• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Now that I think about it I would start measuring how much water you intake starting on Sunday before the show.

Freak:bullwhip:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
about 4 days ago. i'm 211lbs in these and am currently fluctuating between 209 and 210. i have not dropped any water yet, at least not intentionally.

IMG_66541-1.jpg

IMG_66561-1.jpg

IMG_66601-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMG_66681-1.jpg

about 213lbs, these are a week old or something idk

IMG_66401-1.jpg

IMG_66342-1.jpg

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Props dude, your chest is national caliber, back looks pretty decent, and obviously hamstrings need work (ATG squats fool!). Conditioning is better than I thought it would be, but you could use a good 4 weeks more prep to come in amazing. Next time, live and learn, and realize you're ALWAYS further behind than you think you are.

Freakzilla said:
Seriously, for natty shows they look to see who is the most conditioned. You have good muscle bellies and a decent overall structure but that don't mean shit if your not conditioned enough. Right now if your not suffering your doing something wrong.

Completely agree, though, it's not a natural show, btw...

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posted by Ironslave
Props dude, your chest is national caliber, back looks pretty decent, and obviously hamstrings need work (ATG squats fool!).

i think on top of that i'm going to start incoporating "touch up" work so to speak on back day for hamstrings. a couple extra sets a week on top of the regular work out add up over the course of a year. but thank you.

Conditioning is better than I thought it would be

lol, i'll take it i guess. lest you forget i'm not done yet. 6 days as i type this. i will drop another 7 pounds in this time frame i'm approximating. you'll get pictures.

but you could use a good 4 weeks more prep to come in amazing. Next time, live and learn, and realize you're ALWAYS further behind than you think you are.

another 4 weeks would over diet me and stick me in a division with far shorter dudes in what is typically a more competitive division. remember, the goal is to look good, AND place well. i will do that in the heavies. though you are completely right in that every diet is an awesome, awesome learning experience. i really do love it.

Completely agree, though, it's not a natural show, btw...

lol, i'm actually a little offended he thinks i look natural. unless he doesn't know my age or something.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Looking awesome Jase. That chest is fucked (in a good way). Looking very balanced in the shots. Great V-taper also esp with that wispy waist of yours! Your front lat spread is great.

I agree with IS that you need a little longer, Possibly 2-3 weeks and then you'd come in looking amazing.

Looking forward to the next set of pics, stay strong bro :thumbsup2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Front lat spread and mostmuscular pose rocks!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome size and symmetry bro! Conditioning looking a lot better. May I suggest putting a little bend in that spiked leg on that rear lat spread? I think it would do a lot better to show your hams.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You mainly hold water on your back, I do think. I'm wrong?

Midsection looks very close to contest shape, IMHO. Chest is full, you need to shock judges with it, it's by far your best bodypart.

Stick to the plan! ;)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol, i'll take it i guess. lest you forget i'm not done yet. 6 days as i type this. i will drop another 7 pounds in this time frame i'm approximating. you'll get pictures.

another 4 weeks would over diet me and stick me in a division with far shorter dudes in what is typically a more competitive division. remember, the goal is to look good, AND place well. i will do that in the heavies.

These posts reveal the thing which will keep you from reaching your lofty expectations in bodybuilding, your mental outlook. Another 4 weeks would over diet you? Please, another 4 weeks and you'd be in pretty good bodybuilding show shape, and you'd look much bigger and better.

The reason why many people were giving you grief about your conditioning a few weeks ago and encouraging you on is because you were/are further behind than you think. Did you listen? I'm willing to bet almost any money you didn't, especially with regards to doubling up the cardio like I suggested on the stepmill (another excuse, 'I like walking for cardio'.... F that, getting diced requires one of the two most important words which describe what it takes to prep for a bodybuilding show, sacrifice. This doesn't mean leisurely strolls, it means busting your ass for hours on end when your body is just screaming stop, and you struggle for each extra minute. Freak is right, if you don't feel like shit, you probably did something wrong.)

This isn't meant to rag on you personally, and by no means am I or any of the others saying you don't look good. But just give you the constructive criticism and 'wake up call' you need. It's always some kind of excuse with you, (the lighting is bad, the pics don't do justice, the calipers said 5.8%, I want to avoid a division, the squats were parallel, etc etc etc.)

For the vast majority of cases, ESPECIALLY at the amateur level, if I had to describe another word more than sacrifice which dives success in those who win shows, it would be desperation. These are the guys who are willing to pull out all the stops, stick to the diet as strict as possible, do the cardio for 15 minutes more than everyone else would, slave on the stepmill machine even though their legs are almost too tired to walk up stairs in their house, and so on.

You are now at the point where almost every possibly counter physiological mechanism is kicking in to prevent you from losing more fat. Your total natural thyroid production has droped, T4-T3 thryoid hormone enzyme activity has plummeted, hunger hormones are through the roof, energy is zapped, and many others all of which make it seemingly impossible to keep losing fat, and you have to work more than twice as hard for less than half as much results (or even more of a difference in the ratio). This happens at the point of those "last few pounds" where you try to get out those lower abs, and so forth, but I'm talking way beyond that, I'm talking the point where hours upon hours of work might give an extra subtle cut in their quads, an extra vein here and there, a bit of extra definition of the brachialis, or other tiny changes. But guess what, the desperate guys work that much harder for those "tiny" changes, because they know separates those who place, and those who win.

If you're content having pretty good abs, looking good at shows, and going to a division where you can get a top 3 finish and walking away with some kind of trophy, cool, that's fine, many people are. But, if you want to go somewhere and win shows, these are the things you need to think about every waking moment of every day (especially when it comes to the cardio). You need to start to sacrifice, and you need to get desperate.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These posts reveal the thing which will keep you from reaching your lofty expectations in bodybuilding, your mental outlook. Another 4 weeks would over diet you? Please, another 4 weeks and you'd be in pretty good bodybuilding show shape, and you'd look much bigger and better.

The reason why many people were giving you grief about your conditioning a few weeks ago and encouraging you on is because you were/are further behind than you think. Did you listen? I'm willing to bet almost any money you didn't, especially with regards to doubling up the cardio like I suggested on the stepmill (another excuse, 'I like walking for cardio'.... F that, getting diced requires one of the two most important words which describe what it takes to prep for a bodybuilding show, sacrifice. This doesn't mean leisurely strolls, it means busting your ass for hours on end when your body is just screaming stop, and you struggle for each extra minute. Freak is right, if you don't feel like shit, you probably did something wrong.)

This isn't meant to rag on you personally, and by no means am I or any of the others saying you don't look good. But just give you the constructive criticism and 'wake up call' you need. It's always some kind of excuse with you, (the lighting is bad, the pics don't do justice, the calipers said 5.8%, I want to avoid a division, the squats were parallel, etc etc etc.)

For the vast majority of cases, ESPECIALLY at the amateur level, if I had to describe another word more than sacrifice which dives success in those who win shows, it would be desperation. These are the guys who are willing to pull out all the stops, stick to the diet as strict as possible, do the cardio for 15 minutes more than everyone else would, slave on the stepmill machine even though their legs are almost too tired to walk up stairs in their house, and so on.

You are now at the point where almost every possibly counter physiological mechanism is kicking in to prevent you from losing more fat. Your total natural thyroid production has droped, T4-T3 thryoid hormone enzyme activity has plummeted, hunger hormones are through the roof, energy is zapped, and many others all of which make it seemingly impossible to keep losing fat, and you have to work more than twice as hard for less than half as much results (or even more of a difference in the ratio). This happens at the point of those "last few pounds" where you try to get out those lower abs, and so forth, but I'm talking way beyond that, I'm talking the point where hours upon hours of work might give an extra subtle cut in their quads, an extra vein here and there, a bit of extra definition of the brachialis, or other tiny changes. But guess what, the desperate guys work that much harder for those "tiny" changes, because they know separates those who place, and those who win.

If you're content having pretty good abs, looking good at shows, and going to a division where you can get a top 3 finish and walking away with some kind of trophy, cool, that's fine, many people are. But, if you want to go somewhere and win shows, these are the things you need to think about every waking moment of every day (especially when it comes to the cardio). You need to start to sacrifice, and you need to get desperate.

Thank you for that. Seriously, not for Duality's sake only but for my own. Thats the shit that keeps me pushing for my show. This is the mentality I am trying to take on and it is what separates the guy who looks good and is ripped from the guy who is sliced and wins despite the possible size disadvantage.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Spot on Ironslave. Repped! The fact Duality think 4 more weeks will overdiet him really shows that his judgment is badly clouded - I mean, just take JB as an example..he's about two months out from his show and his conditioning is way better than Dualitys.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you should take your time more with dieting Duality. What I mean by that is adding at least 6-8 more weeks to your diet next time. (I have no idea how long this diet was for you).

You're rushing everything in the last couple weeks to lose, and you obviously didn't give yourself enough time.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you should take your time more with dieting Duality. What I mean by that is adding at least 6-8 more weeks to your diet next time. (I have no idea how long this diet was for you).

You're rushing everything in the last couple weeks to lose, and you obviously didn't give yourself enough time.

I think this is a good play too, you do want to be basically stage ready around 4 weeks out...

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this is a good play too, you do want to be basically stage ready around 4 weeks out...

Great post earlier IS. :thumbsup2:
His diet was ~16 weeks out this time. He is still young and learning, I am sure he will find his niche and will get it down eventually. He has years in the sport ahead of him. I think he should get someone to do his diet for him, that way someone experienced and knows there stuff can do all the work for him. That way all he has to worry and think about is training, cardio and eating what he is told. That is what I plan on doing when I chose to compete again.