completely out of whack! haha

I'm probably the heaviest sleeper you're likely to meet!
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
^^ I first started suffering insomnia due to my sleep pattern slowly shifting towards morning and then when i needed to get up early again i couldn't get to sleep at night, causing me to pull frequent all-nighters.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hrm... well then. I think I just need to get myself into a routine, once uni starts I'll get my **** sorted.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Nightshift used to fuck me up when I worked at the hospital in London. I'd spend every second week as a zombie.

Good squatting Junior.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I SHOULD be able to do more reps than that, but she'll be right, once I get the belt, I'm gonna max out singles on 5/3/1 week.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
I'm probably the heaviest sleeper you're likely to meet!
lies! you're not even fat!

p.s good sessions, have you done orrmayer anything other then deads? i suppose for bench you would just jump 2.5kgs per session? Looking strong, you must be huuyyyyuuugeeee.

p.s what servo are u working ill get late night fuel off u. :spy: :spy: (ill also buy porn and ask if i can use your restroom)
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Haha, I work at Kedron BP... which is on the northside... I'm working saturday and sunday night so feel free to visit!
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top